"inner" Edge?

oldmanatc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is about the most fruitless discussion I think I've ever been in. I was hoping by being a voice of moderation, maybe the heat of the discussion could calm down enough so that we could have discussions as CTEr's. As a novice player, it would be nice to learn from more experienced players who wouldn't constantly badger me about how I make the balls go in the pockets. I guess unfortunately this is just a pipe dream.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
This is about the most fruitless discussion I think I've ever been in.

How do you think you'd feel if you had been going through this for the last 19 years with the SAME person on your back telling you that you "THINK" you're seeing and doing something you're not because it can't possibly work due to science and logic or some other horsesh!t reason?

That same person would be Patrick Johnson and he has IN FACT been doing it for 19 years!! Get used to it because he's never going to stop until being lowered underground in a coffin. (maybe cremated with his ashes being spread on his favorite keyboard)

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have said before and I think its fair to Stan, who is the sole proprietor of the system to not go into too much detail. The points are references to find the CTE Line.

Hal's system was incomplete. The addition of points 'A' and 'C' refined his system. The addition of the 1/8th perception refined it even further. I can say this, but without intimate knowledge of the system, sadly it won't ever be understood.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

You made 5 shots using the left ECB to "A" in the same pocket.
Where will 5 shots using the left ECB to "B", "C" and "1/8" go?

Most of these shots force me away from the initial CTE visual when I seek the left ECB to "C" and "1/8".

Be well

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
English, can you explain to me what this post contributed to this conversation?

Hi Big E,

I wish you were a man of a few more words...

but I certainly understand why you are not...

at least here in this forum.

Stay Well,
Rick

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
"inner" Edge?

You made 5 shots using the left ECB to "A" in the same pocket.

Where will 5 shots using the left ECB to "B", "C" and "1/8" go?

Most of these shots force me away from the initial CTE visual when I seek the left ECB to "C" and "1/8".

Be well

I just went and tested these shots.

B OUTSIDE: same a A INSIDE.

B INSIDE: three rail bank to corner pocket beneath shooter.

C OUTSIDE: one rail bank to opposite corner.

C INSIDE: two rail bank to same pocket as A INSIDE.

1/8 (both): no practical shots, bounces between rails.

[edit] forgot one. A OUTSIDE: bank back under.

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
English, can you explain to me what this post contributed to this conversation?

Hi Mike,

Without a long dissertation the likes of which I have been told you are not fond of...

it was simply a conveyance to Big E, of whom I think I am on good terms, my wish for him to, in general, be more elaborative with more detail in the posts that he chooses to make because most of his are suggestive but very open ended as to their real intention & real meaning. He is rather ambiguous & more so at times than others.

Based on our past communications, I think he knew what I was saying without me saying it in a more detailed manner.

I am also on good terms with oldmanatc & may be the only member that knows what 'atc' means & his first name.

In fact, we had a PM exchange earlier today where I said some things rather similar to what Lamas, Big E was relaying. So there was no need to go into it again for his sake, as we had already had a back & forth communication.

I guess I should stop there so as not go into a long dissertation.

That said, I can see how You might see my post in another light & perhaps see it as 'unnecessary'. That said, if every post made on AZB was necessary, how many would there really be?

Best Wishes,
Rick

Last edited:

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just went and tested these shots.

B OUTSIDE: same a A INSIDE.

B INSIDE: three rail bank to corner pocket beneath shooter.

C OUTSIDE: one rail bank to opposite corner.

C INSIDE: two rail bank to same pocket as A INSIDE.

1/8 (both): no practical shots, bounces between rails.

[edit] forgot one. A OUTSIDE: bank back under.

Thanks for the confirmation that the cut angles change.

At "C" and "1/8", can you still see the CTE line?

Be well

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Mike,

Without a long dissertation the likes of which I have been told you are not fond of...

it was simply a conveyance to Big E, of whom I think I am on good terms, my wish for him to, in general, be more elaborative with more detail in the posts that he chooses to make because most of his are suggestive but very open ended as to their real intention & real meaning. He is rather ambiguous & more so at times than others.

Based on our past communications, I think he knew what I was saying without me saying it in a more detailed manner.

I am also on good terms with oldmanatc & may be the only member that knows what 'atc' means & his first name.

In fact, we had a PM exchange earlier today where I said some things rather similar to what Lamas, Big E was relaying. So there was no need to go into it again for his sake, as we had already had a back & forth communication.

I guess I should stop there so as not go into a long dissertation.

That said, I can see how You might see my post in another light & perhaps see it as 'unnecessary'. That said, if every post made on AZB was necessary, how many would there really be?

Best Wishes,
Rick

English,

I have learned to be terse and parsimonious or I lose the thought. I seek the answers to one question at a time to sustain a continuity upon which I can understand an build upon.

If too much info is proffered or requested, it is hard to digest and retain. Once I achieve or receive the answers to my curiosity, I see little reason to persist and move on to other topics of interest.

We don't get paid to post or create threads and even if they are/were useful, one doesn't get enough positive feedback to know that they were, so I remain parsimonious. In doing so, I hope that I am not too ironic.

Enjoy and be well

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the confirmation that the cut angles change.

At "C" and "1/8", can you still see the CTE line?

Be well

How do you not know the answer to this?

It's on the DVD. It may even be in one of the support videos on Youtube.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
English,

I have learned to be terse and parsimonious or I lose the thought. I seek the answers to one question at a time to sustain a continuity upon which I can understand an build upon.

If too much info is proffered or requested, it is hard to digest and retain. Once I achieve or receive the answers to my curiosity, I see little reason to persist and move on to other topics of interest.

We don't get paid to post or create threads and even if they are/were useful, one doesn't get enough positive feedback to know that they were, so I remain parsimonious. In doing so, I hope that I am not too ironic.

Enjoy and be well

Yes, we are all different & learn differently.

As a child, I wanted it ALL. I wanted to know it all & had a ton of unanswered questions that were seeded by insufficient information given to reach the real true end. It took me quite a while to learn to just sit & wait while matters where explained over & over & over again when I got it the first time & wanted to move on to the rest of the information to get to the FINAL conclusion.

I would often read a few chapters ahead in school unless one was written poorly & I would need to ask the teacher one question & his or her answer would make it all fall into place, then I was again reading on.

I often had questions about one or two chapters ahead of where the class was being taught & the teacher would NOT answer my question because 'we' were not there yet.

Yes we all learn differently & at different paces & have different 'thirst' levels.

You Be, Stay, & Shoot Well... & certainly do what is best for YOU.
Rick

PS I bet we could have some good conversations over a couple of bowls of peanuts.

Last edited: