Mike Sigel cues

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have two of his cues, one Australian Oak with floating ivory points and one cocobolo with tons of ivory, ebony and a little turquoise to boot. Both are very good looking and play great. Does anyone else out there play with one or own one? I certainly do not see many people talking about them.

Remy

Fear none, respect all.
Silver Member
There's a pro player here in Orlando (Adam Wheeler) that uses a Sigel and he seems to like it a lot.

brianna187

BRIANNA SINCE 1988
Silver Member
his cues never seemed to do well on the secondary market, most of his cues he sold himself to the customers i have never hit with one .know he is selling his cues for lots less on ebay another dale perry story he shot his own foot off doing that

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
metallicane said:
I have two of his cues, one Australian Oak with floating ivory points and one cocobolo with tons of ivory, ebony and a little turquoise to boot. Both are very good looking and play great. Does anyone else out there play with one or own one? I certainly do not see many people talking about them.

Believe Tokyo-dave has commented on the Sigel Cue, in the Japanese Market. Search the archives.

brianna187

BRIANNA SINCE 1988
Silver Member
he listed his cues on ebay and sells them for next to nothing hurting the value of his cues some poeple paid higher dollars for these cues and by selling them cheap on ebay it hurts the value of all of his cues .

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the update. I thought Sigel had a pretty high reserve for his cues on eBay so the value shouldn't be hurt much. I guess he needs the cash. Too bad the IPT didn't work out like KT promised. I do like his cues though and will post mine on cue gallery one of these days.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i know someone that has one. i think he over paid. it plays fine but the ebay thing mentioned above holds true. and i hear he doesn't make his own shafts but that makes me leary of them. if i could get into one cheap(real cheap) i'd try one

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
I almost bought one from Phinmole to try out a few months ago. I don't know if he still has any or not.
Great looking cues, but as of yet, I haven't been able to try one out.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
poolplayer2093 said:
i know someone that has one. i think he over paid. it plays fine but the ebay thing mentioned above holds true. and i hear he doesn't make his own shafts but that makes me leary of them. if i could get into one cheap(real cheap) i'd try one

I can't imagine him not making his own shafts. I know he hits balls with every cue that he sells before it goes out so nothing goes out unless he approves. He is a pretty detailed oriented person so I have no problem with his cues.

The one cocobolo cue is awesome, but I hate taking it out to play because they look so good.

Purdman

Banned
Mike's Cues

I know that Leonard Bludworth sold him the machinery and taught him a few things. I didn't know until recently that Mike worked for Dan Janes at Joss Cues for a while when he was a young player. I overheard him telling somebody 3 years ago at the SBE that he wasn't coming back because he couldn't sell any cues. He ain't been back since then.
Purdman

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in Baltimore and remember Mike being at Joss for a while. It was great going into a room and watching him practice. It really didn't get much better than that. Most people in the room didn't know who he was, but a few of us would just watch him run ball after ball. Boy was he something to watch in the mid-80's.

I saw him at the Vegas show a few years ago, but he won't go to the SBE any longer. At least he said he would only go every 4 or 5 years. Maybe he will be back soon. I hope so.

ioCross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
can anyone post any pictures of what his cues look like?

it would be nice for a pro to actually make his own line of cues instead of putting his name on a bunch of crappy productions.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
metallicane said:
I can't imagine him not making his own shafts. I know he hits balls with every cue that he sells before it goes out so nothing goes out unless he approves. He is a pretty detailed oriented person so I have no problem with his cues.

The one cocobolo cue is awesome, but I hate taking it out to play because they look so good.

That may or may not be true. it's just somethig i've heard. the but section of the cue i tried seemed thin to me. but it wasn't bad. if he made more plane janes he'd probably sell more

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are right about the butt section being slightly smaller than most cues. That is something I really liked though. I will post a few pics when I get a chance so people can see what he made for me. I also agree if he made a few good plain ones he would sell more. The one he plays with is LOADED with ivory inlays and he says it would run $25,000. Yowza!

Purdman

Banned
metallicane said:
You are right about the butt section being slightly smaller than most cues. That is something I really liked though. I will post a few pics when I get a chance so people can see what he made for me. I also agree if he made a few good plain ones he would sell more. The one he plays with is LOADED with ivory inlays and he says it would run $25,000. Yowza!

He will just get pissed off and snap it in half one day. ;) He wants $20 to sign a cue ball. As far a $25,000 for his cue, he can say anything he nwants. He has never sold a cue he made for $25,000. Here is a picture of one that I didn't like anything about. Friend of mine asked me to sell it for him.
Purdman
The one on the right.

Last edited:

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would not be surprised if Kevin Trudeau bought a cue for $25k from Mike. The whole IPT deal was done so Mike could make some money so I am sure Kevin, with his billion dollars would support Mike and buy a cue like that. This is purely speculation. If I had that kind of dough I would too, but I don't. As for the one on the right, I have an Australian oak cue similar to that with white w/ green spec wrap. I think it looks a lot better than the black one.

ronshirley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my Mike Sigel cues

Here is one of the two Sigel cues I have. Cocobolo with ivory and malachite inlays (64 total). Tiger leather wrap.

MS 3.jpg

MS 2.jpg

MS 1.jpg

jdsons

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ron is that cue the same on chalkers.com. Same set up. Price may depress you though.
jdsons.