Reload this Page railbirdsTV derby videos
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
railbirdsTV derby videos
Old
  (#1)
evergruven
AzB Silver Member

evergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

railbirdsTV derby videos - 03-30-2020, 04:39 AM

kevin ross and them do a nice job
a few I watched got sky woodward co-commentating
good stuff

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...M-YpJ19J89AFx3

A billiard table is that richest of metaphors,
by turns a theatre, an altar, touchstone, gauntlet,
ritual ground, a gunfighter's high noon, a refuge,
a verdant landscape for balls to scatter and rest in meaningful synchronicity,
a classroom, a karma dance, mirror of moods, a guide and trusted friend...

-- from grissim's "billiards"

Old
  (#2)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
03-30-2020, 05:29 AM

The commentary is horrible.

Matches are good, but those people have NO idea how to play pool. It is painful to hear the things they say.

So keep your nose clean keep it on a shoe string
With no opposing no undue disclosing
Nothing stale nothing old or decomposing
Nothing empty nothing bold or over knowing
Nothing more than tasteful reconstruction
Of the plot that edifies all our instructions
It's on the goodness of our dime that you can function

Old
  (#3)
AzB Silver Member
Cron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond repute

03-30-2020, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergruven View Post
kevin ross and them do a nice job
a few I watched got sky woodward co-commentating
good stuff

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...M-YpJ19J89AFx3
Don't like the commentary., mute it.

I like both Ross's and how they take a stance, even against each other. After listening to Jeremy Jones enough and who ever he may be with, you may realize that Jones continuously plays numbers. Percentages aren't that important in commentary and more often than not turn off the listener, but a lot of pool commentary hinges to that.

For the commentary alone (in pool), I really like the women you hear during the women's tournaments. Not all of them are nice, some are too nice and they more often than not take an opinion. No matter who you like, I'll always think that it's worth going back 20 years and listening to those "gameday" commentators that were just in the dark. As half were entirely clueless, in that you heard some pretty creative suggestions you might not hear otherwise.

Golf is probably an example of how to do it all. In golf everyone wants to see good shots and the commentators leave the numbers alone, which lets you in a way just experience it. How many times have you've heard a Golf commentator suggest what they'd do themselves without irony.... maybe none.

Last edited by Cron; 03-30-2020 at 06:17 AM.

Old
  (#4)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

03-30-2020, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cron View Post

I like both Ross's and how they take a stance, even against each other. After listening to Jeremy Jones enough and who ever he may be with, you may realize that Jones continuously plays numbers. Percentages aren't that important in commentary and more often than not turn off the listener, but a lot of pool commentary hinges to that.

For the commentary alone (in pool), I really like the women you hear during the women's tournaments. Not all of them are nice, some are too nice and they more often than not take an opinion. No matter who you like, I'll always think that it's worth going back 20 years and listening to those "gameday" commentators that were just in the dark. As half were entirely clueless, in that you heard some pretty creative suggestions you might not hear otherwise.

Golf is probably an example of how to do it all. In golf everyone wants to see good shots and the commentators leave the numbers alone, which lets you in a way just experience it. How many times have you've heard a Golf commentator suggest what they'd do themselves without irony.... maybe none.
Dumber than a sack of hammers they are.

Old
  (#5)
evergruven
AzB Silver Member

evergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond repute

03-30-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post

Matches are good, but those people have NO idea how to play pool. It is painful to hear the things they say.
yo bb
interesting take
based on filler v. deuel and kiamco v. melling
I was inspired to post
I think kevin does a pretty good job myself
he's got a pleasant mic manner
stays on topic
and to me anyway, exhibits pool knowhow
I wonder what he said that makes you feel like he doesn't?
sky obviously knows the game
and it was neat to get his commentary on things

Old
  (#6)
evergruven
AzB Silver Member

03-30-2020, 07:59 AM

Quote:

hey cron
I like jj too
he really gets inside the game
I could see where some wouldn't dig his style
but you could say that about anybody really

who are the lady commentators you like?
I've only heard a few

interesting observation re: golf commentating
I know I've heard some, but not in awhile
will have to keep my eyes and ears open for them

Old
  (#7)
AzB Silver Member
Cron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond repute

03-30-2020, 08:51 AM

Quote:
I've only heard a few
All over. Ther women who own the venues (A lot on Railbirds) , historical pros (slews in WPBA matches), random advocates (Matches at Hard Times features many). They're all over Youtube, but listen to thier more inclusive approach.

Golf, while not alone, uses more verbs than verbiage. For instance in golf, instead of the commentator stating a whole bunch about what they'd personally do like "I'd use a low 60-degree wedge and make sure that I'd a accommodate for ...." and so on, they simply state "Looks like it's time to dig in." This has a huge advantage which is that the viewer is not required to know any specifics about the game in order to visualize what is about to happen.

Old
  (#8)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

03-30-2020, 10:48 AM

I watched filler v deuel.

There was a shot where commentator says shot is to thin the ob and run cb around behind other balls...

It was physically impossible to have ob go so far and cb go not so far.

Shooter did not shoot what buuba proposed.

Quote:
yo bb
interesting take
based on filler v. deuel and kiamco v. melling
I was inspired to post
I think kevin does a pretty good job myself
he's got a pleasant mic manner
stays on topic
and to me anyway, exhibits pool knowhow
I wonder what he said that makes you feel like he doesn't?
sky obviously knows the game
and it was neat to get his commentary on things

Old
  (#9)
evergruven
AzB Silver Member

03-30-2020, 11:05 AM

Quote:
I watched filler v deuel.

There was a shot where commentator says shot is to thin the ob and run cb around behind other balls...

It was physically impossible to have ob go so far and cb go not so far.

Shooter did not shoot what buuba proposed.
gotcha..well, can't win em all?
'preciate you checkin back tho..I'm learning!

Old
  (#10)
evergruven
AzB Silver Member

03-30-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
All over. Ther women who own the venues (A lot on Railbirds) , historical pros (slews in WPBA matches), random advocates (Matches at Hard Times features many). They're all over Youtube, but listen to thier more inclusive approach.

Golf, while not alone, uses more verbs than verbiage. For instance in golf, instead of the commentator stating a whole bunch about what they'd personally do like "I'd use a low 60-degree wedge and make sure that I'd a accommodate for ...." and so on, they simply state "Looks like it's time to dig in." This has a huge advantage which is that the viewer is not required to know any specifics about the game in order to visualize what is about to happen.
if I remember right, I heard a good one at one ladies event..teruko cuculelli, I think
other than that
I'm embarrassed to say I can't think of any gals I've heard that really rival the guys I like
if you recall any specific names or matches that feature quality female commentary
please let me know, and I'll check them out

I'll have to pay attention to golf commentary more
I think pool sometimes has really good commentary
with so many great storytellers in pool
players who are experienced and knowledgeable
there's potential for the commentary to be consistently good
I think a little coaching with the players would go a long way
honestly, pool might could use more straight up "play by play" types
commentators who know the rules and the equipment
are familiar with players' backgrounds, technical info., etc.
then just let the players loose with the color
but commentators in most other sports are getting paid
to be a good anything takes work
and good work should be compensated
and it works the other way, too..

Old
  (#11)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

03-30-2020, 07:34 PM

Quote:

I've only heard a few

interesting observation re: golf commentating
I know I've heard some, but not in awhile
will have to keep my eyes and ears open for them
I like to hear Mary Kennistonís voice sometimes....sheís got the creds and will not be
intimidated.

Some of the best commentating Iíve ever heard comes from golf.....
...when the Cornerman retires and joins JJ full time, Iíll like it.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#12)
JohnnyP
AzB Silver Member
JohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond repute

03-31-2020, 01:08 AM

Dave Hemah is good. This is a good one, Jon Morra vs Busty:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7exLXelW7k

Old
  (#13)
CaptainBly
AzB Gold Member
CaptainBly has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainBly has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainBly has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainBly has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainBly has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainBly has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainBly has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainBly has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainBly has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainBly has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainBly has a reputation beyond repute

03-31-2020, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
I like to hear Mary Kennistonís voice sometimes....sheís got the creds and will not be
intimidated.

Some of the best commentating Iíve ever heard comes from golf.....
...when the Cornerman retires and joins JJ full time, Iíll like it.
That would be my dream team of commentating.My two favorite current commentators.

Old
  (#14)
evergruven
AzB Silver Member

03-31-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBly View Post
That would be my dream team of commentating.My two favorite current commentators.
I also, would sweat the jj/cornerman combo.

thanks for the recos pt and johnny!

Old
  (#15)
Brookeland Bill
AzB Silver Member
Brookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond repute

03-31-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:

Itís true of most pool matches online.

Mezz
Olivier Sneaky Pete
Olivier Custom
Espirito
Jackson

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: