Most Arrogant Customer

georgeh

Registered
Not that there will be any replies, but I guess we should cover everyone. Customers can be a pain in the butt also.

georgeh

RocketQ

It's Not Rocket Science
Silver Member
I had a guy call every three days to see if it was done yet. I explained it would be about 2 months and every time he called he was taking time away from me finishing his cue. Every three days. ring ring oh no it's &^%#$.

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
Marlow should have been a cuemaker

James garner played a great private eye. Once, when confronted by a criminal's enforcer (Bruice Lee) he was offered a bribe to drop a case. His reply: "Go tell your boss you've met the last of the dying dynasty...unassailably virtuous and invariably broke..."

The most arrogant customer is the one who tries to buy a great cue that is finished or nearly finished (and displace the original customer in the process) by waving money at the cuemaker.

I saw Art Cantando refuse such an offer, thus ensuring that his customer would get the cue he had ordered. The most arrogant customers, in my opinion, are those people who presume a cuemaker's integrity is for sale.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
georgeh said:
Not that there will be any replies, but I guess we should cover everyone. Customers can be a pain in the butt also.

georgeh

Locally their are three individuals who no one will do any work for. These can not under any circumstances be satisfied, or they always have something negative to say. If they come to me for work, they will always bad mouth me later, and if they go somewhere else the same result will occur.

This has been a very easy problem to fix however, most of the local Cue repairmen or cue makers will no longer do anything for these people. When they come in my store I will just tell them that I can not do the work they need accomplished and this includes tips. When they ask why, I tell them that my abilities are not to level yet where they will be satisfied with my work, and I send them somewhere else.

The fact is when someone is always negative, dishonest, or just can not be satisfied they only hurt themselves, and their world gets smaller every day!!! or they become a cue maker!!!!!!! just joking:D

OriontheHunter

Dreamin' of Pool Cues
Silver Member
Drawman623 said:
The most arrogant customer is the one who tries to buy a great cue that is finished or nearly finished (and displace the original customer in the process) by waving money at the cuemaker.

I saw Art Cantando refuse such an offer, thus ensuring that his customer would get the cue he had ordered. The most arrogant customers, in my opinion, are those people who presume a cuemaker's integrity is for sale.

TAP TAP, Art is a stand up guy and absolutely takes care of his customer.