Reload this Page Efren pointing to where CB was supposed to be
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Efren pointing to where CB was supposed to be
Old
  (#1)
michael4
AzB Silver Member
michael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Efren pointing to where CB was supposed to be - 02-27-2017, 12:14 PM

Sorry if this has been talked about before, but many times I see Efren point to, or tap the table with his cue, where the CB was supposed to end up. (He is not the only one who does this)

Maybe its just me, but I'm not a fan of that practice. I know he is just a little frustrated with his own shot, but to me it seems a little like complaining. I dont see the need for it.

Old
  (#2)
fastone371
AzB Silver Member
fastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-27-2017, 12:19 PM

You are probably correct that they do it out of frustration. I have a guy on my team that does it seemingly on every shot. I suggested to him that maybe he should point at his spot with his cue before he shoots rather than after.

Old
  (#3)
td873
BCA PCA ABA
td873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond reputetd873 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1000

02-27-2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael4 View Post
Sorry if this has been talked about before, but many times I see [posters start threads about random things ].

Maybe its just me, but I'm not a fan of that practice. I know he is just a little frustrated with [something] but to me it seems a little like complaining. I dont see the need for it.
There. Fixed it to address the irony.

-td

Black + Gilbert J/B
Justis
9' GC I/II [Diamond Specs] [Littman light]
Simonis HR [Tournament blue]
Aramith Pro Cup TV / Cyclop

Old
  (#4)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-27-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastone371 View Post
You are probably correct that they do it out of frustration. I have a guy on my team that does it seemingly on every shot. I suggested to him that maybe he should point at his spot with his cue before he shoots rather than after.
I feel it does help me to focus on position by pointing to where I want the cue ball to go. In case my position is working well it's also a strong psychological move.

As for the after thing, I don't mind it. Sometimes I'm asking myself, "Where on Earth did he want to go?" The pointing answers my question. I don't think of it as complaining. I think it's more like, "Well, that's how bad I hit it."

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#5)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

02-27-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Sorry if this has been talked about before, but many times I see Efren point to, or tap the table with his cue, where the CB was supposed to end up. (He is not the only one who does this)

Maybe its just me, but I'm not a fan of that practice. I know he is just a little frustrated with his own shot, but to me it seems a little like complaining. I dont see the need for it.
Match up with him in one pocket with a rule he can't tap the table with his cue and let us know how it works out for you.

Old
  (#6)
GideonF
AzB Silver Member
GideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond repute

02-27-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
I feel it does help me to focus on position by pointing to where I want the cue ball to go. In case my position is working well it's also a strong psychological move.

As for the after thing, I don't mind it. Sometimes I'm asking myself, "Where on Earth did he want to go?" The pointing answers my question. I don't think of it as complaining. I think it's more like, "Well, that's how bad I hit it."
In my case, pointing to a spot before I shoot would only confirm to my opponent what he already suspects - that I have no idea where the CB is going - so I'd rather he think I intended to play into the side pocket and not know that I ran two feet long from my plan to play in the corner.

Although, on second thought, knowing that your opponent is missing his shape that badly and still getting on the ball might put someone on tilt too, so maybe I should try it!

Regards,

Gideon

“The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.” Hugh Keough.

Old
  (#7)
trinacria
in efren we trust
trinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond repute

02-27-2017, 01:25 PM

Most of the stupid things I do is out of embarrassment for shooting a terrible shot and try to play it off like I know what I'm doing. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

" love this game. its the hardest game in the world, its a beautiful game and when played right, it can be poetic, artistic." me.

If you need an aiming system, you have no natural talent for the game. Sorry.

Well
Old
  (#8)
Ak Guy
AzB Silver Member
Ak Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Well - 02-27-2017, 01:33 PM

Pool players have to have an outlet for emotions during a game. Pointing to where you wanted the cue ball to go and scratching his head is what Efren has always done.

Some take deep breaths, frown, smile, slam the chalk and tap their cue on the table.

They are humans with emotions trying to get rid of stress and showing frustration.

Old
  (#9)
louieatienza
AzB Silver Member
louieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond repute

02-27-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:

I'd say the majority of the time Efren does this, he's almost laughing at how he missed position. I do the opposite - I seemingly get great position, but the OB rattles in the jaws... and I point at the pocket...

Old
  (#10)
ChicagoRJ
Banned
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

02-27-2017, 01:43 PM

Yeah, I have a good friend and back to back IL state winner that does this.

And yeah, it gets old quickly when we are playing. He does it and then gives me a look like see, this is were I wanted it so I can run out on you.

I just smile back and say," nobody cares, fuggin shoot already "

He's since moved back to Switzerland and now he's annoying folks in Europe

Old
  (#11)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

02-27-2017, 01:46 PM

Efren can do whatever the hell he wants

Old
  (#12)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
02-27-2017, 01:54 PM

Efren can do whatever the hell he wants.

So keep your nose clean keep it on a shoe string
With no opposing no undue disclosing
Nothing stale nothing old or decomposing
Nothing empty nothing bold or over knowing
Nothing more than tasteful reconstruction
Of the plot that edifies all our instructions
It's on the goodness of our dime that you can function

Old
  (#13)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

02-27-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Efren can do whatever the hell he wants.
Is there an echo in here?
http://www.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/f546...0-52d7900c7411

Old
  (#14)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

02-27-2017, 02:29 PM

Because he's human and shows emotion . Maybe you should watch robots play so you won't be as bothered by the human condition

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Thank You!
Old
  (#15)
King T
AzB Silver Member
King T has a reputation beyond reputeKing T has a reputation beyond reputeKing T has a reputation beyond reputeKing T has a reputation beyond reputeKing T has a reputation beyond reputeKing T has a reputation beyond reputeKing T has a reputation beyond reputeKing T has a reputation beyond reputeKing T has a reputation beyond reputeKing T has a reputation beyond reputeKing T has a reputation beyond repute

Thank You! - 02-27-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
Efren can do whatever the hell he wants
First of all he doesn't miss enough for it to matter, when he does miss he'll recover and run out our shoot a safety and control the table and as already said...,

Efren can do whatever the hell he wants!

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: