Stress Marks on Scorpion Shaft?

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey Guys,
A friend/customer asked me about these marks on his Scorpion shaft - see below. They showed up mysteriously last week. He thinks he can feel the finish lifted slightly - I couldn't feel anything.
I'm not familiar with Scorpions so thought I would ask here.
Has anyone seen this before and know the cause?
Thanks in advance,
Gary

Attachments

• Bill's Scorpion Cue.jpg
    Bill's Scorpion Cue.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 291

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When the shaft is screwed onto the butt, do the lines feel like they continue onto the butt? My only experience with something similar is due to the cue contacting the rail during a stroke. Not a factory flaw, but a stroke flaw.

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
When the shaft is screwed onto the butt, do the lines feel like they continue onto the butt? My only experience with something similar is due to the cue contacting the rail during a stroke. Not a factory flaw, but a stroke flaw.
It turns out you are exactly correct! Those brown lines were from dragging the cue across the back of a pocket during a shot.
Soap and water clean up, essentially.
Thanks!
Gary

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
It turns out you are exactly correct! Those brown lines were from dragging the cue across the back of a pocket during a shot.
Soap and water clean up, essentially.
Thanks!
Gary

that happens a lot from the black plastic pocket liners on the bar boxes. I have one customer that it drove him nuts as to what it was, and he refused to believe it was that. Took a year for him to figure out I was right.
Dave