Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page "twenty years from now, you'll be looking for a wooden shaft like a hen's tooth"
Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-18-2020, 10:01 AM

The only advantage I see is less risk of warping.

Old
  (#47)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

03-18-2020, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl View Post

Bingo you might be right, and respecting good wood shaft, they will not warp. I am in hot dry AZ with low RH, you have to protect Cue in the extreme heat.

I am not stopping for an hour to shop & leaving my Cue case in the car when it 120 DEGREES. That would be asking for warpage.

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#48)
8cree
AzB Silver Member

8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2020, 10:18 AM

I have only ever hit with one cf shaft, a Revo on a P3 butt at the Open last year, it was nice and felt ok but all I wanted was my cue stick. Older Joss butt with 314z shaft. Why? Because that's what I am used to and comfortable with.

It's a hard question to answer to the OP, but in my opinion, wood shafts will never go away.

Do y'all remember the triangle shaped wood shafts? Glad those didn't last long LOL

... behind every good man, there's a woman rolling her eyes

Old
  (#49)
trinacria
in efren we trust
trinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
I have no clue what that means. If those old cues are so great how come NO top players use them? They look cool and that's it. They play fine but not any better than a good $250-300 cue you can buy now. I'd take a 400-500buck Mezz any day of the week.
top players are sponsored that's why dummy. and I know several A and open players who use them. two guys I play with occasionally both have a titlist conversion by tascarella and another by Michael morgan. most guys who own one use it as their main player. wonder why. they must be shit and mezz is clearly superior. bc someone else said it is ofcourse, you didn't actually come to that conclusion on your own bc a broomstick feels the same to you. lol.

" love this game. its the hardest game in the world, its a beautiful game and when played right, it can be poetic, artistic." me.

If you need an aiming system, you have no natural talent for the game. Sorry.

Old
  (#50)
Charles Hartfield
AzB Silver Member
Charles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2020, 04:32 PM

I can’t answer the question for sure. As far as I go, my interest in getting a cf shaft has only to due with no warping, no dings and less maintenance. The playability has nothing to do with my interest.

another major advantage
Old
  (#51)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

another major advantage - 03-19-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl View Post

What I see as another major advantage is consistency. Buy two of the same CF shaft and the hit should be very very close to the same. Wood, not so much. One reason for the spliced wooden shafts was to use up all of the low quality shaft blanks.

Hu

Old
  (#52)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2020, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinacria View Post
top players are sponsored that's why dummy. and I know several A and open players who use them. two guys I play with occasionally both have a titlist conversion by tascarella and another by Michael morgan. most guys who own one use it as their main player. wonder why. they must be shit and mezz is clearly superior. bc someone else said it is ofcourse, you didn't actually come to that conclusion on your own bc a broomstick feels the same to you. lol.
No need to get personal and i'm no dummy. Keep drinkin' that classic cue kool-aid.

Old
  (#53)
Duane Remick
AzB Silver Member
Duane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-19-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
No need to get personal and i'm no dummy. Keep drinkin' that classic cue kool-aid.
Hey Ward,
"take it easy on the beaver

Duane Remick

Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: