garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i don't know,but i doubt there is any difference at all
dr dave is a genius at testing and he reports no difference

its like public and private schools
whats the differece

tuition
Comparing schools to chalk? You think there's no difference in public and private schools? Might want to check your meds if you actually believe that.

RonRosas

Banned
Top 3 Chalks

1.) Toam Pyro Chalk, can't be beat!
2,) Kamuaii Roku, I usually hate Kamaui but this chalk is awesome.
3.) G2 Chalk

All the rest, Masters, Predator, Blue Diamond are all pretty much the same, these 3 stand out!

And just a dusting of Roku Chalk on my BulletProof Break Tip and I can get insane jump with spin, draw, top! Bulletprooftips.com

Attachments

• j6.jpg
    j6.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 160
  • bbpp.jpg
    bbpp.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 151

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
i don't know,but i doubt there is any difference at all
dr dave is a genius at testing and he reports no difference

its like public and private schools
whats the differece

tuition

Deano, you just posted this in another chalk thread. I've heard of flip flopping but not within 24 hours. LOL So, you don't believe in your own hype ? What's up playa ? lol

QUOTE: deanoc

I was just thinking of betting with Dr Dave

if he says there is no difference i am willing to bet with him

i suspect he has a way of testing clinically and the rest of us are kinda going from perceived results

I have only tried predator chalk a few times when some was left on the table

and i tend to hit several shots before chalking, I have never be fastideous about chalking

but I almost always chalk if i plan to hit draw

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Question when a Pro Player in any sport using a product is? Are they getting paid to use, and be seen in say Nikes. Is the School, or Tems official supplier Nike?

D

I don't know. Alex was using Magic Chalk before I ever found out. And pretty hard to pay a guy when you don't even know he is using your chalk ;) Yeah, I sent him some free chalk once I found out he used it.

Jennifer Berretta uses Magic Chalk, and I know I don't pay her. My son caught it on TV when we were watching the TV show with Emily Duddy. She had it on the table, and the box was right next to her pool case.

If anyone knows here, send me her address, I'll send her some chalk too.

But, I don't pay anyone to use Magic Chalk.

Somebody in the last Mosconi Cup was using Magic Chalk. It was listed in BD about all their equipment, it mentioned folks cues, tips, and chalk. But didn't say who use what, just a list of the products being used. I wish I knew who was using Magic Chalk :)

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I don't know. Alex was using Magic Chalk before I ever found out. And pretty hard to pay a guy when you don't even know he is using your chalk ;) Yeah, I sent him some free chalk once I found out he used it.

Jennifer Berretta uses Magic Chalk, and I know I don't pay her. My son caught it on TV when we were watching the TV show with Emily Duddy. She had it on the table, and the box was right next to her pool case.

If anyone knows here, send me her address, I'll send her some chalk too.

But, I don't pay anyone to use Magic Chalk.

Somebody in the last Mosconi Cup was using Magic Chalk. It was listed in BD about all their equipment, it mentioned folks cues, tips, and chalk. But didn't say who use what, just a list of the products being used. I wish I knew who was using Magic Chalk :)

I am sure Magic Chalk is good Chalk, but I'll stick to my old standby, it has served me well. Master has been around a long time, it is reasonable priced, I have like a lifetime supply left. If I ever use up my faithful Master Green, I would bet I buy another Dozen or Couple of Dozen Cubes. I tend to get a lot of use out of a Cube of Chalk as I use it till the last little piece breaks into two little pieces..

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was just thinking of betting with Dr Dave

if he says there is no difference i am willing to bet with him

i suspect he has a way of testing clinically and the rest of us are kinda going from perceived results

I have only tried predator chalk a few times when some was left on the table

and i tend to hit several shots before chalking, I have never be fastideous about chalking

but I almost always chalk if i plan to hit draw
I didn't say there was no difference. Everything I said is in the videos and articles here:

chalk comparison resource page

And all of my testing procedures are easy for others to do if they want to methodically compare chalks and reach their own conclusions. Much of the "marketing hype" and "qualitative testimonials" out there is not very trustworthy.

Regards,
Dave

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I didn't say there was no difference. Everything I said is in the videos and articles here:

chalk comparison resource page

And all of my testing procedures are easy for others to do if they want to methodically compare chalks and reach their own conclusions. Much of the "marketing hype" and "qualitative testimonials" out there is not very trustworthy.

Regards,
Dave

Dave, I agree with you. The words posted in BLUE were from Deanoc as I was just just giving him the "business" with what he said yesterday and then what he posted here. Thus, that is Deanoc's post. he's a good guy and just joshing with him why his opinion changed so fast :grin-square:

Thanks,

Muddog

Registered
magic chalk does stick better... to everything including cb at least for me YMMV

This ‘test’ of mine was not scientific I’ll leave that to Dr. Dave I was annoyed by constantly being told my silver cup (which I used because was cleaner than masters) was crap so compared in the ways were important to me and just thought I’d share what I found

If I didn’t care about cost I would probably buy blue diamond or lava but the ntc was only ever so slightly messier and heck of a lot cleaner than masters at a buck or two more a dozen so will probably be my go to for the next 20 yrs the way silver cup was the last 20

Could care less what the pros use

Could care less what anyone Is using as I found my answer

I think everyone needs to calm down ‘tis only chalk.... not like I was comparing your wives :eek:

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
magic chalk does stick better... to everything including cb at least for me YMMV

This ‘test’ of mine was not scientific I’ll leave that to Dr. Dave I was annoyed by constantly being told my silver cup (which I used because was cleaner than masters) was crap so compared in the ways were important to me and just thought I’d share what I found

If I didn’t care about cost I would probably buy blue diamond or lava but the ntc was only ever so slightly messier and heck of a lot cleaner than masters at a buck or two more a dozen so will probably be my go to for the next 20 yrs the way silver cup was the last 20

Could care less what the pros use

Could care less what anyone Is using as I found my answer

I think everyone needs to calm down ‘tis only chalk.... not like I was comparing your wives :eek:

So if Magic Chalk sticks to the cue ball doesn’t that mean you’ll get more skids?

Muddog

Registered
I would think chalks like magic leave more marks on the cue ball at least when I’ve tried them

This I think increases the likelihood of things like skids but that’s probably something you could find reading Dr Dave’s reports

Also depends on what you’re playing and how often you can clean off cb and obs

I found I could put light layer of magic chalk on freshly shaped tip then put on one of the less messy ones it wouldn’t mark ball
Theoretically that’s probably best of both worlds but really not worth the effort if you chalk every shot

Of everything I shot with blue diamond was cleanest by very slim margin but roughly 3x the cost at least prices I’ve seen running about 30$ a dozen
That’s not that bad if you don’t have sometimers and forgetting to pick chalk up before leaving the hall
Probably lose 1 a week that way

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
So if Magic Chalk sticks to the cue ball doesn’t that mean you’ll get more skids?

Actually, I think he meant stick to the "tip" better, not the cue ball.

If you can shoot 50 or so shots before chalking again, it would seem "odd" that chalk is marking up the cue ball very much as the chalk stays on the tip for a very long time.

Also, lots of snookers players are now using MC because of the skid issues. They like the idea of the chalk staying on the tip and not transferring to cue ball and table, etc.

Just saying ;)