Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page How about get yourself a job
Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 23 Last »
 
Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
How about get yourself a job
Old
  (#1)
phillyviper1
AzB Silver Member
phillyviper1 has a reputation beyond reputephillyviper1 has a reputation beyond reputephillyviper1 has a reputation beyond reputephillyviper1 has a reputation beyond reputephillyviper1 has a reputation beyond reputephillyviper1 has a reputation beyond reputephillyviper1 has a reputation beyond reputephillyviper1 has a reputation beyond reputephillyviper1 has a reputation beyond reputephillyviper1 has a reputation beyond reputephillyviper1 has a reputation beyond repute
 
phillyviper1's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,996
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: philly
   
How about get yourself a job - 09-09-2015, 04:11 PM

Ok so there is abviously gonna be a big thrashing here against me but I really don't care. I just don't understand how pool players devote all there time to pool and believe they are so good, but yet they have zero money. They even go as far as posting threads looking for people to put the in tournaments, or money games. Am I missing something? If they play so good and pool is all they do, why do they need a stake horse or someone to put them in a tournament. It just makes no sense and it's kind of embarrassing if you ask me. So why are all these so called great players dead broke? And is it even worth trying to become a great player of being broke is your fate. I say get yourself a job and stop begging for sponsors and stake horses. I my self work 60 hours a week and I play pool maybe twice a week and I have never needed a stake horse or anyone to put me in a tournament, I gamble a lot and I lose more often then I win for sure and I always have money. I talk a lot of shit and if I make a game I play it, I don't travel I only play in philly area but I play almost every single person that comes threw and I take the worst of it all the time just because I wanna play and regardless if I win or lose, I still have money. BECAUAE I HAVE A JOB. So if more players get a job then there will be more money in pool instead of great players with no money to play always looking to steal or need stake horses. So if I'm wrong for pointing this out so be it. I just think it's sad that most top players are broke. And pool is never going to get anywhere if it continues like this.


I need new HATER'S. The old one's are starting to like me...

The truth is a hard pill to swallow..................

Get a job ::: Or stay broke, don't ask me for money
  
Reply With Quote

Old
  (#2)
3andstop
Focus
3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute
 
3andstop's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 4,122
vCash: 500
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Join Date: Feb 2007
   
09-09-2015, 04:44 PM

Ok , you figured on some thrashing .... I'll do some thrashing ..... One word ..... Paragraphs!

Here's what it looked like ......


Ok so there is abviously gonna be a big thrashing here against me but I really don't care. I just don't understand how pool players devote all there time to pool and believe they are so good, but yet they have zero money. They even go as far as posting threads looking for people to put the in tournaments, or money games. Am I missing something? If they play so good and pool is all they do, why do they need a stake horse or someone to put them in a tournament. It just makes no sense and it's kind of embarrassing if you ask me. So why are all these so called great players dead broke? And is it even worth trying to become a great player of being broke is your fate. I say get yourself a job and stop begging for sponsors and stake horses. I my self work 60 hours a week and I play pool maybe twice a week and I have never needed a stake horse or anyone to put me in a tournament, I gamble a lot and I lose more often then I win for sure and I always have money. I talk a lot of shit and if I make a game I play it, I don't travel I only play in philly area but I play almost every single person that comes threw and I take the worst of it all the time just because I wanna play and regardless if I win or lose, I still have money. BECAUAE I HAVE A JOB. So if more players get a job then there will be more money in pool instead of great players with no money to play always looking to steal or need stake horses. So if I'm wrong for pointing this out so be it. I just think it's sad that most top players are broke. And pool is never going to get anywhere if it continues like this.


And here's what it should have looked like ....


Ok so there is abviously gonna be a big thrashing here against me but I really don't care. I just don't understand how pool players devote all there time to pool and believe they are so good, but yet they have zero money. They even go as far as posting threads looking for people to put the in tournaments, or money games.

Am I missing something? If they play so good and pool is all they do, why do they need a stake horse or someone to put them in a tournament. It just makes no sense and it's kind of embarrassing if you ask me. So why are all these so called great players dead broke?

And is it even worth trying to become a great player of being broke is your fate. I say get yourself a job and stop begging for sponsors and stake horses. I my self work 60 hours a week and I play pool maybe twice a week and I have never needed a stake horse or anyone to put me in a tournament,

I gamble a lot and I lose more often then I win for sure and I always have money. I talk a lot of shit and if I make a game I play it, I don't travel I only play in philly area but I play almost every single person that comes threw and I take the worst of it all the time just because I wanna play and regardless if I win or lose, I still have money. BECAUAE I HAVE A JOB.

So if more players get a job then there will be more money in pool instead of great players with no money to play always looking to steal or need stake horses. So if I'm wrong for pointing this out so be it. I just think it's sad that most top players are broke. And pool is never going to get anywhere if it continues like this.


I got a headache trying to read it .... I'm not even gonna say the "S" word.


... oh, did you mean thrashing about the subject of the post .... hey, it's their life.


"If ya knew what you didn't know, you wouldn't not know it." Danny DiLiberto.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
Frankenstroke
2 Gus Szamboti cues

Frankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond repute
 
Frankenstroke's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 829
vCash: 500
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: NW Indiana
   
09-09-2015, 04:54 PM

How about going to school before you get a job. Learn how to compose a letter and
SPELL.


"Game not in paddle. Game in you."
Balls of Fury (2007)
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Online
Posts: 7,419
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 45 / 100%
Blog Entries: 2
Join Date: Mar 2008
   
09-09-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3andstop View Post
Ok , you figured on some thrashing .... I'll do some thrashing ..... One word ..... Paragraphs!

Here's what it looked like ......


Ok so there is abviously gonna be a big thrashing here against me but I really don't care. I just don't understand how pool players devote all there time to pool and believe they are so good, but yet they have zero money. They even go as far as posting threads looking for people to put the in tournaments, or money games. Am I missing something? If they play so good and pool is all they do, why do they need a stake horse or someone to put them in a tournament. It just makes no sense and it's kind of embarrassing if you ask me. So why are all these so called great players dead broke? And is it even worth trying to become a great player of being broke is your fate. I say get yourself a job and stop begging for sponsors and stake horses. I my self work 60 hours a week and I play pool maybe twice a week and I have never needed a stake horse or anyone to put me in a tournament, I gamble a lot and I lose more often then I win for sure and I always have money. I talk a lot of shit and if I make a game I play it, I don't travel I only play in philly area but I play almost every single person that comes threw and I take the worst of it all the time just because I wanna play and regardless if I win or lose, I still have money. BECAUAE I HAVE A JOB. So if more players get a job then there will be more money in pool instead of great players with no money to play always looking to steal or need stake horses. So if I'm wrong for pointing this out so be it. I just think it's sad that most top players are broke. And pool is never going to get anywhere if it continues like this.


And here's what it should have looked like ....


Ok so there is abviously gonna be a big thrashing here against me but I really don't care. I just don't understand how pool players devote all there time to pool and believe they are so good, but yet they have zero money. They even go as far as posting threads looking for people to put the in tournaments, or money games.

Am I missing something? If they play so good and pool is all they do, why do they need a stake horse or someone to put them in a tournament. It just makes no sense and it's kind of embarrassing if you ask me. So why are all these so called great players dead broke?

And is it even worth trying to become a great player of being broke is your fate. I say get yourself a job and stop begging for sponsors and stake horses. I my self work 60 hours a week and I play pool maybe twice a week and I have never needed a stake horse or anyone to put me in a tournament,

I gamble a lot and I lose more often then I win for sure and I always have money. I talk a lot of shit and if I make a game I play it, I don't travel I only play in philly area but I play almost every single person that comes threw and I take the worst of it all the time just because I wanna play and regardless if I win or lose, I still have money. BECAUAE I HAVE A JOB.

So if more players get a job then there will be more money in pool instead of great players with no money to play always looking to steal or need stake horses. So if I'm wrong for pointing this out so be it. I just think it's sad that most top players are broke. And pool is never going to get anywhere if it continues like this.


I got a headache trying to read it .... I'm not even gonna say the "S" word.


... oh, did you mean thrashing about the subject of the post .... hey, it's their life.
yes your thrashing is SPACING/PARAGRAPHS
re do your post and ill read it and tell you my opinion...
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#5)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute
 
Texas Carom Club's Avatar
 
Status: Online
Posts: 12,294
vCash: 500
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Houston tx
   
09-09-2015, 04:57 PM

Look at what youve done
got the grammer police out in riot gear


3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
3andstop
Focus
3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute
 
3andstop's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 4,122
vCash: 500
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Join Date: Feb 2007
   
09-09-2015, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beneath_the_sur View Post
Look at what youve done
got the grammer police out in riot gear


LMAO .... That was very funny!


"If ya knew what you didn't know, you wouldn't not know it." Danny DiLiberto.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
phillyviper1
AzB Silver Member
phillyviper1 has a reputation beyond reputephillyviper1 has a reputation beyond reputephillyviper1 has a reputation beyond reputephillyviper1 has a reputation beyond reputephillyviper1 has a reputation beyond reputephillyviper1 has a reputation beyond reputephillyviper1 has a reputation beyond reputephillyviper1 has a reputation beyond reputephillyviper1 has a reputation beyond reputephillyviper1 has a reputation beyond reputephillyviper1 has a reputation beyond repute
 
phillyviper1's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,996
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: philly
   
09-09-2015, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beneath_the_sur View Post
Look at what youve done
got the grammer police out in riot gear
Hahaha. I don't have time for grammar, I'm to busy working. Most of all the guys chirping about grammar have all kinds of degrees but there all unemployed. Go figure.


I need new HATER'S. The old one's are starting to like me...

The truth is a hard pill to swallow..................

Get a job ::: Or stay broke, don't ask me for money
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8)
Straightpool_99
I see dead balls
Straightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond repute
 
Straightpool_99's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 4,030
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Blog Entries: 6
Join Date: Feb 2006
   
09-09-2015, 05:07 PM

I encourage anyone who can to get a job. Does wonders for your self esteem and character. If you have to be a beggar/thief/conman/poolplayer/beach bum etc..you'd better be a good one. If you are beggar, make a sign that makes us laugh or cry. If you are a thief, steal only high priced objects from people who deserve to be robbed. If you are a beach bum, make us jealous of your free lifestyle and confuse us with vague and mangled philosofical quotes out of context. And if you are a pool player: Be entertaining and make people line up to throw their money at you!
Attached Images
 
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#9)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 14,213
vCash: 500
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Join Date: Oct 2005
   
09-09-2015, 05:12 PM

Unfortunamente, there are some primo pool players pissing their money away at the casinos rather than saving some dough and setting themselves up for the future.

Lou Figueroa
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#10)
3andstop
Focus
3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute
 
3andstop's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 4,122
vCash: 500
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Join Date: Feb 2007
   
09-09-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyviper1 View Post
Hahaha. I don't have time for grammar, I'm to busy working. Most of all the guys chirping about grammar have all kinds of degrees but there all unemployed. Go figure.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7pYWvB9fEg


"If ya knew what you didn't know, you wouldn't not know it." Danny DiLiberto.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#11)
lost
AzB Silver Member
lost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 830
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Mar 2014
   
09-09-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyviper1 View Post
Hahaha. I don't have time for grammar, I'm to busy working. Most of all the guys chirping about grammar have all kinds of degrees but there all unemployed. Go figure.
I actually agree with you. I'd be much more inclined to "back" a player who had a real job. Was paying his own bills, but things are really tight after everyday living expenses and would like to take a flyer at a tournament.
That's actually what I was wondering about in the recent thread asking for money. Does that guy have a job? If not...well same old same old. Not like pool was any different 40 years ago or any significant length of time in between.
A handful of guys making an average living really, is an exception...not a trend.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#12)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute
 
Texas Carom Club's Avatar
 
Status: Online
Posts: 12,294
vCash: 500
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Houston tx
   
09-09-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyviper1 View Post
Hahaha. I don't have time for grammar, I'm to busy working. Most of all the guys chirping about grammar have all kinds of degrees but there all unemployed. Go figure.
No im the same way
who the hell gives a shit about how i type on forums
its not for a job
I have no reason to make capital letters at the beggining and a period at the end
its pointless to me
if it bothers someone so much theres ignore


3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#13)
asbani
AzB Silver Member
asbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,824
vCash: 498
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Join Date: Aug 2007
   
09-09-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyviper1 View Post
Ok so there is abviously gonna be a big thrashing here against me but I really don't care. I just don't understand how pool players devote all there time to pool and believe they are so good, but yet they have zero money. They even go as far as posting threads looking for people to put the in tournaments, or money games. Am I missing something? If they play so good and pool is all they do, why do they need a stake horse or someone to put them in a tournament. It just makes no sense and it's kind of embarrassing if you ask me. So why are all these so called great players dead broke? And is it even worth trying to become a great player of being broke is your fate. I say get yourself a job and stop begging for sponsors and stake horses. I my self work 60 hours a week and I play pool maybe twice a week and I have never needed a stake horse or anyone to put me in a tournament, I gamble a lot and I lose more often then I win for sure and I always have money. I talk a lot of shit and if I make a game I play it, I don't travel I only play in philly area but I play almost every single person that comes threw and I take the worst of it all the time just because I wanna play and regardless if I win or lose, I still have money. BECAUAE I HAVE A JOB. So if more players get a job then there will be more money in pool instead of great players with no money to play always looking to steal or need stake horses. So if I'm wrong for pointing this out so be it. I just think it's sad that most top players are broke. And pool is never going to get anywhere if it continues like this.
The issue isn't with the players, the issue is with the pool industry, it is bankrupt and has no money like other sports, for example a decent player that doesn't do so good on tennis, will earn more than the #1 pool player, doesn't this make you laugh?

Now as to why they don't get jobs, let me explain it to you, I am a worker just like you, and I play pool as a part time because it's just a hubby and I accepted it to be only a hubby and nothing more, and I work everyday, this resulted in me not being able to attend big tournaments that are far away, why? Because I can't get time off work, but I accepted that.

For example all of my friends are now in Doha playing the qualifier matches to get into stage 2 qatar world championships, and I couldn't go with them, why? because I can't get time off work, and pool remained a hubby of which I play once or twice a week.

I hope that answered your question about the players who wanted to take pool more seriously but have no money, and my hats are off to them because it's a suicidal choice due to my #1 point on this post, POOL HAS NO MONEY.

And why doesn't it have money? I think I know, but it will open up another discussion and needs so many paragraphs to explain, which I am not in the mood to do right now.

Sorry for the bad English, it's not my first language.

Last edited by asbani; 09-09-2015 at 05:31 PM.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#14)
Tramp Steamer
One Pocket enthusiast.
Tramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond repute
 
Tramp Steamer's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 6,563
vCash: 500
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Join Date: Nov 2009
   
09-09-2015, 05:29 PM

Since your writing skills are so poor we must assume that your speaking skills are not much better. If that be the case then we must also assume that the job you get will doubtless be commensurate with those two failures.
As Dean Vernon Wormer, once said: "Fat, drunk,and stupid is no way to go through life, son."


Steamer Cue Sports Ltd. Purveyor of two fine quality cues, the Miracle, and the Wonder. Our motto says it all: "If it's a good cue, it's a Wonder." "If it's a straight cue, it's a Miracle."

I am a member in good standing in the Lock Society as: Tramp Lock.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#15)
Zphix
AzB Silver Member
Zphix has a reputation beyond reputeZphix has a reputation beyond reputeZphix has a reputation beyond reputeZphix has a reputation beyond reputeZphix has a reputation beyond reputeZphix has a reputation beyond reputeZphix has a reputation beyond reputeZphix has a reputation beyond reputeZphix has a reputation beyond reputeZphix has a reputation beyond reputeZphix has a reputation beyond repute
 
Zphix's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Chicago.
   
09-09-2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramp Steamer View Post
Since your writing skills are so poor we must assume that your speaking skills are not much better. If that be the case then we must also assume that the job you get will doubtless be commensurate with those two failures.
As Dean Vernon Wormer, once said: "Fat, drunk,and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
You expect him to understand commensurate based on your analysis of him lol.

OP,

No S**t. As if this topic hasn't been beaten to death already.


Player: Klapp Sneaky, OB EMW176.
Breaker: OB Rift.
Jumper: Jacoby.
  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 23 Last »

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.