We're not all the same...

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Putting this in the main forum so it might get moved, but I just want to say we're not all the same. Not even close. We don't all communicate or socialize or interact the same way as each other. For those who can, count your blessings because there are many who can't. People are born differently and they have a right to exist without harassment. If they follow the rules, that's good enough for me. People like that have often been ridiculed their entire lives. Suggesting to be tolerant and patient and appreciate your fellow man. They need your support.

Last edited:

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Expand on that a bit Tate.

I'm not sure what you're talking about but...if it has anything to do with COVID then I understand what you're saying.

I posted a few weeks ago that I won a tournament after my little bar (2 tables) opened back up. Since then, they have been told to remove the pool sticks, the darts, and the shuffle board pucks.

The owner has now posted a letter on the front door with 5 reasons why masks are bad for you. He also posted a tweet from AOC that was completely false.

I had a talk with him last week and tried to encourage him to not let politics get in the way of his business his livelihood and he was hell bent on believing this whole thing is a hoax.

I told him...:even if it is a hoax, you're losing 50% of your business" and he still couldn't understand it

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Seriously, wtf?

Oh and the bar owner is losing 50% because of politicians so how is it not political?
To each their own but this thread is...???

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Oh boy. Haven’t seen a cryptic post in....minutes on here.

Elaborate.

Now I feel dumb for saying this, but I'm talking about the way we're born. Some members here obviously communicate differently and I am suggesting we all try to be understanding. I think for the most part we are a pretty understanding group. Pool players have pretty much seen it all.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Why is this in the main section?

I'm sorry I won't be more specific but it's because I'm referring to posts in the main section about pool and it would be lost in NPR. Just asking everybody to try to be understanding dealing with others.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Suggesting to be tolerant and patient and appreciate your fellow man. They need your support.

big up TATE
while we might not all appear the same
we all live on this blue/green covered rock
moving around, bumping into each other
sometimes with just a glance, sometimes with force
but whatever the impact, none of us are immune to its effects
and although we might end up in different places
we still share this space together
so shouldn't we try to get along?

signed,
the seven ball

MooseKnuckle

Registered
Expand on that a bit Tate.

I'm not sure what you're talking about but...if it has anything to do with COVID then I understand what you're saying.

I posted a few weeks ago that I won a tournament after my little bar (2 tables) opened back up. Since then, they have been told to remove the pool sticks, the darts, and the shuffle board pucks.

The owner has now posted a letter on the front door with 5 reasons why masks are bad for you. He also posted a tweet from AOC that was completely false.

I had a talk with him last week and tried to encourage him to not let politics get in the way of his business his livelihood and he was hell bent on believing this whole thing is a hoax.

I told him...:even if it is a hoax, you're losing 50% of your business" and he still couldn't understand it

This bar owner is likely pissed off after being ordered to remove the items you mentioned.

All these business closure rules are arbitrary and corrupt.

You are correct in that people vote with their wallets when a business voices an opinion but it can go both ways. For every patron they might lose they also gain new customers and loyalties for exhibiting a backbone.

worktheknight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This post is just my opinion and not a direct response other than possibly to the bar owner.
I am a small business with 30 + employees and we are essential to the military, medical and
agriculture industries. With 75 % of us who have been here at least 25 to 40 years, every
morning, we check temperatures not only to employees, but anyone who walks in our doors,
we do paperwork concerning the 7 questions the government asks us to do.
We know who is scared of the covid-19 and who don't believe in it. We disinfect every day.
I choose to wear a mask, I understand why most people wish not to,
however, if I contract this virus, I at least know I am not passing it on, really don't care
about adults as they have their own opinion and can make up their mind.
I just am not comfortable that if I pass it on to an adult, then they give it to a child,
it would crush me to know I was the carrier. It certainly happens and though I am not
100 % sure if I am a carrier or not, I am trying to protect my knowledge to the
best of my abilities. My opinion only, I do not judge other people.

I can not fathom owning a bar or restaurant as to try and follow the guidelines that are put
in front of business owners would be exhausting. I am sure, a percentage of patrons who
take offense to be approached at all in these manors, just adds to the overall frustrations.

If the food and entertainment business is under the same guidelines that I am under,
states may vary along with types of business, but, if it's true, I don't know how the heck
to attempt to be open.

Again, my opinions only, not stepping on anyone's thoughts, but, it's a difficult situation if
you truly care about your employees, vendors, customers, yes, just people as a whole.

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
Putting this in the main forum so it might get moved, but I just want to say we're not all the same. Not even close. We don't all communicate or socialize or interact the same way as each other. For those who can, count your blessings because there are many who can't. People are born differently and they have a right to exist without harassment. If they follow the rules, that's good enough for me. People like that have often been ridiculed their entire lives. Suggesting to be tolerant and patient and appreciate your fellow man. They need your support.

Well said as usual, thank you.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member

Okay, but $8 is still pretty cheap.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
...so, the kiddy's not getting back to public skooling will not find out
if they're a boy or a girl soon enough, by compulsorily order?

tolerance is very ____________!

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
I miss the days when, if someone had an issue with you, they just said something. Instead, we are now all "inclusive", and we hand out participant ribbons, and we just freely hand out respect, without so much as earning anything.

I believe in helping your fellow man. What I don't believe in, is being used by my fellow man. I get what you're saying, TATE, but the vast majority of posters on here get along, and even when we have a difference of opinion, we hug it out in the end, and have a beer. When the odd NIT comes along and ruins things, sometimes a firm hand needs to be applied. Justin has come on this forum, and for the 6+ years that I have seen his various iterations, nothing good ever comes from any of them. His MOM even ended up on the forum, calling us all bullies. Justin doesn't need a kinder, gentler NG. He needs a swift kick in the ass from daddy, and he needs to learn that someone offering him some tough words of advice isn't bullying.

Sometimes, someone gets a beating that is warranted. That's life.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I miss the days when, if someone had an issue with you, they just said something. Instead, we are now all "inclusive", and we hand out participant ribbons, and we just freely hand out respect, without so much as earning anything.

I believe in helping your fellow man. What I don't believe in, is being used by my fellow man. I get what you're saying, TATE, but the vast majority of posters on here get along, and even when we have a difference of opinion, we hug it out in the end, and have a beer. When the odd NIT comes along and ruins things, sometimes a firm hand needs to be applied. Justin has come on this forum, and for the 6+ years that I have seen his various iterations, nothing good ever comes from any of them. His MOM even ended up on the forum, calling us all bullies. Justin doesn't need a kinder, gentler NG. He needs a swift kick in the ass from daddy, and he needs to learn that someone offering him some tough words of advice isn't bullying.

Sometimes, someone gets a beating that is warranted. That's life.
Well said. Heck, this is a forum full of pool players. You need a pretty thick skin to take whatever barbs come your way. Troll-artists are gonna get hammered so they better be able to just take it and move on. I do know of one poster who apparently does have some actual issues that tend to make his threads kinda bizarre. I think most probably know who it is, if not just pm me.