Kamui med vs. Kamui BLACK med

the_general

I love Ivory.
Silver Member
i have tried all kamui tips available. for me, the 1st generation one are still the best. kamui black hard tends to loosen chalk hold in time, kamui black medium is better. ss gives outmost control but it's too soft for my liking.

personally, i do not recomment cutting laminated tips in half as there is a great chance of delamination (based on personal experience) if not cut precisely.

bob_bushka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tip Hardness and Kamuis

First of all I got some early Kamui blacks and I thought what an ingenius idea, layered tarpaper! I had 4 tips delaminate out of the original 12 I bought. Not a great success ratio. Never had a problem like that with the Browns. Anyway I got some more about 6 months later and I haven't had any problems with delamination. My players like them and don't seem to catch an edge as much as the browns. As far as tip hardness, I think that machine is called a durometer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shore_durometer

I guess it amazes me how that machine acurately tests a Lepro that has this sealed coating on it or a triangle that has been roughed up from the get go. Maybe it does, so if someone uses it regularily in rating tips I would like to know how well it really works or it is a great way to charge $5 more for a hardness tested tip? I think the durometer costs about $400, so after 80 tips you can start making some dough on it. It could be a great gig that doesn't sound that hard(lol).

bowhunter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I too have a predator 314-2 and currently use Morri medium and like it. I picked another new 314-2 with the standard issue Everest tip which I don't like. I'm trying to decide on either a Morri medium or Kamua black soft.

What are your thoughts? thanks

edep12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I too have a predator 314-2 and currently use Morri medium and like it. I picked another new 314-2 with the standard issue Everest tip which I don't like. I'm trying to decide on either a Morri medium or Kamua black soft.

What are your thoughts? thanks

May not get a response as this thread is 6 years old. FWIW, I'm a Kamui guy. Love the black softs.