DECEMBER 11 - The Day Of Reckoning

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
After waiting for a long time, I received a call from the eye clinic and I'm scheduled to have cataract surgery on my right eye. My left eye will be done sometime thereafter and I won't know exactly when until I have my pre-op appointment sometime in the middle of November. My right eye was the one that "blew up" a couple years ago where I had to fix a detached retina and then, later, have all the liquid in my eye removed and replaced with saline solution.

When they called and asked if December 11 was a good day, I answered, "I reckon it will be a very good day".

I'm hoping that my surgeries are scheduled very close together. I'm not wanting to be "Cyclops" for any length of time.

Since I won't be able to wear contacts for a couple weeks prior to the surgery, I guess I'll spend some time cleaning up all my pool cues and replacing tips and, hopefully, getting my Pancerny Titlist conversion re-wrapped.

If I can get my vision back to "normal" and seeing near 20-20, some of those old boys at the pool hall are going to be in trouble...LOL.

I used to say, "If I can see a ball, I can make it (or hit a spot that I was intending to hit)".

I'm hoping to return to those days.

Aloha

Good luck. Here's to better times through better vision.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
The Day of Reckoning for my right is is here.

I'll have cataract surgery tomorrow for my right eye.

Hoping to see you later.

Aloha.

Good luck! If it goes like my cataract surgery you will see better than ever.

The fact that you are from Hawaii and are named Aloha I think bodes well.

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Must have missed this before and seeing it pop back up I was going to joke that it darn well is - our new mattress is supposed to ship on Dec. 11 after a lengthy wait - BUT probably not that entertaining a response when you are facing some surgery and understandably a little anxious I would guess. Had a planned surgery on a knee a few years ago and an unplanned appendectomy a couple years before that and not a big medical procedure fan, but all was well - quality folks, quality facilities. Looking at likely elbow surgery this winter, oh well.

I've known a lot of folks who have had cataract surgeries and all have enjoyed the results, including my mother. Enhanced colors according to many, and other benefits. Should be great!

Best of luck to you tomorrow!

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honor your doctor and your God given eyes by religiously following the eye drop schedule to the very last day. You are going to be AMAZED!

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honor your doctor and your God given eyes by religiously following the eye drop schedule to the very last day. You are going to be AMAZED!

This is great advice. I had surgery to correct my vision and I also did a lot of research about the effects of diet and healthy eyes.

I remember binging on carrots, quality green tea, and vitamin supplements before and for months after the surgery. Sleep is also a big part of the healing process.

Here is a good write-up on the extra vitamins and foods you could add to increase the healing process towards a lifetime of great vision.

https://foodandnutrition.org/from-the-magazine/eating-for-eye-health/

Best of luck to HawaiianEye. I hope you are reading this with ocular clarity and the peace of mind it brings.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
hope your procedure is successful and you will be seeing clearly .....:smile:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m back home. Spent several hours waiting, but the procedure only took a half hour, or so.

I have a clear clear plastic shield over it and things are a bit blurry, but everything is way brighter...part of it is due to my eye still being dilated a bit.

Follow up appointment tomorrow.

Thanks for all the well wishes.