Do you want to make a living playing pool?

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't want to make a living playing pool
I enjoy the luxuries I have
a car
food
shelter
not being broke

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
If I had to try to make a living playing pool I'd be less than broke and I'd end up hating pool.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Agreed I like enjoying the games in my home, whenever I want

Definitely do not want a pros life

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Don't want to make a living playing pool.......just want to keep living and play pool. If I had to depend on pool for a livelihood I'd be better off begging, borrowing or reenlisting.

Last edited:

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nope

Even if I was a Pro level player, I would have to get a job. Playing pool for a living is not realistic. I don't love pool so much that I would sacrifice my life for it.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, def not. But I hear you're in " real estate" so can u hook me up with a Peterbuilt sleeper cab anywhere in the Mid - Atlantic region? I pay HUGE REFERRALS FEES! Actually being serious I have a friend that drives a truck Over the Road. I will pay you quadruple you normal " fee " if I can " sneak u into his cab while sleeping " at the truck stop here - think Maryland or Chesapeake House - without him waking up. I will need you to sign a release as I intend on filming the WHOLE THING. I promise you I WILL PAY U GOOD MONEY IF WE CAN PULL THIS OFF!!!!!!

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
There's only one sure way I know of to become a millionaire playing pool...start with $3 million and work your way down.

BigNBeefY

Just Stopping By
Silver Member
Too many top down hierarchies for pool to be successful. A profit sharing construct would have to be put in place including streaming, tournament, product and online revenue that would take the cooperation of nearly all major players in the industry...its just not going to happen. Not enough interest, too little cooperation and too many cooks in the kitchen. As far as making money as a road player...good luck. The idea of gambling for a living sounds tiresome. I never plan on going to work and losing money. Cant imagine living like that. More effort needs to be put into how to make pool a sustainable living rather than cannibalizing other players bank rolls. Even an ad and product promotion driven stream would probably put a leg up on being a lone road player. Kudos to the handful that have done it successfully but a whole generation has come and gone since that was a feasible means of sustenance

lolanto

Registered
would love to just play pool as a hobby.. preferably to have a table at home to enjoy my lone time on the table... it's nice to join tournaments but only to have fun and to get exposures and learning experiences...