"inner" Edge?

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Originally Posted by Cornerman

In case you didn't know Joe, this is very similar to Hal Houle's method. Same basic idea as far a breaking the cueball up into sections and aiming that section line to the object ball center or edge. Hal starts with just three total cueball lines (left 1/4, center, right quarter) aiming to the center or edge of the object ball. That 1/4 line on the cueball is what he's refered to the edge of the "small ball," an imaginary circle 1/2 a ball diameter (1/4 ball to the edge).

Like what you've describe with CJ and whoever wrote the "Ultimate Aiming System," I've added a few more sections, and by adding sections, it's always two at a time (left and right) until I stopped adding points because there seemed to be enough.

Fred

I was in the thread about Joe Tucker's aiming method & intending to make a post about the Numbers & the possibilities that they present to put into play, when I stumbled onto this.

Is the part that I enlarged, put in bold, & put in blue that which is of the 'secret code' for that other 3 letter acronym aiming method.

Is this what is meant when I've heard it said 'inner edge'?

If so... I think it redefines the ongoing debate to many of us.

Yes, I did not get the Pro1 DVD after my intrigue & 'hope' was killed by the 3 & 5 ball You Tube Videos on 'perception'.

But one would think that something this significant would have been brought out during the many 'discussion debates' over the course of much time that they have raged on & would have been pointed out with all of the hub bub.

Does 'it" have two edges, the outer edge & the "inner edge"...

and the subjective 'edges' in between.

If so... many wheels have been spun wasting much time.

Also the explanation of aligning deviding lines of the cue ball to just the center or edge of the object ball is what CJ Wiley has in one of his DVDs but with more division lines on the CB.

I would very much like this thread to not spiral down the cesspool of hypocritical personal attacks that have been running rampant as of late.

So... I would ask Management to keep a tight rein on this thread.

If you have something on topic, then please participate...

BUT... if you have nothing on topic or feel that you must add personal 'attacks', then please refrain from participating in this thread?

I know that I am being naive, but I can hope.

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Pathetic..

Yes it is when several have asked what is meant when 'they' have said "inner edge" & no one would ever give an explanation.

If this is it, then some, if not very many, of the discussions have been based on a false premise that has never been corrected...

& that would be pathetic.

Then the question as to why that has been the case would come up.

Wouldn't it?

Shouldn't it?

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
Yes it is when several have asked what is meant when 'they' have said "inner edge" & no one would ever give an explanation.

Wrong, this has been explained by me and others on several occasions here. Did you try to look it up?

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrong, this has been explained by me and others on several occasions here. Did you try to look it up?

Why would anyone need to look it up? The definition is in the name itself.

This is a guy that uses TOI...Touch of INSIDE. And he doesn't know what is meant by "inner edge".

Trolls gonna troll.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member

Well, I've asked before & never got an explanation & I am almost positive that Ducky & Anthony have asked & I saw no explanation.

So... no, I did not do a search because I figured if an explanation had been given then they would not be asking, unless...

I response was made that was not really any kind of real answer.

I guess I may have surmised incorrectly.

I will do a search, thanks for the info.

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Look at a cube that has REAL edges.

What is the INNER edge?

An EDGE is an EDGE.

There is no INNER edge or OUTER edge in real life.

Where is the INNER edge of a knife or a razor blade?

I am NOT the one doing any trolling.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What is the INNER edge?

An EDGE is an EDGE.

Here's a hint.

The pockets play a part.

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member

What is the INNER edge?

An EDGE is an EDGE.

An edge is an edge, and a given shot, other than straight in, has an inside and an outside.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rick, how is it that you have thousands of posts about CTE and the faults with it, claim to be some sort of expert on it, yet still don't even know the basics of it? And, why is it that you refer to CTE as "it" or "that three letter system" and other acronyms, but won't type CTE? How can you criticize any part of CTE when you don't even know what step #1 of getting your visuals even is? How can anyone take what you say seriously when you make threads like this? And then you wonder why people say trolling and pathetic in response to you.

Your question is akin to claiming to be an expert driver and mechanic, being given a set of keys, and you asking "where do these go?" .

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
An edge is an edge, and a given shot, other than straight in, has an inside and an outside.

Monty,

Do you classify that as an answer?

I think you know that is not what we're talking about.

But... perhaps you don't.

The CTE is to the edge on the outside of the angle.

The "Edge" you're talking about other than that does not even come into play.

I think you know that.

We're not talking about opposite ends of the equator.

So... since there seems to be some confusion on your part...

I'll ask a simple direct yes or no type question.

When the phrase "inner edge" has been used in the context of CTE does it refer to a circle that would pass through the points of A & C?

Thanks in advance should you choose to give a yes or no answer.

Best Wishes.

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
Answers in blue.

Monty,

Do you classify that as an answer?

I think you know that is not what we're talking about.

Who is "we"? I think we are all trying to decipher what you are talking about, because it couldn't possibly be the obvious answer.

But... perhaps you don't.

The CTE is to the edge on the outside of the angle.

The "Edge" you're talking about other than that does not even come into play.

I think you know that.

We're not talking about opposite ends of the equator.

So... since there seems to be some confusion on your part...

I'll ask a simple direct yes or no type question.

When the phrase "inner edge" has been used in the context of CTE does it refer to a circle that would pass through the points of A & C?

If you want yes/no, it will have to be no, I don't know what what it means for a circle to pass through points.

Thanks in advance should you choose to give a yes or no answer.

Best Wishes.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Answers in blue.

Well,

How can you legitimately answer "no"...

& then state you do not even know what it is for a circle to pass through two points equal distance from the center of a circle...

If you do not even know what that is, well...

I guess I'll just stop there.

I had hoped that maybe you would be different other than just being civil.

Best Wishes.

Last edited:

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
"inner" Edge?

Well,

How can you legitimately answer "no"...

& then state you do not even know what it is for a circle to pass through two points equal distance from the center of a circle...

If you do not even know what that is, well...

I guess I'll just stop there.

I had hoped that maybe you would be different other than just being civil.

Best Wishes.

You said yes or no. How can I answer yes? Maybe explain yourself? This can't be this hard. Inner edge to me is edge of cueball to A/B/C.

By the way, you just changed your statement from the original question. The second one wasn't any clearer.

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
7993484_orig.jpg

The larger circle could be referred to as the outer circle because it's circumference is farther OUT from the center of the circles relative to that of the smaller circle.

Conversely the smaller circle could be referred to as the inner circle because it's circumference is closer IN to the center of the circles relative to that of the larger circle.

The equator passes through 4 points of the two(2) concentric circles.

2 on the left side of the prime meridian & 2 on the right side of the prime meridian.

Lets JUST consider the right side as would be for a cut shot to the left.

If vertical lines were drawn through the points where the equator passes through or connects to or touches the points of the circles we could call those the vertical 'edges' of the circles.

The edge that is on the circumference of the larger outer circle could then be considered the outer 'edge'.

The edge that is on the circumference of the smaller "inner" circle could then be considered the "inner edge".

Is that what was/is meant when the phrase "inner edge" has been used in the context of CTE as in 'center to inner most edge'?

Can someone please simply give a valid & legitimate Yes or No answer?

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Sorry Monty,

We were cross posting.

I don't think I can say it much if any more clear that that without additional visual aids that I do not have at hand.

Last edited:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
7993484_orig.jpg

The larger circle could be referred to as the outer circle because it's circumference is farther OUT from the center of the circles relative to that of the smaller circle.

Conversely the smaller circle could be referred to as the inner circle because it's circumference is closer IN to the center of the circles relative to that of the larger circle.

The equator passes through 4 points of the two(2) concentric circles.

2 on the left side of the prime meridian & 2 on the right side of the prime meridian.

Lets JUST consider the right side as would be for a cut shot to the left.

If vertical lines were drawn through the points where the equator passes through or connects to or touches the points of the circles we could call those the vertical 'edges' of the circles.

The edge that is on the circumference of the larger outer circle could then be considered the outer 'edge'.

The edge that is on the circumference of the smaller "inner" circle could then be considered the "inner edge".

Is that what was/is meant when the phrase "inner edge" has been used in the context of CTE?

Can someone please simply give a valid & legitimate Yes or No answer?

Rick, you don't even realize what you are even asking us to answer. So, I'll ask you a question just like yours using a different example.

I am a self professed mechanic and driver. You bring me a car and ask me to fix the flat tire. My reply to you is " what do you mean by flat?". You then look at me in bewilderment and state "it's the one with the flat side on it."

I then look at all four tires and explain to you "all four tires have a flat side on them. They are all flat where the tread is. Just which tire is it you want changed? Don't tell me the flat one, that is not an answer."

Now, just what would you think of and tell that mechanic?

edit: You say you have been playing for almost 50 years, and that you use outside and inside english. If you know which side is outside and inside when applying english, how is even possible that you have no idea where the outside and inside edge of a ball is? There is no way you are that ignorant. So, what does that leave this entire thread of yours as??

Last edited: