Moving - keep current or go new?

DeaconBlooze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm moving and the buyers of our new home don't have any interest in keeping our current table. It's a 9' Olhausen, probably from the 90s, and one of their cheaper models (veneer in spots, etc). It's been a good table, but should probably be re-felted as long as (if) it's being moved. I was quoted 1,500 for the move, install and re-felting.

That has me wondering if I'd be better off ditching it, and getting something else. As much as I'd love a diamond, I'm not able to get a 1-piece slate into my basement. I prefer more of a furniture look (straight lines, though), and I want something that plays well. Am I best off sticking with the table I have, or does someone have some other suggestions under 4kish?

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Shop around and buy what you like/want. Maybe you can get trade credit for the existing table. $4000 should buy something nice...new or refurbished. Check around for any local mechanics that have tables...maybe you can get good deal on something they have.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
for under 4k you can get a nice gold crown
i would sell the olhausen
jmho

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm moving and the buyers of our new home don't have any interest in keeping our current table. It's a 9' Olhausen, probably from the 90s, and one of their cheaper models (veneer in spots, etc). It's been a good table, but should probably be re-felted as long as (if) it's being moved. I was quoted 1,500 for the move, install and re-felting.

That has me wondering if I'd be better off ditching it, and getting something else. As much as I'd love a diamond, I'm not able to get a 1-piece slate into my basement. I prefer more of a furniture look (straight lines, though), and I want something that plays well. Am I best off sticking with the table I have, or does someone have some other suggestions under 4kish?

Donate that POS to any organization that will take it or haul it off.

You can get a good GC4 for 1500-2000. It has modern cushions and to me plays as well as a blue label Diamond and much better than a red or any other table you can think of.