I would like to discuss 2 subjects, extnsions and finishes

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I am working on putting all the needed tooling to get my lathe up and running, I would like to discuss who sells the needed parts for extension building. As far as I know there are 2 different types of parts can be purchased for making an extension, outside of what the major producers sell for their own cues, one is sold by the cue maker who makes them and the other from cue man, or unique I cant recall exactly. So any and all input as to which one is liked the most, without someone being butt hurt over recommendations, would be great and I would be thankful for insight to making extension with matching wood or what has found to be different material that also works.

I would also like to discuss finishes and what method works the best with some reservations, I have watched as a CA finish was being applied to my own cue and was impressed with how easy it was to apply, since then I have watched several Utube videos of the process as it is applied to Pens. I do understand that there are some who dislike the process and feel that it is a little to brittle especially where it nears the end of an item be it cue butt or shaft. It has been a long time since I have used a big spray gun and always had a tendency to be a little heavy handed and had runs, I have in the recent past been using air brush guns to spray leather work that I was doing such as belts and holsters, but even then was still a little heavy handed but didn't have to worry so much about excessive spray as the leather would not show as much. So I would like to hear what Y'all like to use, the ease in which it is to apply, without the need for a big arse spray booth, compressor, or gun to apply. Just maybe I have made to many stipulations for good results but would still like to hear what Y'all have to say!

Thanks

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Get your lathe up and running first .

I suggest epoxy finish . Get a cheap wood lathe for that .

96supersport

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Extension hardware

Go to Dunkel or Tom Migliore for extension hardware. Both really good products.

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it is a grizzly lathe that I have to work with right now, where can I locate contact info for Tom? When I googled his name a sparse FB page came up that had a web address that took me to a Chinese page.
thanks