best bar table player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am sure this has been done before but things change quickly in the pool world

this is a question for the game makers, stake horses and handicappers

with the recent ring game in olathe i was curious who the best all around bar table player is gambling or tournament

i know this is all opinion and speculation but people regard bar table playing differently than 9'

i was speaking to a very strong bar table player today about justin and he said his big table game is much better than the bar table

when i asked his opinion on the best he gave me an unexpected answer

he believes that even though he does not play on the bar tables much that archer may be the best stating that no one ever gets to see him play
and has become out of sight out of mind to most viewers

i realize most pros do not play these bar table tournaments much because of the large fields and small payouts but the way some move the cue ball i.e. corey deuel and can break open clusters and the great pocketing skills of all the top players why the do not come in these conversations

Woof

Registered
The bigger the prize the more Justin will show. I don't believe Justin ever plays full speed. He doesn't have to. He just tends to play better and better the more money involved. I don't think any player in the world can get there on any table with him if the money is high enough he might just one day show his true full speed.

donny mills

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Woof said:
The bigger the prize the more Justin will show. I don't believe Justin ever plays full speed. He doesn't have to. He just tends to play better and better the more money involved. I don't think any player in the world can get there on any table with him if the money is high enough he might just one day show his true full speed.

Justin who?

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
1129 said:
i am sure this has been done before but things change quickly in the pool world

this is a question for the game makers, stake horses and handicappers

with the recent ring game in olathe i was curious who the best all around bar table player is gambling or tournament

i know this is all opinion and speculation but people regard bar table playing differently than 9'

i was speaking to a very strong bar table player today about justin and he said his big table game is much better than the bar table

when i asked his opinion on the best he gave me an unexpected answer

he believes that even though he does not play on the bar tables much that archer may be the best stating that no one ever gets to see him play
and has become out of sight out of mind to most viewers

i realize most pros do not play these bar table tournaments much because of the large fields and small payouts but the way some move the cue ball i.e. corey deuel and can break open clusters and the great pocketing skills of all the top players why the do not come in these conversations

he is right about archer archer and deuel two of the best for sure

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
woof i did watch justin play in mobile on a bar table and run over most of his opponents he did not look like he was tyring all that hard at all i have heard he is a ball pocketing machine and that if he really kept his head in the game he could become great i watched him play morra and he was quite impressive
of all of the young players i have watched including wu he makes it look much more natural than the rest

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that's for sure
he plays great in any shape or form
i watched the infamous match with pickle and a beer every 15 mins and he still played good after however many it was they had

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
Neil said:
While J.K. plays good enough to beat Corey or Johnny in some sets, or even a few 8 or 10 ahead matches, they will win in the long run.

Agreed. I have heard of a few instances where a "bar box champion" steps up and woofs at one of the top pros to play on the barbox, and then gets murdered.

The top champions are not just top champions because they can run out. They are top champions because they can run a 5 pack on you right after you ran a 4 pack on them.

A lot of regional champs just can't fade the heat of possible 5-6 pack EVERY time they leave the edge of a ball on the barbox.

If anyone wants to match Bergman up against Johnny for a nice long race on the barbox, I'll guarantee $2,000.00 in action.

:D :D :D

Russ

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd take Archer or ANY world champion over any bar box top gun that doesn't play world class on a 9 footer

I suspect Darren Appleton would be damn good being that he's world class in both American and english pool

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
pretty much EVERYONE that played in the Olatha ring game can beat every single other bar table champion. At that level I really think it comes down to who get's going early, has some good rolls, and strings racks together. Any one of those guys can do that. and no one really has to like it. Justin played VERY WELL (obviously) but he also had some good luck in key situations ( you have to to win) IMO just about any one of those guys could have come away with the cheese. even that washed up old timer .... matlock <---- I'm being totally and completely sarcastic . I was rooting for dave so hard I think I sprained something

Da Bank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i don't have any idea whether Efren has a lot of bar box experience.. but i'm pretty sure he's the best as he is the master of all things pool. I would never bet against Efren.

I'll take Efren driving a bus full of Philipinos at Daytona over Jeff Gordon.

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Woof said:
I don't think any player in the world can get there on any table with him if the money is high enough he might just one day show his true full speed.

:scratchhead: So you are saying that Justin is the best player in the world for money? He is a great player and he did great this last weekend, but I think this is a pretty bold statement saying that nobody in the world can get there against him on any table.

CharlesUFarley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately, I didn't get to see a lot of Matlock's game during the ring game, but I watched him warm up for a coupla minutes before it started and I REALLY like the way he hits the ball.

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched Matlock for the first time during the ring game. Wow! He really is one of the best, if not the best. On one shot, he three rail kicked the cue ball, with heavy english, through traffic,, caromed off the object ball and made the next. It was obvious he was lining this up. It was not luck.

219Dave

Pool is my therapy
Silver Member
This may be a boneheaded question, but when we're talking about who's the best on a bar table, are we talking just about 8-ball on a bar table?

gotgame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corey Duel
Jesse Bowman
SVB
ORCULLO NOT SURE ABOUT SPELLING?
ARCHER
KIRKWOOD
MATLOCK
BANKS JR
MCMINN