CTE questions

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great player, way before taking a CTE lesson. I've watched this interview before, and instead of focus on the praise he gives to Stan and CTE pro1, listen to how he talks about using the system. Listen to when he says he needs to get back into it. The interview isn't exactly a glowing endorsement.

You are right, it's not a glowing endorsement. His words today about CTE though are a glowing endorsement. He loves it.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a video where Stan makes 1 2 and 3 rail bank shots with a curtain. It is impressive. Of course there is a little secret that few seem to know. I asked Low500 if he knew the secret but he avoided the question. Stan played nothing but bank pool for about the first 8 or so years that he played pool. He was a decent bank pool player by the age of 10. To this day, his favorite game is bank pool. Stan learned CTE probably 50 years after he became proficient at banks. Seems like something that should be disclosed, but that's just me talking crazy.

He didn't bank with a curtain before CTE. Full disclosure for you.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ahh, yes, I'm baiting you by asking for an answer to a question. I even avoided all snarkiness just to see if we could have an adult conversation. You proved again that that isn't possible, but I understand. It is an "emperor has no clothes" kind of thing. I've seen disciples speak out against the orthodoxy in the past and the consequences are not good. (Before you get upset that I'm using religious terms, recall that Stan does so himself regarding CTE on a couple of his videos).

Regarding Hal, I'm not sure why you keep asking about that. You seem to think I never spoke to him. I recall it clearly. I was at my table with a phone and he talked me through several shots. Told me to divide the ob in to 3 vertical lines and aim either the center or edge of the cb at one of the lines. I asked how I should point the cue and he said to forget all that and just line up the shot to one of the lines and shoot.

Looking back on it I think Hal must have understood that the pivoting is what makes the shots go and just doing it enough without worrying about exactly how you pivot gives you the experience to pocket balls. Makes me wonder what he would think of the claim that all these shots can be made with the exact same pivot. I also never understood why Hal's system had to be improved by Stan with two lines if it worked like magic and everybody from Greenleaf on down used it.

You've asked the same question 50 times, you've gotten the same answer 50 times, you've never believed that answer. Only reason to keep asking is to bait someone.

Never heard of that system you describe from Hal. Stan has broken down Hal's CTE because he wanted to and Hal wanted him to. Stan completed the system.

I ask what you know because your posting says you know very little. Figured i'd try one last time to help you out.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a parlor trick. Any pro-level pool player only needs to see half the table to calculate a bank shot. When you watch pros playing bank pool, they spend very little time looking at the pocket, they are looking away from it and using the geometry of the part of the table they can see to determine how to hit the shot.

Justin Hall says he uses systems to bank with. I asked him just last week.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You've asked the same question 50 times, you've gotten the same answer 50 times, you've never believed that answer. Only reason to keep asking is to bait someone.

Never heard of that system you describe from Hal. Stan has broken down Hal's CTE because he wanted to and Hal wanted him to. Stan completed the system.

I ask what you know because your posting says you know very little. Figured i'd try one last time to help you out.

Amazing how true to form you are. Even when I broadcast that you are going to attack the messenger and avoid any kind of direct answer you follow right through with it.

I'm not going to hound you about this. I don't care what system you use. Just do us a favor and stop spreading unsupportable BS that can hurt a new player's game. There is no such thing as pocketing balls unless you make use of the shot line. Well, unless you use Poolology, that is...

Have a good evening.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amazing how true to form you are. Even when I broadcast that you are going to attack the messenger and avoid any kind of direct answer you follow right through with it.

I'm not going to hound you about this. I don't care what system you use. Just do us a favor and stop spreading unsupportable BS that can hurt a new player's game. There is no such thing as pocketing balls unless you make use of the shot line. Well, unless you use Poolology, that is...

Have a good evening.

LMAO. What an ...... New players use poololgy, the inventor said so himself, Pro's and top amateurs graduate to CTE. Get back with us after completing your poolology exam.

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attack the messenger, lmao. Lets have a pity party for poor Dan

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Attack the messenger, lmao. Lets have a pity party for poor Dan

You are excellent at missing the point. You can call me an idiot or a dog or whatever. The point is that you can't seem to help yourself. I pose a rational question that has yet to be answered. I predict that you will attack the questioner and avoid a reasonable answer and then BAM! right on cue you do exactly that!

An emotional outburst from a perfectly reasonable question is telling. Stan has left you guys hanging out there without a lifeline for a very long time.

I'll have to leave the last word to you. If I keep asking reasonable questions history says someone will start crying crocodile tears and try to get me banned.

Again, have a good evening!

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are excellent at missing the point. You can call me an idiot or a dog or whatever. The point is that you can't seem to help yourself. I pose a rational question that has yet to be answered. I predict that you will attack the questioner and avoid a reasonable answer and then BAM! right on cue you do exactly that!

An emotional outburst from a perfectly reasonable question is telling. Stan has left you guys hanging out there without a lifeline for a very long time.

I'll have to leave the last word to you. If I keep asking reasonable questions history says someone will start crying crocodile tears and try to get me banned.

Again, have a good evening!

Dan, you are truly remarkable. Patience, persistence, logic, and a kind heart. You'd have been a fabulous 5th Grade Teacher.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dan, you are truly remarkable. Patience, persistence, logic, and a kind heart. You'd have been a fabulous 5th Grade Teacher.

Are you saying Dan belongs in a 5th grade classroom, lol. Had to, it was to easy.
Boxcar, which pool hall do you play at in Tampa?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Evidence that someone can be successful using a particular approach is not evidence that you need that approach to be successful.

It's also not evidence you can't. And a tried and proven method by a pro is a good place to start. How do you bank and how good would you consider yourself to be at it?