Hey, no Sarge at SBE??

dawgcpa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, I heard something about raffle rigging at one of the Vegas events resulting in a ban. I don't know if that's why he isn't at SBE or possibly some personal issue. I will say this, Dominic seems to work hard at promoting his various product lines and he has a good performance. That said I don't appreciate some of the claims about some of the products. The last one that touts a shaft that "calculates" side spin and is "zero deflection" automatically is tantamount to fraud IMO.

He is essentially performing backhand english and saying that the shaft is doing the work. No bueno!!!!

If I am wrong on this and the shaft is a miracle side spin calculating device then feel free to prove it and I will publicly apologize. This to me was over the line though in the bullshit department.

I have one of the shafts and I think it plays great. I had a friend that wanted one and called him and he was way more down to earth and honest on the phone. He said that every shaft has some level of deflection. I agree with you on the sales spill being BS but the shaft does play great.

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What could be more truthworthy than raffles run a private individual? Maybe a private individual wearing camo, but that's about it.
I went to a Superbowl party at a bar once where they were giving away a $2000 TV and a bunch of other stuff. When they get up to do the draw they say it is a reverse draw.....Meaning they have 15 prizes so they drew 15 names where nobody was watching and then they draw out of the 15 for the prizes where people can watch.. .Shocker the people winning were regulars. Sketchiest shit I've ever seen

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
I went to a Superbowl party at a bar once where they were giving away a $2000 TV and a bunch of other stuff. When they get up to do the draw they say it is a reverse draw.....Meaning they have 15 prizes so they drew 15 names where nobody was watching and then they draw out of the 15 for the prizes where people can watch.. .Shocker the people winning were regulars. Sketchiest shit I've ever seen

For karmic balance I present to you this true story. I once went to a bar for the first (and only) time in my life, and they happened to have a raffle which cost nothing to enter, and I won a prize that I didn't need and later sold for $350. Not bad :D

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have had such good luck in the local pool hall charity event raffles I once won a laptop that I donated to them for the raffle LOL

In total, not counting that laptop, I won 3 break/jump cues, including a nice Joss Thor which I traded for Aramith Pro Cup set of balls. 4 raffles I got a prize in, considering we get 30-60 people attending them and buying extra tickets, over maybe 10 events that is a pretty lucky streak. Last one, I lost out on winning two prizes by one being one number over the tickets I had, and then another by one number under my tickets.

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Was told death in family by the way why do not products have where they are made at ? Like to buy American did not see labels on your cases ?

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
Heard today that he is banned from most events because he screwed some people over & rigged some raffles he was running.

I bought one of those jump cues. The deal at the time was $20 off off the price of $70.

I gave him a credit card and the person charged $70. I told him that the special was $50. He then gave me a credit refund that never went thru. I called after receiving my CC statement and was basically told too bad.

Than to add to the bad transaction the shaft has something in it that rattles like there is a BB in it.

Bad business all around. Would not recommend. Apparently he is another shamster that hides behind the disguise of being a religious minister.

🎱

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Agreed. He is relatively new to the Expo and, at least to me, more of a distraction than anything else.

Seems like every year he was always trying to sell some gimmick jumpcue/breakcue/instructional aid that costs way more then it was worth in it's effectiveness.

4rails88

Registered
As sketchy as he was, it did feel weird not seeing the little "show" he put on.

Not seeing mueller was sad as well. I must have a dozen of those plastic cups they would always give away.

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
The expo has been great for us. Any vendors who chose not to attend just left more money for people to spend on new JB Cases. :).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I must say that I saw a ton of players with a JB case. Ordered one myself Sunday morning. Thanks again John.

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
I bought one of those jump cues. The deal at the time was $20 off off the price of $70.

I gave him a credit card and the person charged $70. I told him that the special was $50. He then gave me a credit refund that never went thru. I called after receiving my CC statement and was basically told too bad.

Than to add to the bad transaction the shaft has something in it that rattles like there is a BB in it.

Bad business all around. Would not recommend. Apparently he is another shamster that hides behind the disguise of being a religious minister.

🎱
I think I remember his hocking a jump cue one year that looks like it was 2 shafts put together. A short one and a long one. Was pretty ridiculous looking.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I Was told death in family by the way why do not products have where they are made at ? Like to buy American did not see labels on your cases ?

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums
If you ever buy a case from us and don't want it because of what patch of Earth it was assembled on return it for a full refund.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I must say that I saw a ton of players with a JB case. Ordered one myself Sunday morning. Thanks again John.
You're welcome...Easiest custom order ever....Took me longer to find a piece of paper and a pen than to write up the order. Thank you for the business!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I think I remember his hocking a jump cue one year that looks like it was 2 shafts put together. A short one and a long one. Was pretty ridiculous looking.
Dom has a habit of taking his "inspiration" from products he sees others bringing out at shows or elsewhere. He creates his version and a ShamWow pitch and people think it was his idea.

Joe Porper did the same thing throughout the 90s and 2000s and I always said his comment should be Creative Intentions instead of Creative Inventions.

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you ever buy a case from us and don't want it because of what patch of Earth it was assembled on return it for a full refund.

I looked at your cases and did not see anywhere a label of where they are made at?
some Americans want to support American workers that is why I asked ?

jamesroberts

"Unheralded Amateur"
Silver Member
He's a snake oil salesman at best, if he's not banned from bigger tournaments like this, he certainly should be. I've seen his routine and he's clueless.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Got to ask. Has anyone actually seen him play at any level other than in his booth? Watched and listened to his spiel at the VNEA last year. Usually I just block it all out. Never heard so much perfumed garbage anywhere else. Or from anyone else. Thought he even suggested using the Harold Hill Think method to make balls. Really glad Allen took his microphone away from him last year. Snake oil salesman par excellence. JMHO.

Lyn

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always thought he was entertaining. I've paged through some of his earlier books and there is some good info. But the stuff he sells. Ugh.. Like that Plastic thing last year he expected you to get out and put on a rail to measure kick shots. Lol who the hell would do that?

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got to ask. Has anyone actually seen him play at any level other than in his booth? Watched and listened to his spiel at the VNEA last year. Usually I just block it all out. Never heard so much perfumed garbage anywhere else. Or from anyone else. Thought he even suggested using the Harold Hill Think method to make balls. Really glad Allen took his microphone away from him last year. Snake oil salesman par excellence. JMHO.

Lyn

He's probably a weak A player at best.

I watched him about 10 years ago play a set of 9 ball for 1500 or 2000. I specifically remember him winning, because everyone in the room was rooting against him. And if my memory is really good, I think the only reason he won was because his opponent (who actually plays much better) completely choked on a 9 ball.

Last edited:
Bazooka cue extension

I always thought he was entertaining. I've paged through some of his earlier books and there is some good info. But the stuff he sells. Ugh.. Like that Plastic thing last year he expected you to get out and put on a rail to measure kick shots. Lol who the hell would do that?
He does a video about a quick 'on and off' cue extension device he calls a "Bazooka".
It looks like it works pretty good (in the video). I'm thinking about buying one.
In your opinion, is it a good thing or is it a big gyp? I don't want to throw away money.
???