If Pool Rooms/Bars Opened Monday 5/4/2020 , post Covid 19 would you come if.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This what my father said about being a soldier in WW2.

The so called brave Yahoo in your platoon is the guy you want to shoot yourself before he gets everyone else killed.

You need confidence the guy watching your back has your safety in mind as much as his own. Brave is looking out for your platoon mates.

Sometimes you need to come out of your fighting hole to protect them though. And you certainly need to be willing to do so to beat the other guy.

Just sayin’...

Tmyers101

Registered
I wouldn't play with a mask or rubber gloves. I would be willing to stop every thirty minutes if they washed the balls, wiped and brushed the table. Hell, I'd agree to that without the virus.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't play with a mask or rubber gloves. I would be willing to stop every thirty minutes if they washed the balls, wiped and brushed the table. Hell, I'd agree to that without the virus.

Who the fuk is gonna clean the balls you were playing with in the middle of your time there.

That's a waste of time.

I'd think cleaning the balls and rails might not be sufficient anyway. What about the cloth and the carpet?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Sometimes you need to come out of your fighting hole to protect them though. And you certainly need to be willing to do so to beat the other guy.

Just sayin’...

Well there are fighters, and cowards. Most people who are normal thinkers, would not run into a burning building. Firefighter do it ever day, they depend upon training, safety procedures, and last support from out Firefighter who watch their backs.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You had to wear a mask to play, play would be allowed in disposable rubber gloves, only two players per table, no free loading spectators. Not allowed.

Say if made you stop Play ever 30 minutes for staff to wiping down rails.

What post Covid - 19 hassles would you put up with to play pool?

This is an if situation.

First Owners have to be allowed to reopen.

Then the Owners would want to reopen.

Last players would want to come, and get out of the house.

How much goofy stuff could you tolerate?

No. I believe that Covid-19 is awful. I also believe that like all epidemics before it, it will go away. There is not likely to be a new epidemic in late fall. 1918 Spanish flu seemed to have one but that is not true, it just started later but it was all one epidemic. Covid is starting down the other side of the bell curve but it will be probably at least 8 weeks before it is really near the end. I have targeted Sep 1 as earliest I will go back to pool or other crowded activities.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well there are fighters, and cowards. Most people who are normal thinkers, would not run into a burning building. Firefighter do it ever day, they depend upon training, safety procedures, and last support from out Firefighter who watch their backs.

Firefighters are amongst the best trained and equipped groups out there.

How in heaven's name is that support for your lllleeeeeerooyy Jenkins plan?

It isn't, in fact, it is an argument against resuming pre-virus behaviors.

We don't know all of what the virus does and a sock on your face holes is your ppe.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
No. I believe that Covid-19 is awful. I also believe that like all epidemics before it, it will go away. There is not likely to be a new epidemic in late fall. 1918 Spanish flu seemed to have one but that is not true, it just started later but it was all one epidemic. Covid is starting down the other side of the bell curve but it will be probably at least 8 weeks before it is really near the end. I have targeted Sep 1 as earliest I will go back to pool or other crowded activities.

Well you posts has a lot of valid points, and no one can predict the future. Too those who say they can predict the future, prove how good your are, showing off you pile of winnings from Powerball. Photos of Winning Ticket, and Piles of Money.

The POTUS - Trump was TV this PM, he was doing a town hall from the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., Q & A with Americans who had question sent in via video. His VP Mike Pence was also present during part of Town Hall.

Trump, Pence, and many of the people on Video want America opened again., normal to return Some people with give the President a thumbs up for his answers, others I call the what if bunch, will never be happy until there is a Covid - 19 Vaccine.

If there ever is a Vaccine for Covid 19,, it will not be 100% perfect, some person will not tolerate the Vaccine, and die. Then the cry babies will say it's unsafe, it's not perfect, we must stop protecting the other people. Too save another who might die.

No guarantees in life, I get in my car to go some place almost every day, I think, but do not know for sure 100%, I will not be killed in an accident. Or some U.S.A.F. Jet flying off the base not far from where I live will not crash into my home, destroying everything I own.

I can not predict the future, if I did I would go buy a Powder Ball, with Numbers I picked, and collect my winnings.:D

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don’t just look at the media you usually do. Take time to look at media from around the world. The measures governments are taking all over the world are alike. Isolate to prevent the spread and try to quarantine the infected. If you think anywhere in the US is locked down you’re not paying attention to countries with much stricter mandates. If you think the US is doing a fantastic job and it’ll just go away you’re not critically looking at the facts of the severity or pathology of this curse.
If you’re young don’t worry about it and go hang out in bars and pool halls for the next 30-40 years like a whole bunch of people on here have. You’ll probably survive. When the next pandemic comes and they say it affects those with health conditions you might have a different take on things.

I'm 62, with my share of health issues, but I refuse to live in fear. Never have and I don't plan on changing now. As to the media I follow, that ranges from very conservative (Fox News) to very liberal (NPR, particularly Science Fridays), and from local to worldwide. I regularly listen to the BBC's overnight world reports. My son lives in Thailand, and yes, they are on a much stricter lockdown than the US, at least officially. He lives in a rural area, and the people there don't really pay a lot of attention to the government mandates in general.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I'm 62, with my share of health issues, but I refuse to live in fear. Never have and I don't plan on changing now. As to the media I follow, that ranges from very conservative (Fox News) to very liberal (NPR, particularly Science Fridays), and from local to worldwide. I regularly listen to the BBC's overnight world reports. My son lives in Thailand, and yes, they are on a much stricter lockdown than the US, at least officially. He lives in a rural area, and the people there don't really pay a lot of attention to the government mandates in general.

Guess your going to excercise, FREE WILL.:cool:

Toxictom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't live in fear either and just got out of the doctor's office with a clean bill of health. I just look at what my priorities are and rushing out to play at the pool hall right away isn't one of those.

I sincerely hope those that choose to go about their lives as they always did do not contract this virus. Some definitely will get it and I wonder how they are going to feel then. News clips abound of those who initially dismissed the virus and later contracted it. Haven't seen one yet that states it was no big deal. How would you feel knowing you may have passed on the virus to a loved one or someone at the pool hall? That factor changes the equation very greatly in my opinion.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

Attachments

• POV Annotation 2020-05-04 123834.jpg
    POV Annotation 2020-05-04 123834.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 220

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Your bad manners are preceded by your bad manners.

I honestly feel you made a fair comment, but he will not change. That is why I never reply to goofy statements.

I do not believe in censorship, also I do not use "ignore feature", as I get a good chuckle. Why miss a good laugh.

He is free to post what he wants to post, he just doesn't feel that's is a two way street.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    27.1 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My room opened today. Maximum of 25% capacity with normal social distancing, but no other restrictions.

No issues at all. It was great to hit some balls and to support a great room and great people. A couple of the staff were so damn happy to be back to work that they had a tear in their eye! :smile:

Attachments

• DAFF5CCE-22CA-49E4-9950-AF2BFDE7F09A.jpeg
    DAFF5CCE-22CA-49E4-9950-AF2BFDE7F09A.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 179

megatron69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Supposedly our bars/pool halls will be open on the 11th. Can hardly wait for the following weekend to get out and play some pool. Now just have to see when league starts back up.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
My room opened today. Maximum of 25% capacity with normal social distancing, but no other restrictions.

No issues at all. It was great to hit some balls and to support a great room and great people. A couple of the staff were so damn happy to be back to work that they had a tear in their eye! :smile:

Hope they get the place fully operational soon, looks like nice place. If the what if crybabies don't like it. Stay home, and play video games in your safe space.

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sincerely hope those that choose to go about their lives as they always did do not contract this virus. Some definitely will get it and I wonder how they are going to feel then. News clips abound of those who initially dismissed the virus and later contracted it. Haven't seen one yet that states it was no big deal. How would you feel knowing you may have passed on the virus to a loved one or someone at the pool hall? That factor changes the equation very greatly in my opinion.

I think the reason we don't hear of the mild cases in the press, is simply because the press is more in the business of sensationalizing and hyping rather than of reporting anything as boring as cases with mild symptoms and quick recoveries. I do know a couple of people that have had it, and for the one it was absolutely like a mild cold. For the other, a lady with significant compromises in her health due to anorexia, it was 4 very uncomfortable days in the hospital and a few weeks of recovery at home during which she was not ill but very tired. No ventilator or ICU required, though.

If I were going to get it I probably would have gotten it at that time because I was with her regularly before and during her hospitalization and after she went home. This preceded the official outbreak in the US by about a month, before any of the medical facilities had put the current safeguards in place so her visitors were not restricted. Her fiance and 3-year-old son were also with her much of the time. None of us have had any significant symptoms other than I did have a very minor cough for a few days. No fever, no shortness of breath, lethargy, etc.. She was not tested at the time she was hospitalized, but she does test positive for the antibodies now. None of the rest of us have been tested.