Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Viking Cues - early models - are they decent Cues.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Viking Cues - early models - are they decent Cues.
Old
  (#1)
PoolFan101
AzB Silver Member
PoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Viking Cues - early models - are they decent Cues. - 03-30-2020, 09:16 PM

Hello ,

For some reason I really like the Look of the old titlest Cues. The green veneers or Blue just seem to look really old school to me and has that classic look. Of Course those Cues seem to command a pretty high figure. The reason in this post I seen a Viking Cue from around the early 70's that has this look , just like a titlest Cue . The green veneers really pop and the Irish linen wrap is also green spec with the darker wood really looks nice. The Owner said it had been sent back to the factory for a new re-finish and it looks brand new and has 2 shafts . He is asking around 350 bux for it and I wonder what would the value on a old Viking cue be and are they worth anything . Is the early cues such as those sought after or were they dud's . Thanks

Old
  (#2)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

03-30-2020, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolFan101 View Post
Hello ,

For some reason I really like the Look of the old titlest Cues. The green veneers or Blue just seem to look really old school to me and has that classic look. Of Course those Cues seem to command a pretty high figure. The reason in this post I seen a Viking Cue from around the early 70's that has this look , just like a titlest Cue . The green veneers really pop and the Irish linen wrap is also green spec with the darker wood really looks nice. The Owner said it had been sent back to the factory for a new re-finish and it looks brand new and has 2 shafts . He is asking around 350 bux for it and I wonder what would the value on a old Viking cue be and are they worth anything . Is the early cues such as those sought after or were they dud's . Thanks
You keep asking the same questions, over and over.

The "hit" of a cue is subjective. I've hit with $5000 Southwest and Black Boar cues that I thought hit no better than some cheap cues.

Viking was one of the most popular cues back in that era. I never had one, but plenty of people did. I don't know if any of them were made with Titlist blanks back in the 70s, but ADAM Japan made a lot of Titlist cues back then and the colors of the veneers seemed to look a lot brighter and more colorful than the old Brunswick Titlist veneers.

I don't know if $350 is a good price, but for a good cue with 2 shafts that doesn't seem to be out of the question.

Are you looking for a cue to play with or just something that looks like an old "classic" cue.

Here is an old cue that you could get your cue repairman buddy to spruce up for you.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bru...kAAOSw69deeTpF

And another.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Willie-Hopp...YAAOSwW2tecHge

The Hustler

Such a man spends all his life playing every day for small stakes. Give him every morning the money that he may gain during the day, on condition that he does not play-you will make him unhappy. It will perhaps be said what he seeks is the amusement of play, not gain. Let him play then for nothing, he will lose interest and be wearied. ***Blaise Pascal***

Last edited by HawaiianEye; 03-30-2020 at 09:47 PM.

Old
  (#3)
mikemosconi
AzB Silver Member
mikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond repute

03-31-2020, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Hello ,

Questions on current market value of ANYTHING are simple to answer- if you or anyone else is willing to buy that cue for $350 today, then THAT is today's market value for that cue, period.If no one touches it while it is up for sale, then he lowers it to $300 and it sells- then $300 is MARKET value! Market value is whatever an item is currently selling for in an open market setting- no more complicated than that.It is never what somebody THINKS something is worth, what they wish it would sell for, or what they paid for something in the past, or what other people are asking for an item. Market price is current SELLING prices on AVERAGE for items of equivalency.

Older Vikings and 1980s Excaliburs that they also helped produce often have very good shafts that are true rock hard maple, stay relatively straight for decades, and play real well. Of course, not every older Viking will fit this description, so find out if the shafts are original- if so, if they are still straight and smooth, you probably have a very good cue at that price! Good Luck The qualities of old shaft wood that make many of them so cue worthy include the fact that they feel so hard to the touch that you may think they are stone not wood ( a slight exaggeration) - but at the same time they retain a high degree of flexibility RELATIVE to their hardness - the best of both worlds when it comes to actual play and durability, at the same time, they retain straightness,

Last edited by mikemosconi; 03-31-2020 at 05:35 AM.

Old
  (#4)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

03-31-2020, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Hello ,

No, they all sucked. Horrible cues. There, you can't quit worrying about them. Seriously, do you know anything about them??? Do a search.

Old
  (#5)
RiverCity
AzB Silver Member
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

03-31-2020, 06:37 AM

You guys seriously have not figured this one out yet? Cant be positive, but pretty sure.

Old
  (#6)
cueman
AzB Silver Member

cueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

03-31-2020, 07:53 AM

If it is indeed built with a Titleist blank and has Viking logo in clear ring I think the price is a very good deal.

Old
  (#7)
pocket
AzB Silver Member
pocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond repute

03-31-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCity View Post
You guys seriously have not figured this one out yet? Cant be positive, but pretty sure.
ding ding ding ding

Old
  (#8)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-31-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCity View Post
If it's a second account, mr wilson should be able to check it by IP, but yea sounds like someone else with a million questions about the same stuff. Although the type of cues is very different, it's not a bunch of cheap random eBay cues but about the same type of cue.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#9)
Johnny Rosato
AzB Silver Member
Johnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond repute

03-31-2020, 10:46 AM

Hmmm... JB386 ?

Old
  (#10)
PDX
AzB Silver Member
PDX has a reputation beyond reputePDX has a reputation beyond reputePDX has a reputation beyond reputePDX has a reputation beyond reputePDX has a reputation beyond reputePDX has a reputation beyond reputePDX has a reputation beyond reputePDX has a reputation beyond reputePDX has a reputation beyond reputePDX has a reputation beyond reputePDX has a reputation beyond repute

03-31-2020, 11:16 AM

Do the points look like this?

Patrick
Sowder Conversion
Huebler RH7
Brunswick by Palmer
Saul Rich
1981 Viking A450
A bunch of unknown sneakys

Old
  (#11)
PoolFan101
AzB Silver Member
PoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond repute

03-31-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hang-the-9 View Post
If it's a second account, mr wilson should be able to check it by IP, but yea sounds like someone else with a million questions about the same stuff. Although the type of cues is very different, it's not a bunch of cheap random eBay cues but about the same type of cue.

It is not a 2nd account , It Is me and a few can vouch that it is me on here. I like to discuss Cues , Gosh forbid we do that on a pool forum. Yes I like Balabushka cues , Adam Japan Cues , Titest Cues. Yes I over think them but I enjoy discussing them. I am at home most of the time , Found out I had Cancer at 42 , last year . I quit Playing 20 years ago and My Son got me back into Playing and we love Cues. I ask to many Questions but I enjoy the response and seeing Pic's and Learning . It takes my mind of my current Situation and if that bothers someone here I Apologize and will stop Asap. Thanks

Old
  (#12)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
03-31-2020, 12:01 PM

Quote:
It is not a 2nd account , It Is me and a few can vouch that it is me on here. I like to discuss Cues , Gosh forbid we do that on a pool forum. Yes I like Balabushka cues , Adam Japan Cues , Titest Cues. Yes I over think them but I enjoy discussing them. I am at home most of the time , Found out I had Cancer at 42 , last year . I quit Playing 20 years ago and My Son got me back into Playing and we love Cues. I ask to many Questions but I enjoy the response and seeing Pic's and Learning . It takes my mind of my current Situation and if that bothers someone here I Apologize and will stop Asap. Thanks
Don't sweat it. Just searc before posting, read up on what you find and then continue discussion in the appropriate thread.

Nobody is expected to know all the shit that's posted here, but it is easy to search and it does everyone good to have lots of info in one place.

So keep your nose clean keep it on a shoe string
With no opposing no undue disclosing
Nothing stale nothing old or decomposing
Nothing empty nothing bold or over knowing
Nothing more than tasteful reconstruction
Of the plot that edifies all our instructions
It's on the goodness of our dime that you can function

Old
  (#13)
jimmyco
NRA4Life

jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

03-31-2020, 06:05 PM

Do not worry about over-paying if it's something you want. Be worried about letting what you want slip away. That is what will haunt you.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#14)
raycharlesbrown
AzB Silver Member
raycharlesbrown has a reputation beyond reputeraycharlesbrown has a reputation beyond reputeraycharlesbrown has a reputation beyond reputeraycharlesbrown has a reputation beyond reputeraycharlesbrown has a reputation beyond reputeraycharlesbrown has a reputation beyond reputeraycharlesbrown has a reputation beyond reputeraycharlesbrown has a reputation beyond reputeraycharlesbrown has a reputation beyond reputeraycharlesbrown has a reputation beyond reputeraycharlesbrown has a reputation beyond repute

03-31-2020, 06:46 PM

Some of these posters are just ***hol*s. Ask anything u want - thatís what a forum is for.
Ignore the nitty yappy comments. Bunch of clowns never could play anyways.

Old
  (#15)
PoolFan101
AzB Silver Member

03-31-2020, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycharlesbrown View Post
Some of these posters are just ***hol*s. Ask anything u want - thatís what a forum is for.
Ignore the nitty yappy comments. Bunch of clowns never could play anyways.
Thanks Ray , I Appreciate that . But I think I have done enough posting around here . I will just fade in the background and hang out so to speak. I used to be a really decent player back in my Prime , Time seems to catch up with everybody and things change.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: