Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Skyler Woodward / Keith Thompson
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Skyler Woodward / Keith Thompson
Old
  (#1)
JWM
AzB Silver Member
JWM has a reputation beyond reputeJWM has a reputation beyond reputeJWM has a reputation beyond reputeJWM has a reputation beyond reputeJWM has a reputation beyond reputeJWM has a reputation beyond reputeJWM has a reputation beyond reputeJWM has a reputation beyond reputeJWM has a reputation beyond reputeJWM has a reputation beyond reputeJWM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Skyler Woodward / Keith Thompson - 03-24-2014, 09:41 PM

Skyler Woodward is a very good player. Keith Thompson (Squirrel) was a very good player at 15 years old. He was a great player at 17 years old. Keith played the big table, bar box, and snooker, you name it he could play it! He had unbelievable talent, however, I believe at about 22, he quit playing. The first time I saw Skyler, his game reminded me of Keith. However, I think Skyler still has a long ways to go. (That Is Just My Opinion) I will never forget the first time I saw Keith and Bobby Taylor walk into the Cue & Triangle. They told us they were from Houston, we had already heard about the La Cue and all the great players. We had no ideal about Keith Thompson, we did find out. Keith could get out anytime he needed to. There were no cell phones or internet. What a great time! I think Keith was the best young player ever. There have been a great number of young players from the past, as well as the present, I hoe they just keep coming up in the future. I Love This Game Of Pocket Billiards!

John Wesley
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I Plan My Life As If I AM Going To Live Forever, I Live My Life Like Each Day Is My Last

Old
  (#2)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-25-2014, 01:26 AM

With the lack of money in pool I wander how many great players were going to lose the opportunity to see grow because there are brighter horizons else where.

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#3)
JAM
AzB Silver Member
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

03-25-2014, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWM View Post
Skyler Woodward is a very good player. Keith Thompson (Squirrel) was a very good player at 15 years old. He was a great player at 17 years old. Keith played the big table, bar box, and snooker, you name it he could play it! He had unbelievable talent, however, I believe at about 22, he quit playing. The first time I saw Skyler, his game reminded me of Keith. However, I think Skyler still has a long ways to go. (That Is Just My Opinion) I will never forget the first time I saw Keith and Bobby Taylor walk into the Cue & Triangle. They told us they were from Houston, we had already heard about the La Cue and all the great players. We had no ideal about Keith Thompson, we did find out. Keith could get out anytime he needed to. There were no cell phones or internet. What a great time! I think Keith was the best young player ever. There have been a great number of young players from the past, as well as the present, I hoe they just keep coming up in the future. I Love This Game Of Pocket Billiards!

John Wesley
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I Plan My Life As If I AM Going To Live Forever, I Live My Life Like Each Day Is My Last

Great post, John, and I agree. It is kind of cool to see the new kids on the block shining brightly. Sklyer is the real deal!

Old
  (#4)
voiceofreason
AzB Silver Member
voiceofreason has a reputation beyond reputevoiceofreason has a reputation beyond reputevoiceofreason has a reputation beyond reputevoiceofreason has a reputation beyond reputevoiceofreason has a reputation beyond reputevoiceofreason has a reputation beyond reputevoiceofreason has a reputation beyond reputevoiceofreason has a reputation beyond reputevoiceofreason has a reputation beyond reputevoiceofreason has a reputation beyond reputevoiceofreason has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2014, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
With the lack of money in pool I wander how many great players were going to lose the opportunity to see grow because there are brighter horizons else where.
Why not simply play for fun?

The rest of us do..

Old
  (#5)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member
Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10475
  Send a message via MSN to Nostroke  
03-25-2014, 06:17 AM

I think Keith won the Johnston City All Around-then quit pool.

Old
  (#6)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-25-2014, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostroke View Post
I think Keith won the Johnston City All Around-then quit pool.
I just don't get that, if you are THAT good, even if you don't play all the time as a Pro, how can you not play once a month in some tournament? I once did not play for a few years at all, but then picked it up again and have probably played at least once a week for 8 years now, although the last 4 I've played with my son every time so that keeps me playing more these days.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#7)
danomano
AzB Silver Member
danomano has a reputation beyond reputedanomano has a reputation beyond reputedanomano has a reputation beyond reputedanomano has a reputation beyond reputedanomano has a reputation beyond reputedanomano has a reputation beyond reputedanomano has a reputation beyond reputedanomano has a reputation beyond reputedanomano has a reputation beyond reputedanomano has a reputation beyond reputedanomano has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2014, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post

The rest of us do..
When you get that good, it is not worth your time and energy to "play for fun" enough to continue to get better. It would be like a golfer who has to quit his job to practice every single day...if they can't make money at it, it is irresponsible to continue to do so.

Old
  (#8)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2014, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post

The rest of us do..
Because people that become the best in the world at something have to dedicate there lives to playing. That's hard to do and hold a full time job. You think tiger woods would have been as great if he played two hours three says a week.

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#9)
Lbkcuekid
AzB Silver Member
Lbkcuekid has a reputation beyond reputeLbkcuekid has a reputation beyond reputeLbkcuekid has a reputation beyond reputeLbkcuekid has a reputation beyond reputeLbkcuekid has a reputation beyond reputeLbkcuekid has a reputation beyond reputeLbkcuekid has a reputation beyond reputeLbkcuekid has a reputation beyond reputeLbkcuekid has a reputation beyond reputeLbkcuekid has a reputation beyond reputeLbkcuekid has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2014, 08:07 AM

A friend of mine used to run around with Keith way back and said he was a wonder to watch. He also said after Johnston City Keith just kind of quit and said there was nothing else to do. He also tole me Keith is now retired but sometimes picks up a cue just for fun and that he still shots pretty well for not having played much in the last 40+ years. I hope Skyler does not get burned out and hope he learns all the disciplines of the game and becomes a true champion in the long haul like Efren or Earl and Shane and many other pros.

60" Woody Woodworth
RAT custom sneaky pete
Robertson Custom Jump cue

JB J. Flowers Case 2x4
JB Rugged 4x8

"Thats a good shot, if you don't like money"-Cue Ball Paul
"There are 2 types of people in a pool hall, the suckers and the sucker f*ckers"

Old
  (#10)
peteypooldude
I see Edges
peteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
That does not mean they won't play the game. Money is something you look at when your already a great player

"I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a more intellegent statement than this one." - Unknown

"'i didnt shoot bad the table beat me' - Did the table miscue for you too?" - JCIN

"My game will be your teacher." - CJ Wiley
AKA-Body-Lock

Old
  (#11)
WardS
AzB Silver Member
WardS has a reputation beyond reputeWardS has a reputation beyond reputeWardS has a reputation beyond reputeWardS has a reputation beyond reputeWardS has a reputation beyond reputeWardS has a reputation beyond reputeWardS has a reputation beyond reputeWardS has a reputation beyond reputeWardS has a reputation beyond reputeWardS has a reputation beyond reputeWardS has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2014, 09:37 AM

JWM

I couldn't believe how good Keith played snooker or nine ball either.

Later

Old
  (#12)
JAM
AzB Silver Member
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

10-15-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM View Post
Great post, John, and I agree. It is kind of cool to see the new kids on the block shining brightly. Sklyer is the real deal!
Some folks are making potshots at others who are fans of Sky's, like it's a recent happening. Well, I did recognize his greatness before this Open.

Old
  (#13)
Bank it
Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Bank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond repute

10-15-2014, 01:43 PM

I think he is a very talented young player. I also think he needs a bit more seasoning on the big tracks for him to come into his own.

Old
  (#14)
JAM
AzB Silver Member

10-15-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank it View Post
I think he is a very talented young player. I also think he needs a bit more seasoning on the big tracks for him to come into his own.
First post. Welcome to the forum. LOL

Old
  (#15)
Bank it
Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Bank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond repute

10-15-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM View Post
First post. Welcome to the forum. LOL
Thank you

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: