Opened a couple irc channel

ed2000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i open a couple irc channels on efnet...... #azbilliards and #pocketbilliards come join in on the fun..would like to get enough ppl there so ppl could get live help / Q & A and posting of live streams and action,,if you never used irc you can install mirc or icechat then connect to the efnet server and then type /join #azbilliards or /join #pocketbilliards or both thanks guys.

Updated with web Links.....

for the people that dont want to install mirc or any irc client you guys can uses these links.

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.efnet.org/?&theme=basic#AZBilliards <--- for AZBilliards

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.efnet.org/?&theme=basic#PocketBilliards <--- PocketBilliards

Last edited:

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you heard of Slack? Looks like there's interest in a more real-time platform... Send me a PM of your email address and I can send you an invite to billiards.slack.com...

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Next thing you know -- you'll be telling us we can have free voice chats using the Internet but it will probably be half duplex.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ps there still alot of hidden goodies on irc ppl dont know about :)

I haven't been on IRC in ages, but yes, lots of good stuff can be found floating around there, I'll see you over there if I can still remember how to get there. ha ha

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah I remember IRC (Internet Relay Chat)... Probably one of the first global real-time chat networks. However, it does require some technical savvy to set up and get on... With Slack and a plethora of other social/community/chat apps these days, they are much more rich in features and easy to use IMO.

ed2000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't been on IRC in ages, but yes, lots of good stuff can be found floating around there, I'll see you over there if I can still remember how to get there. ha ha

thank you for coming Cardigan Kid ppl like u would be great for the channel sir

erriep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i open a couple irc channels on efnet...... #azbilliards and #pocketbilliards come join in on the fun..would like to get enough ppl there so ppl could get live help / Q & A and posting of live streams and action,,if you never used irc you can install mirc or icechat then connect to the efnet server and then type /join #azbilliards or /join #pocketbilliards or both thanks guys

will join . Thanks in advance for my +a status :->

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
i open a couple irc channels on efnet...... #azbilliards and #pocketbilliards come join in on the fun..would like to get enough ppl there so ppl could get live help / Q & A and posting of live streams and action,,if you never used irc you can install mirc or icechat then connect to the efnet server and then type /join #azbilliards or /join #pocketbilliards or both thanks guys

Lol, 1995 called

Aren't Amish people using this now? that program was around before electricity

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Do you think AZB is missing out by not having chat? If so, there are plug-ins available for vbulletin to add this feature to AZB.

beerpressure

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will check out the channel tonight. I've been on Irc since 1997.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Do you think AZB is missing out by not having chat? If so, there are plug-ins available for vbulletin to add this feature to AZB.

I could be remembering incorrectly but I seem to recall that AzB had a chat room of some type at one point. Nobody ever used it. It was a ghost town.

ed2000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
update

i posted a couple web links for people that don't want to install mirc or any irc client..thank you