Thinking about going from cynergy to Becue prime m

medallio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I state above I may do this, but can’t have both and have never tried a Becue shaft. Please convince me I’m making right choice or wrong choice for that matter

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The BeCue Prime M is a great shaft. I just got mine in the mail today and am loving it. I have only hit a few shots with the Cynergy. It is ok, but I think the BeCue is better. But to some degree this is subjective. The best idea is to hit some shots with each and see which feels best to you.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wasn’t fully committed to the Cynergy Until I found a tip that I liked. Loving it now. I still want to try a Mezz Ignite. But I am a fan of the Cynergy

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I think it's a great idea. I've tried 5 different CF shafts and to me the Cynergy is the worst.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually like the cynergy but just wanted to try something different
As usual in such case you'll have to make your own choice because anybody's opinion is based on certain individual preferences. I have tested Cynergy and it plays good enough. From what I've heard Becue Prime M has more flexibility in it and shoots softer while Cynergy is stiffer but shoots not as pingy as the Revo. Becue is also slightly heavier being around 120 gramms if I remember correctly. So all mentioned shafts are really quality ones just for different tastes. Good luck with your choice.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The BeCue Prime M is a great shaft. I just got mine in the mail today and am loving it. I have only hit a few shots with the Cynergy. It is ok, but I think the BeCue is better. But to some degree this is subjective. The best idea is to hit some shots with each and see which feels best to you.

The hit and feel is not subjective to "some degree"... it is 100% subjective.

I went from Revo to Cynergy and like the Cynergy better IMO. I haven't hit with a BeCUe yet, but would like to try it out.

One thing that many forget about or don't realize that the tip makes a big difference in the hit and feet of a shaft. Don't give up on a shaft until you have tried different tips.

I hate the Tiger's on the Cynergy's and will replace them ASAP with Predator Victory softs... my preferred tip.

Good luck in what ever you go with!!

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Becue Info

Not sure where you guys are located but you can try a Becue shaft at Midwest Billiards and Cue Expo July 10-14 with Charlie or Heather Bryant at the Brutal Clothing booth. That show is at Big Dog Billiards Des Moines, Iowa

Or the CSI BCAPL event July 17 - 27 Las Vegas you can look me up or come by the Marty Carey Booth.

Or email or text me USABecueOfficial@gmail.com or 574-320-2438

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Becue Prime-M 12.0 shaft and I LOVE IT!

I did get a chance to try Revo 12.9 last night, but only a few shots, not enough to really compare them but at first it didn't feel like there is too much if any noticable difference deflection wise.

My friend, whose Revo I tried, also tried my Becue shaft and said its an exellent shaft, he was impressed.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I ran some racks of 9 ball over the weekend with a BK Rush and whatever tip comes standard. That thing is a monster lol. The cue ball was zipping off the tip and smashing balls in L,R&C. It was sweet.

I have a cynergy that I really liked once I got rid of that sniper tip, but then I got a water buffalo tip put on my 314 and it hit sweet as a nut and that’s all I’ve played with since. I’m waiting to catch the guy at the pool hall again so I can try the cynergy with a water buffalo tip. If it hits like the 314 does with one then I think that will be the golden combination because I love the look, feel, and taper of that cynergy but it seems to lack a little something in “umph” maybe.

Anyway I’m just rambling but trying to say that a tip change can do absolute wonders.

dave st.pierre

dave st.pierre
Great combination

I purchased a cynergy loved the shaft hated the tip.Put on a good triangle and wow perfect combination imo !!!!!!!!

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the Revo and the Becue. I did not think I would like the Becue as much as the Revo, but I do. It is my main player now.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the Revo and the Becue. I did not think I would like the Becue as much as the Revo, but I do. It is my main player now.

A friend of mine just sold his REVO to buy a Becue shaft.

I've hit a few balls with a Becue shaft on a conventional butt and it played really well, but I didn't like it as much as I like the feel of my Becue Prime shaft on my Becue carbon fiber butt.

I think having both sections made of carbon fiber improves the "hit".

Last edited:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As has been said many times . hit is subjective. I ordered a revo 12.9 the first of the year and must say the energy transfer took quite a bit of getting used to. I ordered a meucci carbon pro and recieved it last month and must say i like it more than the revo. The meucci is now my dailey player but i pull the revo out from time to time to keep the rust off so to speak.

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
I wasn’t fully committed to the Cynergy Until I found a tip that I liked. Loving it now. I still want to try a Mezz Ignite. But I am a fan of the Cynergy

What tip did you go with? I am not a huge fan of the Sniper it comes with myself.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I had the opposite result. I couldn’t wait till I sold my 12.0 Prime M. My buddy wasn’t impressed with the M also.

Your results my vary

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ran some racks of 9 ball over the weekend with a BK Rush and whatever tip comes standard. That thing is a monster lol. The cue ball was zipping off the tip and smashing balls in L,R&C. It was sweet.

I have a cynergy that I really liked once I got rid of that sniper tip, but then I got a water buffalo tip put on my 314 and it hit sweet as a nut and that’s all I’ve played with since. I’m waiting to catch the guy at the pool hall again so I can try the cynergy with a water buffalo tip. If it hits like the 314 does with one then I think that will be the golden combination because I love the look, feel, and taper of that cynergy but it seems to lack a little something in “umph” maybe.

Anyway I’m just rambling but trying to say that a tip change can do absolute wonders.

Nope, your not rambling.

Your assessment is correct. Putting a ferrule on carbon fiber does dampen the hit a little to a lot depending on type of ferrule material to how long it is to how its constructed.

If a person needs a ferrule and the feel, the hit, the sound, the pin etc...etc matters....well, Becue is very hard to beat.

However, if getting the lowest amount of deflection and the most energy transfer is all that matters, well, revo 12.9 is the cue with the 12.4 right behind it.

Ive not tried a revo custom with their version of a ferrule that I can remember. I've tried so many CF shafts/cues so, its hard for me to remember at times which one I have or haven't tried. I'm curious to see if the revo custom will still be super low in deflection and still have the huge amount of energy transfer that the original revos have.

Ricky with Becue has been suoer nice and went out if his way to let me hit balls with Becue cues when they come out with new stuff.

Ricky is a really good guy. Ive never bought anything from him, yet...he still makes the trip to Florence so I can try new Becue equipment.

If/when Becue comes out with something that clicks with me, Ricky will be the person I buy from.

Again, Ricky is a really, really good person to deal with and I hope Becue knows just how much of an asset he is to them.

If predator had someone like Ricky....well, there would be way more revos.

Top tier rep is what he is.

Jeff

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nope, your not rambling.

Your assessment is correct. Putting a ferrule on carbon fiber does dampen the hit a little to a lot depending on type of ferrule material to how long it is to how its constructed.

If a person needs a ferrule and the feel, the hit, the sound, the pin etc...etc matters....well, Becue is very hard to beat.

However, if getting the lowest amount of deflection and the most energy transfer is all that matters, well, revo 12.9 is the cue with the 12.4 right behind it.

Ive not tried a revo custom with their version of a ferrule that I can remember. I've tried so many CF shafts/cues so, its hard for me to remember at times which one I have or haven't tried. I'm curious to see if the revo custom will still be super low in deflection and still have the huge amount of energy transfer that the original revos have.

Ricky with Becue has been suoer nice and went out if his way to let me hit balls with Becue cues when they come out with new stuff.

Ricky is a really good guy. Ive never bought anything from him, yet...he still makes the trip to Florence so I can try new Becue equipment.

If/when Becue comes out with something that clicks with me, Ricky will be the person I buy from.

Again, Ricky is a really, really good person to deal with and I hope Becue knows just how much of an asset he is to them.

If predator had someone like Ricky....well, there would be way more revos.

Top tier rep is what he is.

Jeff

I agree with everything you said about Ricky.

He will do you right.

RandyinHawaii

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just my opinion.

I tried Revo a couple of time, but just couldn't get past the feel/sound. Got a BECUE 12.5, which I still have, and it is pretty good. However, the Meucci carbon pro is now my daily player.

Deflection seems to be about the same with all of them, but much prefer the feel and also the white ferrule of the Meucci.

HouTexPlayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's all 100% subjective - everyone has a different preference and "feel" that they're looking for.

As others have stated, try the Becue out before you commit. You may like, you may not.

I switched from a Revo to the Becue and am happy with my decision, but what works for me, might not work for you.