do you use talcum powder?

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I swear this forums driving me insane, you say that the #1 reason for using CF shaft is that it felt good without a glove? And I keep hearing the exact opposite, that with a CF you must and I mean must use a glove, also that you can’t use powder with a CF shaft.

Actually if you watch online, all pros who use CF shaft are also using gloves 100%, check that out.

So I’m curious to know which brand of CF you’re using that it’s too smooth to the skin? I know with Revo you must use a glove honestly most people say this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REVO, and I must not wear a glove, although I'd love the benefits of those 2 synthetics combined if I did prefer to wear a glove. REVO without a glove feels different than wood, but with a glove all shafts feel the same. I think that is an overlooked benefit of gloves, but probably not to pros.

As RiverCity pointed out, if you have moist hands they become gummy faster due to the texture, and this is my opinion. I don't have extremely dry hands like you'd see from dermatitis, but they are about as dry as they come without my skin cracking, so I prefer the fine porous texture of REVO's synthetic shaft over smooth poly.

Before using a REVO, I would of never gave smooth poly finishes a second thought. I'm pretty sure there is detrimental effects in using a CF shaft without a glove, but that's how much I prefer the feeling. Of course since I have dry hands, just about anything works equally.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I pour talc on my glove when using the Preodair to keep it smooth but I'm careful to only spill it over the table cloth itself. No talc on my rails baby!