Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Wanted/For Sale > For Sale Items
Reload this Page <<<SCAMMER ALERT!! Josh Abernathy<<<
Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
<<<SCAMMER ALERT!! Josh Abernathy<<<
Old
  (#1)
Bamacues
AzB Silver Member

Bamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5300

<<<SCAMMER ALERT!! Josh Abernathy<<< - 10-03-2014, 12:43 PM

I want to alert the AZB community to a scam that just happened to us on Facebook by a Josh Abernathy of Hartselle, AL. He changed his Facebook ID to Josh Smabernakie......

Josh Abernathy
207 College St NW, Apt D
Hartselle, AL 35640

We agreed to a trade of our Jim Pierce cue seen here for a 1999 Andy Gilbert cue, seen just below the Pierce. We have signature confirmation that Josh Abernathy signed for our cue. Today, we received the package from Josh Abernathy. It contained 2 dowels, not the Andy Gilbert.

My son is an Internet Security expert for a major law firm in Washington, DC. We have called the Rockville, MD police, and we are in the process of contacting the USPS Postal Inspector for our region.

Rest assured that we will not lay down on this.

Don't get shafted by this scammer. If anyone knows Josh Abernathy of Hartselle, AL, please let him know that we will be looking for him.

Alabama is my home. I won't forget what he did.

Joe

Cue we shipped Josh Abernathy:
[IMG][/IMG]

Cue Josh Abernathy promised:

[IMG][/IMG]
What we received:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Playing Cue: Barnhart

Last edited by Bamacues; 10-03-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Old
  (#2)
fastone371
AzB Silver Member
fastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-03-2014, 12:54 PM

I hope he is caught by someone seeking retribution because the law will most likely not do much to teach him a lesson here.

Old
  (#3)
CueAddict81
AzB Silver Member
CueAddict81 has a reputation beyond reputeCueAddict81 has a reputation beyond reputeCueAddict81 has a reputation beyond reputeCueAddict81 has a reputation beyond reputeCueAddict81 has a reputation beyond reputeCueAddict81 has a reputation beyond reputeCueAddict81 has a reputation beyond reputeCueAddict81 has a reputation beyond reputeCueAddict81 has a reputation beyond reputeCueAddict81 has a reputation beyond reputeCueAddict81 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-03-2014, 12:55 PM

I think he stole from billiardbills also. He's going to get what's coming to him sooner or later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel
214-288-0766

<<<SCAMMER ALERT!! Josh Abernathy<<<
Old
  (#4)
Billiardbills
Billiard Bill
Billiardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardbills has a reputation beyond repute

<<<SCAMMER ALERT!! Josh Abernathy<<< - 10-03-2014, 01:08 PM

Yes. Got me the exact same way the exact same time.

Below is my AE cue is sent him and his JossWest that was supposed to be for me.

He pm'd and friended me and we had conversations for a month and a half REGULARLY. He even spoke of scammers and the bull**** it was.

He provided insured tracking receipts as well as a standard receipt and I shipped later.

I do have FOUR individuals VERY close to his location that are "looking for the cues" as well.

If you see or know of any information please contact me below or Bama Cues.

There is a reward for MY Artistic Engineering cue. I'll pay $200 to anyone that can "acquire" it.

Thank you,

Bill
Billiard Bill's
www.billiardbills.com
Billiardbills@gmail.com

MY CUE

HIS CUE

SUPPOSEDLY HAD THE BUTT CAP REPLACED WITH AN IVORY BUTT CAP BY WOODY WOODWORTH.

www.billiardbills.com
billiardbills@gmail.com
239.823.0408 call or text

Under promise and over deliver...

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so...
-Mark Twain

Old
  (#5)
takeitdown
Banned
takeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2014, 01:26 PM

Know that you can sue him in small claims court. Perhaps in your local town court since you exchanged property and you are an established business owner. It costs under 10 bucks typically to file. No lawyers needed. You only have to have a preponderance of evidence or a more believable version of truth to win. If other party doesn't come to court you win. No delays just get a ruling.

I hope you can get criminal charges but that's much harder to do. Contact District Attorney in his area and see if you can get a prosecutor and police to take notice. Tell cops you want to file a statement even if they try to blow you off. Being a squeaky wheel can get them going.

Good luck.

Old
  (#6)
takeitdown
Banned
takeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond reputetakeitdown has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiardbills View Post
Yes. Got me the exact same way the exact same time.

Below is my AE cue is sent him and his JossWest that was supposed to be for me.

He pm'd and friended me and we had conversations for a month and a half REGULARLY. He even spoke of scammers and the bull**** it was.

He provided insured tracking receipts as well as a standard receipt and I shipped later.

I do have FOUR individuals VERY close to his location that are "looking for the cues" as well.

If you see or know of any information please contact me below or Bama Cues.

There is a reward for MY Artistic Engineering cue. I'll pay $200 to anyone that can "acquire" it.

Thank you,

Bill
Billiard Bill's
www.billiardbills.com
Billiardbills@gmail.com

MY CUE

HIS CUE

SUPPOSEDLY HAD THE BUTT CAP REPLACED WITH AN IVORY BUTT CAP BY WOODY WOODWORTH.

Not sure but a JW was on Ebay in past years months with replaced buttcap and had the original beside it. He probably never had the cue and used ebay photos.

Everyone should escrow or demand the other guy ship first. What an Ahole.

Old
  (#7)
ribdoner
SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
ribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4300

10-03-2014, 01:42 PM

i'd be dubious of anyone who offered me the depicted jw for the subject ae

in the final analysis i'd always have the traders cue in hand prior to shipping mine unless an established trading/selling history was in place

seems like my ol friend Greg Howard also had a bad deal with a scumbag that was in the same area

same scumbag, differant handle??

the truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

Old
  (#8)
Baron
AzB Silver Member
Baron has a reputation beyond reputeBaron has a reputation beyond reputeBaron has a reputation beyond reputeBaron has a reputation beyond reputeBaron has a reputation beyond reputeBaron has a reputation beyond reputeBaron has a reputation beyond reputeBaron has a reputation beyond reputeBaron has a reputation beyond reputeBaron has a reputation beyond reputeBaron has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2014, 01:44 PM

^^I think the photo of the Gilbert was lifted from someone else's listing as well, as I think I know who actually owns that cue at this time.

If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Old
  (#9)
albu
AzB Silver Member
albu has a reputation beyond reputealbu has a reputation beyond reputealbu has a reputation beyond reputealbu has a reputation beyond reputealbu has a reputation beyond reputealbu has a reputation beyond reputealbu has a reputation beyond reputealbu has a reputation beyond reputealbu has a reputation beyond reputealbu has a reputation beyond reputealbu has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2014, 01:50 PM

what a POS....

Play:Mobley
Break:Mobley
Jump:Mobley

Others:a few

Looking for: Mobleys offcourse

Old
  (#10)
Johnny Rosato
AzB Silver Member
Johnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2014, 02:00 PM

Hi Joe,sorry to hear about this rip off.I live in Birmingham and will be on the lookout for these cues and this guy.I'll pass along info from this thread to some places I play at.He is still on FB as Josh Abernathy.I wish the best for all y'all...Johnny Rosato-B'ham

Old
  (#11)
Allen Brown
Pool Whale
Allen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2twoball View Post
Hi Joe,sorry to hear about this rip off.I live in Birmingham and will be on the lookout for these cues and this guy.I'll pass along info from this thread to some places I play at.He is still on FB as Josh Abernathy.I wish the best for all y'all...Johnny Rosato-B'ham
I posted a photo from a FB page but removed it. Will post again when his identity is confirmed.

Last edited by Allen Brown; 10-03-2014 at 03:21 PM.

Old
  (#12)
Bamacues
AzB Silver Member

Bamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5300

10-03-2014, 02:08 PM

Thanks for all the heads-ups and PMs, guys.

FWIW, we have filed a report with the USPS Postal Inspector in our area, as well as a fraud/theft report with the Hartselle, AL police department.

All my brother Alabama friends, and all others, spread the word on this guy and the cues. If you see him/them anywhere, you can contact the Hartselle PD.

At least, lets try to stop him from ripping off any other pool players or dealing stolen cues to an unaware player.

Trust me, folks. I am part bulldog. I won't let go of this.

Thanks..sorry for breaking the bump rule,
Joe

Playing Cue: Barnhart

Last edited by Bamacues; 10-03-2014 at 02:14 PM.

Old
  (#13)
pogmothoin
AzB Gold Member
pogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Brown View Post
Here is his FB photo.
A word of caution to anyone seeking the man in the picture. It may or may not be him. Think about it. If you were using a site to rip people off would you post a real picture of yourself?

I'd hate to see an innocent person be set upon because the original scumbag posted a phony pic. Any doubts? Just call the cops.

Old
  (#14)
Allen Brown
Pool Whale
Allen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogmothoin View Post
A word of caution to anyone seeking the man in the picture. It may or may not be him. Think about it. If you were using a site to rip people off would you post a real picture of yourself?

I'd hate to see an innocent person be set upon because the original scumbag posted a phony pic. Any doubts? Just call the cops.
I was thinking about that as well. His photo on the messages he sent to Bill is different from this one. I live very close to the return address and have never seen or heard of Josh Abernathy.

As far as me being the original scumbag......that's out by a long shot. I use my real name to post on here and have no FB account. There are several people here that know me personally.

Old
  (#15)
Hal
Beer Player
Hal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1900

10-03-2014, 03:23 PM

I'm in southern middle TN. If I see any of those cues for sale anywhere. I'll let y'all know.

Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: