Schmelke spam

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
WoW People!

The OP came here to ask if others have had the same problem.
How else was he supposed to figure the spam out?
He never accused......just asked if others have ever had a similar problem.

You guys are the Snowflakes of the Cue Sports World!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WoW People!

The OP came here to ask if others have had the same problem.
How else was he supposed to figure the spam out?
He never accused......just asked if others have ever had a similar problem.

You guys are the Snowflakes of the Cue Sports World!
Did you read the last sentence of OP's post? Calling them out was exactly what he did. Thanks for being our moral compass tho.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Thanks for being our moral compass tho.

PCTKB, Dude!

OK....you are right that he asked Schmelke if they did it for the money, but.....
That is what you do when you are trying to solve a mystery.

Sorry.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PCTKB, Dude!

OK....you are right that he asked Schmelke if they did it for the money, but.....
That is what you do when you are trying to solve a mystery.

Sorry.
You defended him not me. Instead of waiting to find out the source of his spam-attack he goes on a forum and takes a shot at a very well respected company. You think he's not gonna get blasted on here?? Not happening. Don't like it feel free to put me on "Ignore". I'll take it as a compliment.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
Agree 100%. Get your facts in order prior to slinging sH*t on an open forum. Major d^*k move. No one but him has had issues. Probably HIS email acct is screwed up not theirs. I've corresp. with them via email quite a few times and not one issue.

You know garczar, you and I agree on a lot of stuff in another section of AZB. Surprised you're getting bent out of shape here. It's not d..k move.

I'm not slinging crap. You are acting like the media w qpq. Filling in gaps.

At least one in every crowd.

How much simpler could I have made it? Ordered a case, now I'm overrun w spam. What gives? Btw, no one can prove they didn't sell my email just as I can't prove they did. I really have no idea. I kinda hoped Schmelke might come here and post that I'm full of it and I would look elsewhere.

If I wake up in the morning puking, I instantly look back at what I ate the day before. Oh, I went to that restaurant I've never been to, everything else I ate was the same ole, same ole. Is it reasonable for me to think that new restaurant made me sick? Of course it is.

What are the odds that a company that sells primarily on the web sold my email? Hmmm, that never happens right?

My sincerest apologies to all you Schmelke fans that got butt hurt for me asking if this is a possibility.

Smh, unfknbelievable.

I'll just go back to NPR where triggering people is with intent instead of just asking a simple question and getting flamed.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
You know garczar, you and I agree on a lot of stuff in another section of AZB. Surprised you're getting bent out of shape here. It's not d..k move.

I'm not slinging crap. You are acting like the media w qpq. Filling in gaps.

At least one in every crowd.

How much simpler could I have made it? Ordered a case, now I'm overrun w spam. What gives? Btw, no one can prove they didn't sell my email just as I can't prove they did. I really have no idea. I kinda hoped Schmelke might come here and post that I'm full of it and I would look elsewhere.

If I wake up in the morning puking, I instantly look back at what I ate the day before. Oh, I went to that restaurant I've never been to, everything else I ate was the same ole, same ole. Is it reasonable for me to think that new restaurant made me sick? Of course it is.

What are the odds that a company that sells primarily on the web sold my email? Hmmm, that never happens right?

My sincerest apologies to all you Schmelke fans that got butt hurt for me asking if this is a possibility.

Smh, unfknbelievable.

I'll just go back to NPR where triggering people is with intent instead of just asking a simple question and getting flamed.

Relax, broseph. No one's getting butt hurt but you. The title of your thread is Schmelke spam.... by design this wasn't going to go well for you.......

To your point of topic, I can see how you might think that Schmelke maybe/might have had something to do with some emails your getting, being as that's the last time you remember "entering" your email into a form of any sort. Definitely doesn't mean it's the last time your email was seen.

Please keep in mind that your name goes through a multitude of computers a day, your banking information maybe about half that. Everything you look for/buy/search/or happen to come across, absolutely everything, is dumped into a translation table - logged - X'ref'd for compatibility in buying habits and likelihood to shop there, and then re-disbursed into clearnet where multiple sourcing agents can view it for click-baiting and ad sourcing.

Bottom line - if we're on a clearnet site, cookies and search algorithms are going to populate. We don't have to type our email into a site to get pinged with spam. All we have to do is go there and look. If it says ".com" ".org" or ".gov" ".net" or any country code top-level domain -- it's definitely tracked for what you're looking at to buy, on top of a bunch of other factors.

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
surely you've visited other sites in a week and half, could be anybody. Never had problems with Schmelke.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
surely you've visited other sites in a week and half, could be anybody. Never had problems with Schmelke.
Exactly, spam is just part of using email/internet. How are you going to track it to one entity? How is anyone on a forum going to tell you "Yes, this is where it originated"? Not gonna happen. I must have a good blocker 'cause i rarely,maybe 2-3/month, get ads/spam. When i do i never check it, just axe it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duFierM1yDg

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stfu, I'm not ripping on them. Settle down.

I buy a case from them, give them my email, nothing else has changed of my internet use and now I'm getting tons of spam.

I knew there would be somebody who would react as you did, get over it. As I said, I'm not bashing on them. Did you see the original post where I asked, has anyone else experienced this?

Wow. So sensitive.

Bullshit, that's exactly what you did and implied with your original post and thread title. Flat out accused them of "selling" your email address. No point trying to weasel out of it.

Delete the thread if you didn't really mean it - it's still here.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On a positive note for Schmelke, I just got another cue made by them.

Purple heart into ebony 4 prong butt. Custom specs, 30", glass pin etc. With a 314-3 shaft on there, it pings just like I like it. :thumbup:

48983989587_d68058b117_z.jpg

48983239603_abf4beeabc_z.jpg

48978083918_67ba9a062e_b.jpg
Hey River, great looking Schmelke, I love the Purpleheart/Ebony combo.
One question - is that electrical tape on the handles of your case, and if so, why?

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey River, great looking Schmelke, I love the Purpleheart/Ebony combo.
One question - is that electrical tape on the handles of your case, and if so, why?

No, its tommy tape. Its a self sealing rubber tape used for lots of different things.

I didnt like the feel of the material on the original handles, and I use tommy tape a lot, so it was an easy fix.

Here is another JB case, and another purpleheart Schmelke. Same thing on the case handles.
48492058287_942b896c7a_h.jpg