September 11, 2001 Re-Visited

Charles M

Registered
I'm posting this for SJDinPHX. Both the poem and the comments following afterwards are entirely attributable to him.

One bright September morning, evil rained down from the sky;
the mighty buildings crumbled, and innocents would die.
The soul of our great nation was shaken to its core,
the strong and brave rushed in to help, and we lost even more.

Defying human dignity, another pain was borne
as hate filled zealots worlds away were laughing as we mourned.
So is there one among us not filled with righteous rage
that they commit these horrors upon our grandest stage?

Do these crazed manufacturers of terror, pain and strife
think we'll forsake our legacy, our cherished way of life,
to rabble in some "Holy War" that only they define?
No, we shall wield the mighty sword and freedom will survive.

Take solace in remembering that we've been here before
and fought for all humanity on many distant shores.
Lord knows there'll be a reckoning; there'll be rejoicing when;
Throughout God's land of liberty, the bell will ring again.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Dick McMorran

September 24, 2001

On that horrible day, seven years ago, I was stricken with the fear that I may have lost my youngest son, Chris, to that tragedy. He worked in the Amex bldg., directly across from the WTC. I knew, at that time of day, he would be in the subway under the towers, on his way to work. It was 24 hrs. of torture before he could call, to tell us he was safe. So if my word's, in the poem sound bitter toward the barbarian's, who brought this to us, It's probably because they were, and STILL are. God Bless our Troop's.

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I will never forget that day being from NY,what made the day even more unreal was waking up to it all happening and then later in the day my girlfriend was in labor with our son,he was born late that night in the AM so it was technically the 12th,it was just so unreal.If you believe in reincarnation I believe my son is one of the people who past away there,he is very into all the stuff surrounding 9-11 and even draws pictures of the planes and the buildings.

jimmy-leggs

A GREAT DAY
Silver Member
It was the worst day of our time.:mad: R.I.P. to all the people that lost their lives to such a cowardly act.
It still goes on for many today.My nefew is over there right now fighting for our freedom.I sure hope he comes home safe physically AND mentally.

satman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was on my way to an install and heard it on the radio. My customer still had a big dish hooked up, and I moved it to a live news feed. We were watching while I worked, and saw the 2nd plane hit the tower. It was a horrible day for all of us.
I found out a few days later, one of my cousin's, was working in one of the towers. None of his remains were found. His parents will never know what happened to their son. What a horrible thing to have to live with.
My condolences to all the families who lost loved ones and friends. May they all rest in peace. And may we never forget those who perished.

stikapos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm watching the program "102 minutes that changed America". Lets just say that I am and will always be very proud of those in NY who had to experience this tragedy. And to the extremist JO's that died on that day, I hope you burn in holy hell the rest of your days. And that your relatives are castrated by your own. Slowly.

tim

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
In terms of events on the world stage 9-11-01 is the most significant day in my adult life. i doubt if our world will return to a semblance of pre 9-11.

other significant days:
When the Soviet Union fractured
11-22-63
Tricky Dick's shame

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I was on a plane headed for the US Open. Unbelieveable and just absolutely tragic. The world will indeed never be the same.

RIP to all those innocent people who were murdered on 9/11.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Right on JB, but....

Calling the heartless, religous zealot's, who sucker punched us on 9/11, murderer's or assasin's, is like calling Jeffrey Dahmer a "bad boy"
They have been killing each other, and poisoning the mind's of their young, for 2000 years...All in the name of Allah...And Now they want to kill US.

I lean towards the way the poltiical comedian Gallagher described the hostage situation during the Carter administration. He said;
"Why is Carter screwing around with those people ? I know what I'd do, if I were him. I'd bomb those SOB's right back to the middle ages....But what would that set them back ..... Two, maybe three weeks ?"

He went on to say: " If, God forbid, we had a nuclear holocaust, where human life was obliterated, scientist's tell us the only survivor's would be cockroaches and a few other insect's... I'll bet a big bunch of money, if the unthinkable were to happen, within a very few days, the cockroaches in the Middle East, would be fighting and killing each other".

I probably shouldn't be quoting a comedian on such a serious subject, but dammit he is soooo right...You can wring your hand's all you want and say, Bush screwed up, Cheney lied, it's all about oil, there were no WMD's, etc. If we don't crush, WHOEVER needs crushing over there, they WILL crush us. I guess we should just come home and leave them alone. Excuse me!!! Just give them enough time, they'll build a nuclear bomb, and 900 Iranian's will throw it at us... Just keep praying for peace, it ain't gonna happen this time around. WE are severely outnumbered, by guys who really want to meet the '72 virgins.. They have been raised that way...How do you go about defeating an enemy like that...I think Gallager had it right...:mad:

GOD BLESS AMERICA and GOD BLESS OUR TROOP'S and remember, even Lib's can't be stupid enough to believe everything they read in the New York Time's...:eek:

Dick Mc Morran

Edit..7/16/2011...

P.S. I wonder if the little creep in Iran, or Saddam, would play SVB some 9 ball ? Race to 20 for 100 billion barrel's of oil.

Last edited: