Edmonton Billiard Halls

be1163

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be going to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada in 3 weeks on business and was wondering where the pool hall's are. I know I will be staying close to the Mall & I will be there Tuesday to Saturday.

Thanks,

Greg

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
be1163 said:
I will be going to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada in 3 weeks on business and was wondering where the pool hall's are. I know I will be staying close to the Mall & I will be there Tuesday to Saturday.

Thanks,

Greg

Cue Club at 15121 Stoney Plain road is supposedly a good place. I've not been there, but the few I've visited in downtown are nothing more than trendy drinking establishments (red cloth at one as I recall). Several folks have recommended the Cue Club to me (after my last visit), and I trust their opinions. The supergreenman will hopefully chime in soon on this, he'd be our local expert.

Dave

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
Hi Greg, There's a few good places to play in Edmonton. The Cue Club as Dave stated is a good one. They have 9-ball tournaments on Fridays. The tables are old but maintained. The lighting could be better.

There's also Reds at West Edmonton Mall, it was once a nice place to play, but they didn't maintain the tables. They have beautifull Brunswicks that have been used and abused by kids. Now they just make me want to cry.

The Metro downtown has the best tables, hottest waitresses and highest prices. 8 ball tournaments on Tuesday nights. By far the swankiest place in town.

The Highrun Club on the East end of town is open 24 hours and has nice tables.

North side has:
- Finnigans, (slow cloth, dead rails and unpredictable pockets)
- Lancasters..... (wrong side of town)(wrong side of town)(wrong side of town)

Southside:
-Suzy Qs on the deep Southside, I haven't been there so I can't comment on it.
And on our party street (whyte Ave. south of downtown and across the river) there's 3 rooms:
- The Billiards club slow cloth but good tables. some tight spots around the tables.
- Brews and Cues is downstairs in a basement and a little dingy.
- keg N Q not a bad room tables are in good shape.

I'm sure between a Tuesday and Saturday I will have a free night or two I could get out and meet you someplace if you're into it. Drop me a PM