Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page More brokedown billiards tails.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
More brokedown billiards tails.
Old
  (#1)
jaime_lion
AzB Silver Member
jaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

More brokedown billiards tails. - 05-17-2020, 10:43 AM

So You guys will probably hear more tales about my adventures in playing pool on bar tables so be prepared for more threads about said topic. Anywho I just got back from playing pool at a truck stop. They had 2 tables both on free play. No bridge. Cloth was very well worn as it had small tears in it along with the white dots I have come to know. No beer stains this time. So far things I have seen before.

But the big reason I am making this post was the balls. They were so worn that the stripe balls were almost looking like cue balls. The solids had no numbers on them. They were just red or yellow etc. Not sure if they bought them that way to replace the original solids or if the numbers had worn off. Also the ball I was using as the cue ball I am not even sure it was a cue ball. Because when I pocketed the cue ball it would come out in the area where the rest of the balls came out.

Anywho have you guys seen similar?

Thanks

Old
  (#2)
Buzzard II
AzB Silver Member
Buzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond repute

05-17-2020, 12:03 PM

The crappiest table I ever played on was in a motel lobby in Grafton, WV. There was only one cue that had a tip on it so I grabbed it. It looked like a mushroom. Anyway the table had so much beer spilled over the years that the cloth ramped up to each pocket. Some with a couple or three little ripples on the way in. Pocket speed was at banger power.

Truth is I was returning from a long motorcycle tour when I slammed into a massive thunderstorm. I was happy to find this crappy motel half a block from a KFC. I had a pretty good time meeting the challenge of the table. Oh yeah, the cue ball looked like the moon, cratered up and all.

Old
  (#3)
PhilosopherKing
AzB Silver Member
PhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond repute

05-17-2020, 12:14 PM

What’s the fascination with needing a bridge to play on a 7’ or 6’ bar box?

Old
  (#4)
jimmyco
NRA4Life

jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

05-17-2020, 12:24 PM

Carry this in your case, pocket or purse.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1pc-Plastic...cbkEU&LH_BIN=1

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#5)
jaime_lion
AzB Silver Member
jaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond repute

05-17-2020, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilosopherKing View Post
So you ca reach every shot in pool on a 7 foot table without stretching to far and such?

Old
  (#6)
PhilosopherKing
AzB Silver Member
PhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond repute

05-17-2020, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_lion View Post
So you ca reach every shot in pool on a 7 foot table without stretching to far and such?
Yes............

Old
  (#7)
HNTFSH
Birds, Bass & Bottoms

HNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond repute

05-17-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilosopherKing View Post
It's on a mission to search out the absolute worst places to play a game and then act astonished that they're schitty tables.

Player #1: McDermott G1402
Player #2: Weir (or should I say Adam's Japan) Sneaky Pete
Break: McDermott Sledgehammer
Backup: Colt 1911

Deplorable since 1776

Old
  (#8)
Buzzard II
AzB Silver Member
Buzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond repute

05-17-2020, 02:45 PM

Maybe the tables are "schitty" because vertically challenged people try to stretch across the table with the tipless cue and without the missing bridge and rip up the cloth.

What's with the worthless snark?

Old
  (#9)
jaime_lion
AzB Silver Member

05-17-2020, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HNTFSH View Post
It's on a mission to search out the absolute worst places to play a game and then act astonished that they're schitty tables.
Would the VFW or American legion or Moose lodge or TREA have better tables? We have one pool hall and those are some of the places other than bars I can think to play. Also pool hall closed today.

Last edited by jaime_lion; 05-17-2020 at 04:06 PM.

Old
  (#10)
jaime_lion
AzB Silver Member

05-17-2020, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard II View Post
Maybe the tables are "schitty" because vertically challenged people try to stretch across the table with the tipless cue and without the missing bridge and rip up the cloth.

What's with the worthless snark?
Its not my fault my boobs or beer gut get in the way of me playing pool. I meen I have a keg or size h boobs.

Old
  (#11)
straightline
AzB Silver Member
straightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond repute

05-17-2020, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_lion View Post
Couple more solutions; switch hit or poke at stuff one handed. if you have to do the latter it's probably a duck anyway. If it's too critical, shoot something else. And as mentioned, those moose racks are very handy. You can even hold 'em as is for elevation or thrills or whatever...

Old
  (#12)
Jimmorrison
AzB Silver Member
Jimmorrison has a reputation beyond reputeJimmorrison has a reputation beyond reputeJimmorrison has a reputation beyond reputeJimmorrison has a reputation beyond reputeJimmorrison has a reputation beyond reputeJimmorrison has a reputation beyond reputeJimmorrison has a reputation beyond reputeJimmorrison has a reputation beyond reputeJimmorrison has a reputation beyond reputeJimmorrison has a reputation beyond reputeJimmorrison has a reputation beyond repute

05-17-2020, 09:14 PM

Jaime, how the hell are you locating these places? Truck stops, with two tables, on free play? If you aren't buying fuel, do they break your arm?

Old
  (#13)
jaime_lion
AzB Silver Member

05-17-2020, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmorrison View Post
Jaime, how the hell are you locating these places? Truck stops, with two tables, on free play? If you aren't buying fuel, do they break your arm?
Not sure what you mean exactly. I just type in google bars and where I live and call them and ask if they have pool tables. I then show up and play pool. Why would they break my arm? I am a customer. Well kind of a customer. I mean I just want to play pool at 11 am in the morning. I just got lucky normally its $1.50 to play pool.

Old
  (#14)
Jimmorrison
AzB Silver Member
Jimmorrison has a reputation beyond reputeJimmorrison has a reputation beyond reputeJimmorrison has a reputation beyond reputeJimmorrison has a reputation beyond reputeJimmorrison has a reputation beyond reputeJimmorrison has a reputation beyond reputeJimmorrison has a reputation beyond reputeJimmorrison has a reputation beyond reputeJimmorrison has a reputation beyond reputeJimmorrison has a reputation beyond reputeJimmorrison has a reputation beyond repute

05-17-2020, 09:43 PM

A truck stop is not a bar, and any place with tables on free play, is a rarity. Hence, my question. I assume you are being considerate, and purchasing something. The Moose Lodge you referred to earlier, is your best bet. Nice Gold Crown, still in good shape.

Old
  (#15)
jaime_lion
AzB Silver Member

05-17-2020, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmorrison View Post
A truck stop is not a bar, and any place with tables on free play, is a rarity. Hence, my question. I assume you are being considerate, and purchasing something. The Moose Lodge you referred to earlier, is your best bet. Nice Gold Crown, still in good shape.
The truck stops I am familiar with have a bar and restaurant. Do all moose lodges have such pool tables? I am going to assume our moose lodge will have a valley bar box like every other place I have been too. I would purchase pool or maybe a drink sometimes but not this time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: