funny story about bar pool

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just picked up an apa.6 who recently moved here from another area. He was given my name by my lo because I had room on my team.

We met at the pool hall the other day to be to know each other and to shoot a little before the new session starts this week.

He shoots pretty decent beating me 5-2 8 bal then we played some 9 ball and I returned d the favor .he wanted to nee and pls on 7footers since that is what we play on as he has always played in 9 footers for the last 12 years he has been in apa

After we shot a while he started telling me he met this girl through a. Neighbor and as they talk they found out they both like to shoot pool. They are agree to nee at a BA she names and shoot some last Friday nite . It turns out she has never played league and he has never played bar rules.

Well since they are in a bar and he being a gentleman decides to play by rules that she is familiar with. We are standing at the table and he describes how she was making all kinds of combos and caroms and calling everything ...including rail 1st. He said he had never heard of such rules and it amazed him how good she was.

He said she might possibly be an apa 4 if she joined league. What's funny to me is he is a 6 and got his butt handed to him 8-2 but he thinks she would only be a 4.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nit confirmed.

Really ? I guess you are one of those serious pool players that would find offense with my post so I understand you reply

Actually I find it quite hilarious that a recreational bar banger would hand an 8-2 butt whipping I. A call your shot match on kiddie tables against a supposedly b player that should have the advantage cue to playing on big boy tables where as playing on a kiddo table should be nothing but a cake walk.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
Really ? I guess you are one of those serious pool players that would find offense with my post so I understand you reply

I wasn't calling you a nit, your friend who got beat by a female "4" is a nit.

But maybe he let her win cause he wanted to get laid. In that case, he's still a nit.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wasn't calling you a nit, your friend who got beat by a female "4" is a nit.

But maybe he let her win cause he wanted to get laid. In that case, he's still a nit.

Ok ...gotcha. :D

Well I for one would not go around telling that story if it happened to me lol

The thing is so many people on here say bar bangers can't shoot. I guess there are exceptions though. :)

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
Ok ...gotcha. :D

Well I for one would not go around telling that story if it happened to me lol

The thing is so many people on here say bar bangers can't shoot. I guess there are exceptions though. :)

Bar banger? Maybe he wanted to bar 'bang' her.

No? Okay I'll see myself out...

Where is pt109 when you need him.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Give him a sec, he can't be in every thread with witty dry humored remarks at once

DirtyJersey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Actually I find it quite hilarious that a recreational bar banger would hand an 8-2 butt whipping I. A call your shot match on kiddie tables against a supposedly b player that should have the advantage cue to playing on big boy tables where as playing on a kiddo table should be nothing but a cake walk.

Where is the apa/ABCD comparison chart? Could you post the link showing where an APA 6 is a B player? Ty

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He said she might possibly be an apa 4 if she joined league. What's funny to me is he is a 6 and got his butt handed to him 8-2 but he thinks she would only be a 4.

lol clearly this moron is a big talker and mcp. Bad loser whose ego got busted by the girl so he gives her a 4.
I wouldn't associate with such big egos. I see such people a lot in bars -basically big bullshitters with fragile egos
Damn he must be a Trumpster:D

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where is the apa/ABCD comparison chart? Could you post the link showing where an APA 6 is a B player? Ty

Any type of chart like this would come from a place like this, so what we say, is what it is. We know how well a B player shoots, and we know how well an APA 6 or 7 should shoot to be that level.

in 9 ball APA 6 or 7 can be a B- and up player. A B player would never be a 5 unless they are sandbagging and even a 6 would be on the low end for a solid B player. TAP ratings go the same way, I'm a B to B+ player and I was a 7 in TAP for a bit, dropped down to a 6, mostly because I am a level bellow my normal game on a crappy bar table so had weaker players beating me most of the time on the crap tables, and I'd beat them on the good tables.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I stated supposedly because I recall a thread giving handicap omparisions and iirc an spa 6 could be a b player. An awards a 7 could be anywhere from an a player to semi pro.

If its posted in this forum its gotta be correct...right :rolleyes:

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
APA is a terrible yardstick to use to determine a players ability. I have never played APA but from what I have seen and read, their ratings are smoke and mirrors. You know what a B player or an A player looks like when you see one. Hell, most times I can recognize and A player by just watching their practice stroke and demeaner at the table.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought you were gonna say it turned out to be your girlfriend

Yea right.:grin: Ex g/f now. If you had been paying attention to my post in the league thread you woulda known it cant be her. How many times did I say she is the worst 3 in town. :embarrassed2:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've run across quite a few people that could pocket balls and get more or less position on the next shot that don't know anything about regular rules.

I played someone like that months ago, every time he played a safe he'd act like it was an accident so I would not call him on playing a safe, like it was a bad thing to do LOL

He also tried to make fun of me because I make a ball on a rail first kick and he was saying "wow you sure meant to do that with hitting a rail", he only knew the call all rails shooting way.

But he could run 3-4-5 balls quite often with passable technique. It's what I tell people I teach about proper playing and playing decent just because of how long you have been playing, you play well despite your issues with knowledge not because of it. You don't want to play well even though you don't know the rules or how to play shape properly or how to use spin or have a good stance, you want to play well because you play "correctly", not just play wrong for a long time LOL

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come on fellas, this is an easy one! Everyone knows that if you're mac'in on a chic you never demolish her the first time yall play, in fact probably not a bad idear to lose, just as he did lol.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come on fellas, this is an easy one! Everyone knows that if you're mac'in on a chic you never demolish her the first time yall play, in fact probably not a bad idear to lose, just as he did lol.

Well yea.....but you don't go round telling complete strangers about it lol ....unless you are trying to huslte:wink:

bazkook

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It sounds like your friend has found something special in that girl. I wish my girlfriend understood my love for the game instead of thinking I was going out to the pool hall to hit on women and get drunk. :(

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Bar banger? Maybe he wanted to bar 'bang' her.

No? Okay I'll see myself out...

Where is pt109 when you need him.

Hey, I was just minding my own business.

However, I got my first passport in the seventies....
...since then, I have lost many times while playing abroad.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a friend that is an engineer, who can make the weirdest combos and rail first goofy shots you ever saw, the problem is , he misses 50 % of the ones that are easy.