Panjo and Marketplace changes part 2

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
OK gang, after reading the (constructive) feedback from users and mulling over some options that I think can still accomplish what we want to do here, I have removed the requirement to use Panjo for new items being posted.

Panjo is still there, partly because there are a number of items in there and I don't want the people who are selling those items to lose them in there. If you want to post an item in Panjo, you will have to click the "sell an item" button in there. If you want to just post an item on the forums, feel free.

Now for what I am thinking about doing...

We can limit the # of threads that someone can create in the for sale area based on their user type. I am leaning towards the following system:

Bronze Members can create 2 new threads in the wanted/for sale area every 30 days
Silver Members can create 5 new threads in the wanted/for sale area every 30 days
Gold Members can create 20 new threads in the wanted/for sale area every 30 days

I might consider a "business member" account type that has a much higher limit, if any.

It has been suggested that we only allow the original poster to reply to a thread. If buyers have questions, they can send them to the poster via pm. That change would do away with the bump scamming and then we could go back to showing the last active threads at the top of the forums. We would still only allow bumping every 48 hours with the possibility of limiting silver members to a bump every 72 hours. It is just a thought.

I am opening this up for discussion and I will read each and every post in this thread. I want actual constructive discussion though.

The first post that says "Change Bad. Make it like it used to be. You suck. Team USA is going to lose because of you" will end up taking a vacation from the forums. If you think I am talking about you here, you are right Coco.

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Mike,

I like the idea of only allowing the person posting the link to be able to bump the thread every 48 hours or whatever; and, I think asking questions about an item can be done easily via PMs.

Limiting the number of threads based upon a membership level makes sense too.

Didn't feel the need for the Panjo complication ~ it was confusing :confused:

Happy Thanksgiving,

Ken :thumbup2:

asiasdad

Banned
Good thoughts Mike,

I still believe you could create a platinum member level of
membership as well as the Business Partner level.

I like the idea of Silver getting 5 listings a month. That should be
some incentive for some to step up to at least gold.

I also like the 72 hour bump restriction on silver and bronze with
the 48 hour on gold and above.

The idea that only the OP can bump a thread will completely
eliminate the useless nut hugging bumps.

And best of all I like the idea of not being required
to use Panjo.

Danny

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Your doing a great job Mike & I like your ideas of the new rules for the WFS section, makes a lot of sense.
Take care & have a Happy Turkey day sir.
Jeff

blackpearlmaker

Caliper User......
Silver Member
I like more the idea on here...more organize and definitely can help the community..Well done Mike as usual..All the best.

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is my 2c:
1. Limit for sale/trade postings to Gold members only. That will make some 'free riders" buy gold membership.
2. Bumps should only be allowed by OP. No "nice cue", "PM sent", "can not believe it is still here" etc. crap.
3. Modify "For sale section":
Custom cues under 1K
Custom cues 1-3K
Custom cues 3K & UP
Production cues.
Cases, tips, accessories etc.
4. Ban people that create double/triple posts on same product.
Mike, Jerry, if I can help with anything, please do let me know. I will be more than happy to contribute 2-3 hours per day.

Last edited:

ga9ball

South West Buyer!
Silver Member
AZ WFS Section

Mike, thank you for all your efforts to make AZ the number one place for all Pool enthusiasts to come and enjoy buying, selling, and trading their goods.

Anything I can do to help, just ask.
Greg

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Item 1: I don't mind the free riders when they jump on and post one item and go. I think most of those users are really people who just want to sell on item and then disappear. I don't mind that sort of thing that much.

Item 3: Looking for other feedback on this idea. Would it just make it that much harder for people to scan the for sale items if there were more subforums?

Item 4: Limiting the # of threads a user can create would most likely do away with this issue. I think it mostly users trying to get around the no bump policy.

Mike

Here is my 2c:
1. Limit for sale/trade postings to Gold members only. That will make some 'free riders" buy gold membership.
2. Bumps should only be allowed by OP. No "nice cue", "PM sent", "can not believe it is still here" etc. crap.
3. Modify "For sale section":
Custom cues under 1K
Custom cues 1-3K
Custom cues 3K & UP
Production cues.
Cases, tips, accessories etc.
4. Ban people that create double/triple posts on same product.
Mike, Jerry, if I can help with anything, please do let me know. I will be more than happy to contribute 2-3 hours per day.

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Item 1: I don't mind the free riders when they jump on and post one item and go. I think most of those users are really people who just want to sell on item and then disappear. I don't mind that sort of thing that much.
Agreed. I do not mind those either but, I DO MIND the guys that make a killing on here and when asked to buy Gold membership just laugh at you - why buy when we can sell for free.

Item 3: Looking for other feedback on this idea. Would it just make it that much harder for people to scan the for sale items if there were more subforums?
I think people will appreciate it more. If you are looking for a 1K cue, you really do not want to browse through 10-12 McDermott cues or 10-20 Meucci. And vice versa.

Mike[/QUOTE]

tofer26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This idea makes a lot more sense! Very much in agreement with it and to setting the limits.

Does this also mean dealers can post anything again, or only new items not offered on Seyberts? If not, can we have a dealers section as well so we can sell all of our items?

bassin91

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great Plan!!!

I like every aspect of your proposed plan. I would suggest bumps every 72 hours and the sub-forum idea is good but I would keep it simple. Maybe Production cue, Custom Cue, Cases, Accessories? The fact that only the OP can bump is the best part of the whole deal. You guys do a great job and I have always enjoyed the site. Thank you for that.

Last edited:

asiasdad

Banned
Item 3: Looking for other feedback on this idea. Would it just make it that much harder for people to scan the for sale items if there were more sub forums?
Mike

The reason why I believe the sub forums based on listing price is a good idea
is it permits more items to remain at the top of their respective sub forum for
a longer period of time.

I would alter Kots' break down in this manner

Cues under $500
Cues 500 to 1000
Cues 1000 to 3000
Cues over 3000

I would not separate production from custom. The production cues would
fall primarily into the first two categories

Most of the action here is in the 1000 to 3000 range which would make it
the larger / most viewed sub forum.

Honestly though, I would probably look at all the sub forums anyway, it
would just be great to have the cues grouped by price..

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Mike since I would be one of the guys posting in the "other" areas I really don't see a problem and realize the area I will be in will likely have less overall traffic than the cue area but from an organizational standpoint I think it's great... You can look for what is on your mind... And since you are doing a subsection I would likely go further....

Cues: $499 and under
Cues: $500 to $2499
Cues: $2500 and up
Cues: Jump, Break and Masse

Cases (yes all by itself... If you just bought a cue you know you are going straight in.. They don't belong with the cues and because of price point they don't belong in the accessories)

Tables, Lights and Man Cave Furnishings

Accessories, Balls, Books and DVDs

I think you may actually see more postings if it was done this way... People don't list items if they don't think there will be a decent market since they will be pushed off the front page in a few hours... This way at least they are in a section people will dig thru if they need something now... Like a table light... I have been looking for months but nothing has caused me to go wow and I don't dig thru the for sale looking because I doubt I will find any based on experience.....

Chris

MnHunter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like the changes you are proposing. I do like kots idea of separating cues though at a minimum to 1k and under, over 1k and cases &accessories sections

fk39673

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Separating the Cues from cases and books/videos/accessories is a great idea.

How about Under For Sale section

Subforum 1 : Cues
Sub-sub-forum -> Cues 1.00 to 500.00
Sub-sub-forum -> Cues 500.00 to 1000
Sub-sub-forum -> Cues Over 1000

Subforum 2: Cases, Accessories, Books, Videos, and other stuff

Plain and simple: Even though I am not a subscriber at the moment, I support Only gold members being able to open 5+ sales listings. Specially since I will become gold ASAP (get a job or improve financially otherwise).

Please also allow OP to delete the thread once the item is sold.

dawgcpa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For Sale changes

Ok, you mentioned only letting the original poster bump the thread and that is a start. Will they only be able to bump every 48 hours or will it still be on an honor system? Some on here don't get it and won't do it unless the time limit is installed. I say no to the subforums. The same people are going to complain about no action if they have to go to several forums. Thanks for trying to keep it sane.

peterskw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike,

I think all these changes are great. You've nailed it!!!

And I think the USA might win the Mosconi Cup because of you!!!

KP