GC1 cue rack and counter

KCRack'em

I'm not argumentative!!!!
Silver Member
I'm picking up a nice GC1 this weekend. It comes with a cue rack, which isn't terribly unusual. But the counter is something I have not seen before. Comments?
Karl

Attachments

• IMG_3125.jpeg
    IMG_3125.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_3126.jpeg
    IMG_3126.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
My Comment: Wanna sell it?

That is a really terrific scorer and I haven't seen one like it before. Looks like the exact match for the early tangerine gc and rack, so no doubt, it was an available matching option.

Very, very, cool accessory.

Again, what did you pay for all this? j/k, you don't have to tell.

Best,
Brian kc

Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Karl...Those kind of counters were standard at many poolrooms from the 60's that Brunswick not only set up, but carried the note on. Most of these would have been part of a bowling alley too. I remember those counters in the "local" poolroom I used to play in, in Chicago Heights, IL, back in the early 70's.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Karl...Those kind of counters were standard at many poolrooms from the 60's that Brunswick not only set up, but carried the note on. Most of these would have been part of a bowling alley too. I remember those counters in the "local" poolroom I used to play in, in Chicago Heights, IL, back in the early 70's.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Wow Scott, none of the rooms (or bowling alleys) I frequented in my youth had had these hanging around.

I def like it!

Best,
Brian kc

RackemBilliards

Player, Room Owner
Silver Member
GC1 Counter

Cool accessory. I've never seen one of those. Makes you wonder what else is floating around out there.

KCRack'em

Silver Member
before my time

This package came out of a pool hall in the 70s and has been in a home since. Typical story: the kids are grown and it needs to go. The table matches. It was advertised as an old Brunswick commercial table and without pictures. I'm anxious to see the cues and balls and all of it in person. Figured this is worth a short roadtrip, and I feel good about buying it sight unseen.
Brians knows the price. It was low enough that most people wouldn't even click on the ad! I might sell or trade the counter, by the way.
I'm young enough to have no recollection of those rooms/bowling alleys, Scott.
;)
:thumbup:
:D
:cool:
:grin:
Yes, I'm excited.
Karl

KCRack'em

Silver Member
never assume

Well guys, I showed up to load the table and found out that it is a 5x10 footer. For $300 I figured I couldn't go wrong regardless. Saw 59 on the slate. Also noticed that it has been stapled only 2 or 3 times over the years.

So I need advice: do I set it up and play with it or stick to a 9-foot table?

Karl

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well guys, I showed up to load the table and found out that it is a 5x10 footer. For $300 I figured I couldn't go wrong regardless. Saw 59 on the slate. Also noticed that it has been stapled only 2 or 3 times over the years.

So I need advice: do I set it up and play with it or stick to a 9-foot table?

Karl

Crate it up and ship it to me!!

Is it a 5x10 pool table or Snooker table??

Russ....

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Karl;

If you have the room to set it up and enjoy it, then I'd say it is an excellent, unexpected surprise.

I wish I had an extra 1 foot of table to torture myself with. ;)

To get this table, wall rack, matching scorer, cues and balls, all for $300 - this is the score of the decade! :thumbup:

You could probably cover what you spent by selling the scorer, alone, though I would never break up this wonderful set.

Now it's time for some fun.

Get good on that thing and go eat up the competition on the 9 footers.

Congratulations!

Best,
Brian kc
P.S. Not that it matters but how were the cues?

KCRack'em

Silver Member
good luck!?!?!

I realize it was/is some good luck, but it still caught me completely off guard! It is a snooker config, so the next question is do I set it up as is, or convert it to pool?
I'm buying a house, and I have two rooms in the basement that I'll combine. I'll end up with about 20x30 to work with. Ceiling will be 7 feet, maybe slightly less after finsihing the room.
Quite a project, but I cannot wait!
Karl

BFrench501

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I can say, is two things.

1) You jammy git! :)
2) Get a stream set up and have Earl Strickland play whoever he likes on your table ;-)