The cte controversy

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Anthony, you're like a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on here. Sometimes a nice guy good poster and other times a complete whack job.

What I think is you're a belligerent drunk who goes off on a quick drinking binge because your personality changes, the spelling goes haywire, and you flat out don't make sense and can't read or comprehend.

I didn't say "Stan would beat all of us". What I posted is:
"Because the ball goes in when he shoots would more than likely win every match he played against any and all of the posters who come prancing in here at the aiming forum whose main purpose is to win debates, not live matches"

Are you saying he NEVER won a pro tournament? Where is that coming from?

It's been posted in here before. There used to be an annual event on the tour in the early part of 2000 in Athens, GA. Stan went undefeated to win the tournament in 2002. In 2003 he was back there with a real young son named Landon who played and went up against the pros at that time. Earl was there, Varner, all the big names. Landon wasn't even in his teen years yet at the time.
Where were you during that time period?

http://www.justcueit.com/Stan.html

Get out of your delusional drunken hateful life and enter some events yourself if you think you're God's gift to the pool world.

What have you won or even played in? Post your resume and accomplishments. How does it compare to this one?

http://www.justcueit.com/landon.html

I was merely making a comment on the link low posted...now Im drunk retard..lol

I see now the only reason you post about cte is really to start a conversation thats guaranteed to start a arguement.

Im a know it all??? Well ...I'll be honest, I know a lot.

I don't choose sides, nor am I a nut hugger.

Last edited:

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watch, learn, and/or take the challenge.
(and don't whine about "those are simple shots, I can make those upside down or standing on my head or with a broomstick, etc. etc." The EXACT SAME PRINCIPLES APPLY FROM 10 FEET AWAY AS FROM 4 FEET AWAY.)
Repeat: Watch, learn, and/or take the challenge.
Enter this into your web browser:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+CTE+controversy

Watching/listening to videos on this subject, and in particular Stan, gave me CTE.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I was merely making a comment on the link low posted...now Im drunk retard..lol

You quoted MY POST with your answer.

I see now the only reason you post about cte is really to start a conversation thats guaranteed to start a arguement.

I'd be as pleased as could be after I post the videos about CTE to have NOBODY post! But every day the negative crap starts filtering in from trolls and the usual crowd of 20 years.

Im a know it all??? Well ...I'll be honest, I know a lot.

You play good so I know YOU know a lot and have skills. BUT, you don't know what there is to know that's important regarding CTE.

I don't choose sides, nor am I a nut hugger.

When you go off into one of your alternate personalities that takes over, you can be a royal pain in the butt and obnoxious.

That having been said, you're still one of the guys on here I wouldn't mind meeting
(unlike about 5 others) because I do think it would be a good time. (for now)

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A D player trying to become a C player has no use for CTE. They do not make the leap from D to C with CTE. They can't deliver the cue ball to the object ball where they are aiming so it's ridiculous to worry about an advanced aiming system.
What have I done lately to improve my skills? Plenty. And none of it involved an aiming gimmick.
CTE taught me how to deliver the cue ball to the object ball straight and true when aiming. I became a C rated player from a D rated player. So you don't know what you're ranting about with that comment (in blue).:nono:
I know you are happy you improved your skills without an aiming gimmick (in red). Keep at it.
Now you can work on improving your skills at LEAVING OTHERS ALONE, MINDING YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND STOP GRIPING about what you do not understand and have no interest in understanding.
Just go away...go stir up trouble in one of the other forums.
This is not for the likes of you.:tongue:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone answer a question for Spider? He said 20 years ago before he learned CTE he was capable of playing with anyone except a pro. Now that 20 years has gone by and he uses CTE is he any better as a result? If so, who says it is because of CTE? An additional 20 years of playing just the same way is bound to make you a better player. Maybe if he didn't change everything up with CTE he'd be even better now than he is.

JC

Coos Cues
CTE taught me how to deliver the cue ball to the object ball straight and true when aiming. I became a C rated player from a D rated player. So you don't know what you're ranting about with that comment (in blue).:nono:
I know you are happy you improved your skills without an aiming gimmick (in red). Keep at it.
Now you can work on improving your skills at LEAVING OTHERS ALONE, MINDING YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND STOP GRIPING about what you do not understand and have no interest in understanding.
Just go away...go stir up trouble in one of the other forums.
This is not for the likes of you.:tongue:

Ok try this

Everyone knows what a half ball shot is right?

Shoot spot shots from in the kitchen at the half ball position.

If your stroke and aim is true you should miss only very rarely. Maybe once in 20-25 shots.

If this is not your consistency level then you need to develop aiming and stroking skills long before an aiming system is going to do any good. What good is knowing where to aim if you can't make the cue ball arrive there accurately? CTE did not teach you to stroke straight that is just false. Just another exaggeration of it's power.

Telling me to go away and mind my own business on this forum you do not own isn't going to do a thing to change this reality.

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Can anyone answer a question for Spider? He said 20 years ago before he learned CTE he was capable of playing with anyone except a pro. Now that 20 years has gone by and he uses CTE is he any better as a result? If so, who says it is because of CTE? An additional 20 years of playing just the same way is bound to make you a better player. Maybe if he didn't change everything up with CTE he'd be even better now than he is.

There is truth to this. When you try something new and results aren't where they should be, (after years and years) leave it alone. If it ain't broke, don't try fixing it.

And doing something different may just reinforce what you was doing beforehand was actually better.

If you've played serious pool for a long time with know good results..its on you.

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
There is truth to this. When you try something new and results aren't where they should be, (after years and years) leave it alone. If it ain't broke, don't try fixing it.

And doing something different may just reinforce what you was doing beforehand was actually better.

If you played serious pool for s long time with know results..its on you.

Why did Stan as excited and dedicated as he is about his system, play the best pool of his life before he ever heard of Hal Houle or an aiming system of any kind?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

20 years ago Spider played pretty darn good and played a lot. Nowadays he doesn't play nearly as much because life has taken hold and he has much much bigger things going on then playing pool. How good is he now, not sure. Haven't had the chance to hit balls with him since i moved to florida a few years ago.

Question for you now. What have you changed in the last 20 years and has it helped? And how do you know it helped.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why did Stan as excited and dedicated as he is about his system, play the best pool of his life before he ever heard of Hal Houle or an aiming system of any kind?

Who says he did. Stan hasn't played competitively in a few years by choice so what info do you have to back up your opinion.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who says he did. Stan hasn't played competitively in a few years by choice so what info do you have to back up your opinion.

There is not a pool player alive that wouldn't keep on playing if they could still snap off tournaments.

And, there would be no better proof in the world for his system than Stan using it in open competition and winning.

That's what says it.

Lou Figueroa

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is not a pool player alive that wouldn't keep on playing if they could still snap off tournaments.

And, there would be no better proof in the world for his system than Stan using it in open competition and winning.

That's what says it.

Lou Figueroa

In your opinion maybe. Some people just decide to have a life and not travel around playing pool.
Tyler Styer uses it and wins, do you accept that as proof.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member

I don't know how he played or plays now really.
By his videos he hits them pretty sporty.

Last edited:

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go get his money then....Delta is ready when you are.
Think of how much fun that will be.
And you'll get to meet me and enjoy my charming company too....for I WILL be there for that stellar event.
Rack 'em bub and lets see what you got.
(be sure to bring your film for that photographic memory...………..(if you can find someplace that even sells the stuff anymore) :tongue:

A lot of CTE proponents are challenging people to play people other than themselves. "Come on out, come play Stan Shuffett...not me of course, who says he learned how to be a great pool player by Stan's instruction" shows a lack of balls and conviction. If you believe so much in the method you have been taught, challenge some people yourself.

John Barton, for all his drawbacks, at least puts his money where his mouth is, you guys crack me up! I just love how when push comes to shove, you want the detractors to play someone else...if it pisses you off so much I would love to see you personally taking down some of the detractors, not challenging them to go play some established pro...cuz it's kind of chickenshit

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In your opinion maybe. Some people just decide to have a life and not travel around playing pool.
Tyler Styer uses it and wins, do you accept that as proof

Of COURSE that doesn't constitute any proof that the system works....
Figueroa is a charter member of the Grouchy Posse. He's always right...didn't you know that?
Cartoon Vomit with caption.jpg

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
A pro player who became a pro before endorsing a product is doubtful at best .

Now, an amateur touting an aiming system more than a decade ago and making videos how it's so great a decade or so ago ( and fought the anti-houligans ) loses tens of thousands of dollars b/c the system has not made him better ( in fact, it might have made him worse ) is a little more convincing .

A pro endorsing some system that does not need contact point or ghost ball visualization but bends over to line up a wide-open shot at the money ball is suspicious .

The seller of the system posting as his wife or some fluff is actually telling.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of CTE proponents are challenging people to play people other than themselves. "Come on out, come play Stan Shuffett...not me of course, who says he learned how to be a great pool player by Stan's instruction" shows a lack of balls and conviction. If you believe so much in the method you have been taught, challenge some people yourself.
John Barton, for all his drawbacks, at least puts his money where his mouth is, you guys crack me up! I just love how when push comes to shove, you want the detractors to play someone else...if it pisses you off so much I would love to see you personally taking down some of the detractors, not challenging them to go play some established pro...cuz it's kind of chickenshit
#1 No...we don't "crack you up". You're angry and mad at the world and it's killing you that people are out here learning how to do things you do not understand.
#2 Yes, I am a full-scale nit. I'm not a very good player either, but I'm working to do something about that. I am also, as you say, "kind of chickenshit". And I just love being that way. So what??
Now what are you going to do about that? "Type me to death"? Or sit there and get madder and madder until you blow your top?:eek:
Like the man said....."If you have no interest in it, if you think it is a bunch of hokum for losers, or you will never use it, or whatever...…...WHY DON'T YOU JUST IGNORE CONVERSATIONS ABOUT IT, LEAVE US PROPONENTS ALONE, AND STOP GRIPING ABOUT IT..?? We're certainly not entering your conversations in this place.
Not until you, figuratively speaking, slap one of us and then you get slapped back. Just as I am doing to you in this reply.
CTE is NEVER going away...it is in use world wide and there is nothing you or anybody else can do about it either. Remember...the "ignore feature" is your friend.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A pro player who became a pro before endorsing a product is doubtful at best .
Now, an amateur touting an aiming system more than a decade ago and making videos how it's so great a decade or so ago ( and fought the anti-houligans ) loses tens of thousands of dollars b/c the system has not made him better ( in fact, it might have made him worse ) is a little more convincing .
A pro endorsing some system that does not need contact point or ghost ball visualization but bends over to line up a wide-open shot at the money ball is suspicious .
The seller of the system posting as his wife or some fluff is actually telling.
If in your world of reality and in your mind, all of what you posted is absolutely true....why on earth do you constantly have interest in trashing the system or hating on the man who has put it into world wide use?
Can't you simply control yourself and FORGET IT EXISTS AND STOP GRIPING ABOUT IT?
Nobody is shoving it down your throat or forcing you to accept it.
IGNORE IT...you win the argument.
IGNORE IT...you win the argument. Happy now???
(just like I ignore that idiot Nancy Pelosi who you voted for out there in your bankrupt state).
It's really very easy to do...just FORGET WE ARE ALIVE.

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
Since, in your world of reality, all of what you posted is absolutely true....why on earth do you constantly have interest in trashing the system or hating on the man who has put it into world wide use?
Can't you simply control yourself and FORGET IT EXISTS AND STOP GRIPING ABOUT IT?
Nobody is shoving it down your throat or forcing you to accept it.
IGNORE IT...you win the argument. Happy now???
(just like I ignore that idiot Nancy Pelosi who you voted for out there in your bankrupt state).
It's really very easy to do...just FORGET WE ARE ALIVE.

Calm down there Hoss, you're going to blow a gasket.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Calm down there Hoss, you're going to blow a gasket.
What is a "Hoss"...?
If you mean "horse", I don't like horses. They are big, mean, strong, and they will bite. I am afraid of them.
What does a horse have to do with this pool shooting topic OF MINE, by the way.?
Thank you for calling.
:confused: