WANTED: Perry Weston cue

brambledog

Hi - I've been a player for decades (before Color of Money ruined my pool hall). Bought and played Joss, McDermott and Jacoby cues but never "collected". I bought a Perry Weston cue many years ago, and now my physical issues necessitate selling it. I view it as one of his most beautiful cues ever made. I am the original owner, purchased from Cornerstone around 2001. From memory, I think it's 19.5 oz. Amboyna with ivory, sterling silver, ebony, black elephant wrap, etc. 1/1 non-flared butt. I shot about 30? games with one of the shafts (never break shots obviously), the other is unused. I mostly used my Joss house 2-piece for playing in public, along with a Jacoby I sold last year. I'm more of a metal/wood fan than wood/wood joint.

I also bought a custom Whitten case that I designed myself, which mirrors the markings on the cue. Took about a year to receive it. It's a 2 butt/4 shaft case with ostrich. If interested, let me know. I'm not too keen on putting this on eBay, since they will take 13%, plus sales tax from the buyer.

My personal email is brambledog@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Bryan

Attachments

• 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    204 KB · Views: 96
  • Weston1.jpg
    Weston1.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Weston2.jpg
    Weston2.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Weston3.jpg
    Weston3.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Weston4.jpg
    Weston4.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 83
  • Weston5.jpg
    Weston5.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 85

brambledog

Hey Bryan: what are you asking for the Weston cue? and case? thanks Steve
Hi Steve - Just browsing the limited "market" on sold/available Westons, and considering what I originally paid for the items, I think a fair asking price is $6800, which includes the custom/matching Whitten case. I would give both items a 99/100 score, as everything appears perfect to me, besides the chalked tip on one of the shafts. Running an inflation calculator, the pricing would now be $8,000 for both, so I'm not trying to gouge a profit or play on Perry's death. I just want this combo to go to someone who will appreciate it as much as I have, and keep it in good condition for future generations.

I also weighed the items. The butt is 15.40 oz, the chalked shaft is 4.05, and the unused is 4.0.

Looking up my records, my purchase dates were slightly off. Looks like I bought the cue in maybe 2004-05, and all my emails with Joe Whitten for the case production are in 2007. Joe actually highlighted pictures of my case as one of his best top-end customs on his website for many years.

Here's an additional photo of the inside top of the case, with the Weston to the right side.

Attachments

• Top Whitten Case 1.jpg
    Top Whitten Case 1.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 45

brambledog

Would love to own this beautiful cue. That is a healthy price on cue, not sure i can make that price work.
Yeah, it's all about the materials used on this stick. Elephant, high-end amboynia, rosewood, ivory, sterling silver, ebony. Plus the high-quill ostrich case. I went over the top on both of them. Looking at Perry's work over the last decades of his life, I think this is one of his top 5 cues, as far as understated beauty. It's not gaudy, very understated until you look at it closely. Then it just pulls you in. I always saw it as something that would be created by Tolkien elves inside a mountain. I might be interested in a partial trade...but with my injuries, it might just be folly for me to think I could play well again. I prefer the styles of older Joss West, Richard Black, Jacoby. Simple but forever classic. I despise flash in the pool hall, unless I'm trying to hustle players that think peacocking around with their show sticks makes them a better player. lol. Steve, if you want to discuss, my cell is 916.375.9765. Like I said, I want someone to own it that would appreciate it, but I really don't want to be losing money. Hit me up if you're serious.