Reload this Page Decisions, Decisions
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Decisions, Decisions
Old
  (#1)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Decisions, Decisions - 02-21-2020, 07:36 PM

Digging through some of my cases in the closet to select what toy I'm going to take to Brian's on Sunday and give a whirl.

The first few cases I opened had some of my "old" stuff that I haven't broken out in a while.

1. A C-14 McDermott that I've had for almost 40 years
2. An A.E. Schmidt Titlist that I've had for almost 50 years
3. A Murray Tucker Sneaky Pete that was made in 2000 (one of the first 5 cues he ever made)
4. A white ebony Mike Gulyassy PHX Merry Widow

While checking them out, I decided to wipe them down and give them a coat of wax, so now they look too pretty to play with. They all are in MINT condition.

I may just stick (no pun intended) to the cues already in my carrying case: A BECUE and a Jackpot.

This is the kind of dilemma you find yourself in when you have more than a dozen cues to select from. It is going to get worse, too. I have another few new cues being made that will be here soon.

Last edited by HawaiianEye; 02-21-2020 at 08:13 PM.

Old
  (#2)
frankw
Semi Retired Bodybuilder
frankw has a reputation beyond reputefrankw has a reputation beyond reputefrankw has a reputation beyond reputefrankw has a reputation beyond reputefrankw has a reputation beyond reputefrankw has a reputation beyond reputefrankw has a reputation beyond reputefrankw has a reputation beyond reputefrankw has a reputation beyond reputefrankw has a reputation beyond reputefrankw has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-21-2020, 07:53 PM

How do you like the gulyassy PHX cue? Always wanted to try one

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Old
  (#3)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

02-21-2020, 07:58 PM

If you leave the Gulyassy at home, lock up REAL tight!

Old
  (#4)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

02-21-2020, 08:07 PM

Take the Tucker
Not using a Tucker is like not reading a great book that you own.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#5)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

02-21-2020, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankw View Post
How do you like the gulyassy PHX cue? Always wanted to try one

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
The Gulyassy plays very good, but I have only used it a couple of times. It is 60" and the shaft has a long Strickland Pro Taper. Mike is the guy who makes custom cues for Earl Strickland.

It looks unique, too, because it is made of white ebony instead of black ebony. It is a lighter color of wood with black grain streaks in it and the cue has a really nice Spanish bull black leather wrap on it. One of the best wrap installations I've ever seen. It took me forever for find the seam in the wrap.

This cue has no metal in it or artificial weighting It is all naturally weighted at around 19-19.5 ounces (can't remember exactly at the moment...been a while since it was weighed.). The balance point of the cue is 20.5" from the bottom. It has a G-10 pin.

The PHX cues (butts and shafts) have Phenolic rods for cores that run their entire lengths. That is something that Mike has patented.

Everyone who has seen it, or hit a ball with it, has liked it and I've had several people ask me if it was for sale, but I haven't really thought about getting rid of it.

However, I have a few new cues being made that may cause me to thin out some of the herd. I'm already out of cases to store them in and I don't want to buy more cases.

When my new cues arrive, I may list it for sale here, along with a couple more cues (maybe even the Tucker...there is a saying that goes with Tuckers "They are harder to find or get than a Searing.")

Last edited by HawaiianEye; 02-21-2020 at 08:27 PM.

Old
  (#6)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-21-2020, 08:30 PM

I know #2 and #3 would be the top I would grab first to play with.

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (05-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon (03-85) Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Old
  (#7)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member

02-21-2020, 08:54 PM

Crappy phone camera photo in bad light.

Picture turned out crappier than I thought it would. This phone camera SUCKS and I was using only light from the window and it is getting dusk here.
Attached Images

Last edited by HawaiianEye; 02-21-2020 at 09:01 PM.

Old
  (#8)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

02-21-2020, 08:59 PM

A.E. Schmidt Titlist

Didn't you say it needs tips?

It looks like it needs played.....

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#9)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member

02-21-2020, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
A.E. Schmidt Titlist

Didn't you say it needs tips?

It looks like it needs played.....
I have three shafts for the Titlist.

Two original from 1973 and one that I had Scot Sherbine make when I sent it to Proficient Billiards for restoration.

One of the original shafts has a laminated tip that is delaminating and needs to be replaced. The other two seem to be okay, but I will replace the tips on both original shafts with Ultra-skin black soft tips before I take it out.

I would do it now, but I'm lazy and it's getting dark outside and I usually do my tip changing on my back lanai.

Aloha Doc.

Old
  (#10)
trinacria
in efren we trust
trinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond repute

02-21-2020, 09:14 PM

seeing how every other one of your effing posts mentions your AMAZING becue, we could have all guessed the answer.

" love this game. its the hardest game in the world, its a beautiful game and when played right, it can be poetic, artistic." me.

If you need an aiming system, you have no natural talent for the game. Sorry.

Old
  (#11)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member

02-21-2020, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinacria View Post
seeing how every other one of your effing posts mentions your AMAZING becue, we could have all guessed the answer.
My AMAZING Becue is just like everybody else's AMAZING Becues.

If you don't like my posts, maybe you need to skip them. Easy enough, huh?

The reason I always take the Becue is because when I play with it I don't ever think about "babying" it. It doesn't ding, get scratched, or dirty like my other stuff that is back in pristine condition. And, it doesn't have any sentimental value to me, so I don't worry about somebody running off with it as much as some of my cues that I have had for decades.

If somebody runs off with the Becue, I can buy another one in a minute that plays EXACTLY like it does and looks EXACTLY like it does.

I can't do that with my other cues.

Old
  (#12)
rhinobywilhite
AzB Silver Member
rhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond reputerhinobywilhite has a reputation beyond repute

02-22-2020, 09:27 AM

What would you do if you had 4-500 pieces of quality cue squares of wood and could build anything you wanted?

My dilemma.

C14
Old
  (#13)
PickPocket
AzB Silver Member
PickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond repute

C14 - 02-22-2020, 09:38 AM

But I'm partial, because I used to own one also.

#2 Sneaky, #3 titleist. (But if I'm being honest, I'd take multiple (all if possible) and play a few games with each!

"I'm a "C" Player....C you rack, C me run out! C your C-Notes in my hand...C-U Later!"

Old
  (#14)
JC
The Thread Stops Here
JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

02-22-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
Crappy phone camera photo in bad light.

Picture turned out crappier than I thought it would. This phone camera SUCKS and I was using only light from the window and it is getting dusk here.
I had no idea that bigfoot plays pool until you posted his cue collection.

Old
  (#15)
JC
The Thread Stops Here
JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

02-22-2020, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinobywilhite View Post
What would you do if you had 4-500 pieces of quality cue squares of wood and could build anything you wanted?

My dilemma.
I have 400 quality squares of just cocobolo.

Does that make me a wood junkie?

Or a smart investor when it hits Cites 1 along with BRW?

Bob Flynn is the teacher......................

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: