Pool Table ID
Old
  (#1)
BigCaddy
AzB Bronze Member
BigCaddy is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Pool Table ID - 05-05-2020, 12:54 PM

We've been planning a pool table for the one area of our home for years. just haven't ever taken the steps.

I was offered this table for free. I have to obviously transport it and was thinking of hiring someone to do it. They quoted me $500 to drive 40 miles, tear down, drive 40 miles back and set it up.

Outside dimensions are 98"x55"
I don't know the brand.

Is it worth getting? I prefer decent quality stuff. I'm hoping it's not junk. But I hate to pass up free.

Any info on the brand of table? I imagine its laminate oak.

Thanks for the time.

Pool Table ID
Old
  (#2)
Lawnboy77
AzB Silver Member
Lawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond repute

Pool Table ID - 05-05-2020, 01:30 PM

I think I’d pass on this one. In my opinion the 500 bucks the mechanic quoted you is a fair price for moving and setup of that table.

Looks like the typical honeycomb, or 3/4” slate table with mostly particle board with faux oak/ash laminate. IMHO you can do much better, even though this one is free. There are plenty of decent used 1” slate and mostly solid hardwood tables out there for a few hundred bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Lawnboy77; 05-05-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Old
  (#3)
BigCaddy
AzB Bronze Member
BigCaddy is on a distinguished road

05-06-2020, 07:24 AM

Thanks. Thats what I figured. I'm gonna pass on this one. I prefer darker color and a little more character.

Tom

Old
  (#4)
maha
from way back when
maha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond repute

05-15-2020, 04:33 PM

might not even be slate. dont ever buy and you are buying. something you cannot tell the brand. there is a reason why they dont put the brand name on it. its junk.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: