brunswick i d

nipper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is it pre 1900? my client who owns this wants it tidied up so he can play with it,
i am going to use cyno to finish and irish linen over the two black sections which are thinner than the handle,ferrule is cracked so has to go it, might be ivory so what would be a good alternative
http://s120.photobucket.com/user/nipper57/media/DSC00728.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0 interesting pattern

The wood screw says old, but not necessarily pre 1900. That method is typical of many European cues,
most notably Hiolle. Brunswick had a factory in France back in the good old days.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is it pre 1900? my client who owns this wants it tidied up so he can play with it,
i am going to use cyno to finish and irish linen over the two black sections which are thinner than the handle,ferrule is cracked so has to go it, might be ivory so what would be a good alternative
http://s120.photobucket.com/user/nipper57/media/DSC00728.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0 interesting pattern

Buckhorn would be a great alternative, back when that cue was new it was offered as a lower cost option to those who didn't want to pay the extra DIME for an ivory ferrule:)

The specs are typical for cues of that era.

Dale

tsp&b

Silver Member
To nipper: You might want to contact Bob Jewett or Mr. Bond here on AZ. or contact the folks at Classic Billiards. Perhaps they would be able to give you some accurate information. I hope this helps

Todd

Last edited:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't think it is pre 1900s, but rather early 1900s. The use of the propeller makes me think it is around the time flying became popular. Probably around the teens or 20's.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's probably a Brunswick cue for caroms. I second the buckhorn recommendation for the ferrule if you want to be as authentic as possible without using ivory. Also, I think the wrap wants to be leather or cork.

I have some old Brunswick catalogs, but not for European items.

nipper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's probably a Brunswick cue for caroms. I second the buckhorn recommendation for the ferrule if you want to be as authentic as possible without using ivory. Also, I think the wrap wants to be leather or cork.

I have some old Brunswick catalogs, but not for European items.

this an odd one as the handle does not get wrapped but the two sections next to the handle which are 2.5"and 3"long