Mark Wilson, Randy G, Scott Lee, Jerry Briesath & Joe Tucker

icucybe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone taken clases with two or more of these instructors and can share their experience and how they all compare. I would like to take a lesson but not sure where to travel first.

Thank you in advance!

Logandgriff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have taken lessons from Jerry and my pool game has improved dramatically. He is a fantastic teacher and a wonderful person. Listen to Jeanette Lee's Hall of Fame acceptance speech at about 28 minutes to hear her praise Jerry. You can look at his three disc lesson set to get some idea of how he teaches. Good luck!

ArtOfTheCue

Matt
Silver Member
I have taken lessons from Jerry and my pool game has improved dramatically. He is a fantastic teacher and a wonderful person. Listen to Jeanette Lee's Hall of Fame acceptance speech at about 28 minutes to hear her praise Jerry. You can look at his three disc lesson set to get some idea of how he teaches. Good luck!

I've worked with both Scott Lee and RandyG, but want to eventually take a lesson from everyone you listed. I also took one with Lee Brett.

Scott and Randy are both excellent. They also pretty much teach the same curriculum - I believe they developed it together (but not 100% sure on that). You can't go wrong with either of them, especially if your fundamentals need work (and everyone's fundamentals need work). If you're thinking about going the SPF route, I'd just choose whichever is more convenient to you geographically. You'll get the same information and they're both really great teachers.

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have worked with all except Mark. They were all excellent. Very knowledgeable. They all enjoy teaching and are eager to share with you.
Randy, Scott, and Joe all ran the pool school I attended several years ago. Had a great time. Learned a lot. I have been fortunate enough to spend additional time with all three on different occasions.
You can't go wrong with any one of them.

icucybe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no doubt they are the best at what they do. Wish they were all close by LOL. Tom Simpson sometimes comes to town. But I can make a trip out of visiting any of these. :grin-square:

Haven't heard about Tom Simpson academy as much as these here in the forum.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Scott is excellent. He is an outstanding instructor. I learned and enjoyed the 1st lesson so much I met with him a few times over the past few years. Contact Scott and see when(and if) he is your area. I'll gladly give you his email address or phone # if you do not have it. Just PM me. Good luck, Frank

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not worked with Simpson. There is a thread about his program here in this forum you can get some info there.

lee brett

www.leebrettpool.com
Silver Member
Anyone taken clases with two or more of these instructors and can share their experience and how they all compare. I would like to take a lesson but not sure where to travel first.

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

Where are you based? i am doing another tour, if you are interested.

Thanks Lee

icucybe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Baltimore here. I replied to your post Lee when you annouced the 2014 tour.

Chicken_Blood

Carpe Poultry
Silver Member
Scott was in and advanced class I took at Pool School with Randy G about a hundred years ago. It was a good class. I often go back to the mother drills when I am out of practice.