The 1-ball resistance draw?

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
I've seen Venom and Tombuzz do this succesfully on Youtube. I went out and tried it and I can't do it, lol.

Larry Nevel also does this in a Youtube video I've watched SEVERAL times.

I've done the 4 or 5 ball resistance draw and it works great, but when I freeze the cue ball to just one ball and try to draw the cue ball, it just pushes through the ball frozen to it.

What's the secret??? Stroke purity? Better mechanics? Power?

For reference here is TomBuzz's website...
http://www.tombuzztrickshots.com/stroke.html SHOT #6 from the Top.

Thanks guys!!! Just tryin to get some more stuff to practice around with.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
post a youtube link for me. i cna't check out your linked video because i'm using an apple. i'm guessing it's gotta be a foul

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWtyPrgn2VA It's a Larry Nevel video.

Check at 3 minutes into this video. Only runs maybe 45 seconds of footage, but clearly evident what I'm looking for, lol. Doesn't look like a foul at first, but his cue may pocket the 8ball. The second shot doesnt look like a foul either, but either way awesome stroke shot.

Last edited:

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
I was unaware of the possibility of having an ever so slight gap there. I'll keep practicing with that. Can only get better, lol.

Thanks for your input fellas!!!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was unaware of the possibility of having an ever so slight gap there. I'll keep practicing with that. Can only get better, lol.

Thanks for your input fellas!!!

It's got to be more than tiny. A quarter-inch is about standard for that kind of shot. Be sure to use lots of inside english to avoid the second hit.

Robert Raiford

The Voice of CaromTV
Silver Member
If you're currently using a low deflection shaft, you may find it easier to learn the shot by temporarily switching to a high deflection shaft. It makes it easier to avoid the deadly double hit by allowing the cue to be pointed further off-center for the same tip offset.

Frequently - but not always - in these types of close draw or follow shots, there's what Semih Sayginer once described to me as a "small" foul that doesn't affect the outcome. Good luck refereeing a match where this comes up :)

Robert