Milk Dds

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where is the current best place to buy the Milk Dud tips? I finally decided to give them a try. Do they last as long as a kamui Black Soft?

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
The Milk Dds with a u in them last longer. :wink:

He must have assumed most pool players prefer a double "D" over a "dud"! :p

I have been playing Jeff's (pooldawg8) milk dud tips for years...tried to switch away from them, but keep going back...

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
I have been a big fan of pooldawg8 milk duds for sometime now.

If you are expecting something like a soft Kamui. You may be in for a big suprize.

Larry

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lately

Le Pro. I think there are maybe 3 good ones to a box. Milk duds when they go bad will make you swear you lost your stroke. They work till they don't.

Nick :)

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Calling Pooldawg8

Hey Pooldawg8. How can I get your Milk Dud tips and how much are they?

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread made me actually drive to Walgreens for a box of milk duds plus since it was 4-4 I got lemon heads warhead worms and those Carmel w vanilla in the middle things. Basically when I od on sugar it's azbilliards fault

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
Le Pro. I think there are maybe 3 good ones to a box. Milk duds when they go bad will make you swear you lost your stroke. They work till they don't.

Nick,
Can you expound on what you mean here. I'm truly curious as to what went bad, or how they went bad.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have a milk dud on my Meucci PRO and it plays good. I had another one that came with the same batch I bought and it played like crap on another maple shaft I had. It felt "dead"...like you were hitting with a piece of cardboard on the end of your cue.

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a milk dud on my Meucci PRO and it plays good. I had another one that came with the same batch I bought and it played like crap on another maple shaft I had. It felt "dead"...like you were hitting with a piece of cardboard on the end of your cue.

This is interesting to me. I ordered some Dawg duds a while back and had one installed and it had what I would assume is the same "dead" feeling you're describing, hated it. After seeing the great reviews still coming in on them I decided to try one more on the new shaft I had built for my player. Seriously the best tip I've ever played with. Love it and it's from the same batch.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
How would you rate the hardness of pooldawg8's milk duds soft, medium , or hard ?

I think they play like a medium hard tip personally. They don't mushroom much, hold chalk well, and I don't miscue much with them.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pooldawg8 tips all the way! They play pretty firm but don't feel rock hard. The grip is where the magic lies. Hit like med hard and grip like soft. I'll never use another tip as long as I can get them.

Jeff is also lightning fast in fulfilling orders. I ordered my last batch on Friday afternoon, I had one on my stick on Monday afternoon.