Nicest Cuemakers

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
Since we have the bad arrogant cue maker thread I thought I would start the other side of the coin by posting a few of my interactions.

Ron Haley - Super nice guy to talk to and was my first custom cue I ever ordered directly. I don't think I ever spent less than an hour on the phone cause we would just get talking. He always took the time to explain the process and kept me involved in the design process. Have several more on order with him.

Tim Scruggs- Had a refinish done by him. Very plesant on the phone and delivered the cue on time when promised for a little less than quoted.

Andy Gilbert - Just a great all around guy and his wife is very knowledgable when it come to cues as well . She helped me lay out a sweet design that Andy is building as we speak.

Murray Tucker- A wealth of information and hooked me up with some great yellow ferruls. Now if he ever gets around to building me a cue ....

John Showman - Ordered a cue from John and he was great to talk to on the phone very pleasent. Sends me a Christmas card every year.

Joel Hercek - Would give Ron Haley a run for his money in the nicest cuemaker I ever talked too contest. Very willing to talk and share his knowledge of cues and cue building and design. Responds to his e-mail every day from what I can tell.

Other nice makers that I have spoken with and was treated very well by are Steve Klein, Keith Josey, Paul Dayton, James White, Jerry Olivier, Travis Nicklich, Mike Webb.

Let's here about some good experiances you A-Z er's have had.

Easonscues

Easonscues.com
Silver Member
Being new to cue making im learning all the time.There has many cue makers i've talked with and they have all been very nice to work with.If it wasnt for these guys I wouldnt be able to do a 1/4 of what im doing .If these guys are this nice dealing with some one wanying to learn and (not sending them money) then how they deal with people buying a cue from them must be great.We all know theres B -holes out there but the good guy out number them. Thanks to all that have given me and every one info freely.
Thanks Jeff

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
My list is actually very short...I have not had that many cues direct from the maker.

Murray Tucker...very nice...and very, very patient with PITA's. :p :)

Keith & Sherri Josey...super people, really.

Jim Buss...while I have yet to order from him, he was extremely quick to reply, and answered all my questions, and then some.

Skip Weston...was nice to me. :)

Mike Webb....is always just a nice guy.

MasonH...very nice and answered my questions.

JoeyinCali...always nice, and always seems to make me chuckle. :)

Paul Allers..super nice, will talk cues all day long with you. :)

Dennis Searing...again, just a really nice guy, and answered all my questions, and then some. :)

Brent Hartman..not only nice, but extremely humorous. :)

I am sure I am leaving many others out, and for that I apologize. I do not own cues from many of the above...but if I could, I wouldn't hesitate to order from them!

Okay...maybe the list wasn't that short...LoL!

Lisa

Last edited:

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I've had some very good treatment from Chad Carter, Bob Dzuricky, Joey Bautista, Mason H, Tim Scruggs, Evan Clarke, Murray Tucker, and Eric Crisp.

Chad fixed a flaw in a cue I picked up used, didn't charge me a dime for fixing it. While he had it he emailed and asked if he could refinish it as well. He did that for free as well. Had the cue back to me in a week.

Bob built my first custom order cue for me that wasn't used. Process was about as easy as it could be. Have had him do some other work here and there for me and its always gone great.

Joey built me a cue that I didn't get to enjoy. Communication was outstanding. Not to mention he is just good to talk with.

Mason has helped me out more than once, and he built my current playing cue which is fantastic. Good Guy all the way around.

Tim Scruggs is to me one of the nicest cue makers on the face of the earth. A true joy to talk with.

Evan I've talked to on the phone more than once. Called to order a shaft after emailing him, ended up talking the first time for about 20 mintues on cue making and life in general. Very under rated cue maker because he gets the "production" tag.

Eric just makes a great cue. Orders can be slow to get, but that doesn't take away from how great the cues are. He'll spend time talking with you, helps out others when he can, and is just a good person. Builds cues because he wants to and it shows in the end product.

Murray if I could get him to build me a cue I'd give you a full report. Can tell you that he is a person that will help you out if needed. Stands behind his cues as well.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Murray Tucker. I asked for a cue last week. He's delivering it this week.
WOOHOOO!!!!

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
JoeyInCali said:
Murray Tucker. I asked for a cue last week. He's delivering it this week.
WOOHOOO!!!!

I hate you

Just kidding......at least until you get my cue done :D

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Richard Harris- look for him doing some one pocket commentary on a few TAR dvds. Great guy who loves the game cant wait to get back on that side of the country and hang out with him again. Oh yeah and he makes some bad ass cues too.

Mike Johnson (Jensen Cues)- Mike and his wife June are just awesome people. Two more people who live and breathe the game. I really like Mike's style of cue, old school and well crafted by a master.

Andy Gilbert- One of the most fun guys in any room and as friendly as they come. His fancy cues have reached the upper echelon IMO and he just keeps coming up with more great stuff.

Shawn Putnam- While he is not a full time cue maker, Shawn is passionate about the craft and definetly knows what to put in a cue from a players stand point. Shawn has jumped in and helped with the commentary whenever we asked and shared his knowledge and good humor with everyone. Shawn is the man.

Mike Stacey- I have known Mike for awhile and he is one of the most personable guys you could ever hope to meet. When I was in Indy I would drive up to house to get work done and always ended up hanging out and bothering him till I had to leave. I think some his cues are seriously underated. Just check one out when you have the chance, they are as good as the man who made them.

Reactions: Hal

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Webb
Eric Crisp
Cory Barnhart
Joey Bautista
Murray Tucker
Alex Brick

in no particular order.they have all been extremely helpful with nothing in it for them.that is the key.these guys all had no ulterior motives for helping me.that is truly selfless.sorry if i left anyone out,but i wrote this fast.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i like this thread better, than the other one, i like to be positive,

Jerry Franklin, Barry Szam, Bill Teeter, Ernie(Gina cue), bobby hunter, eric crisp, etc etc etc. In no particular order. I havent met a cue maker I didnt like, i had one that was a bit short tempered but never a bad vibe. Its a tough gig.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Webb but we are friends so I am a little biased.

Other makers I found to be very nice and helpful:

Murray Tucker - saw his personal cues in person and was blown away
Dennis Searing
Ron Haley
Joel Hercek
Blud
Mark Bear

steveinflorida

Silver Member
Nicest Cuemaker

Dennis Searing, very nice guy.

Barry Szamboti, also very nice and helpful.

David Jacoby, one of the really good people in pool.

Harry Richards, good guy. Showed me a few things years ago about putting on tips.
Randy Mobley. Always willing to help and just a nice guy.

Last edited:

JimmyRayK

Gina collector
Silver Member
Thanks for posting this positive thread.

I have so many names in mind, I wouldn't know where to start. I won't make a list because I don't want to leave anybody off.

The thing that I have found is when you call, treat them with the utmost respect and 99% of the time they will do the same. Call and act like a nit and you'll get what you deserve.

Jimmy

Tommyd1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A very nice guy Richard Black

Richard Black.

I have delt with him and the past and he was super.

I couldn't have had a better experince. He helped me along in the process of getting my first ordered custom cue.

I wasn't sure about a few things and he helped me out all along the way. We had constant communication during my design and build process.

The day I recieved the cue it was dated and signed for the day I recieved it :D

Seen him again at the DCC and remembered me, true gentleman.

Tommyd

ioCross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
our very own kevin varney seems like a really nice guy from his posts and his actions.

rick philipi is also a really nice guy. he tipped a shaft for me at a PP event and cleaned up the shaft for 5 dollars cheaper than his regular price cuz i ended up having to wait a few hours.

ted harris is also a really nice guy.

bob frey is too.

andywho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Troy Downey is very nice. Answers all my questions and he's the first person i'm ordering a custom cue from. Will Dominak is nice also and Masonh is a very understanding guy

hope my list gets longer

badabing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barry Szamboti
Dennis Searing

I have had some very interesting conversations with both and they have been kind enough to build a cue for me.

Art Cantando

I enjoy talking to him and he cracks me up. He is also kind enough to be building a cue for me.

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jim Lee-He even pm'd me first and we went from there. Has been VERY helpful in helping me design my dream cue. He has seemed happier than me that we're building this cue. I drew up what I wanted and he told me what he could and couldnt do, and even gave me ideas on what would work and what couldnt. Gave me a great price and never jacked them up on me. We even talked on the phone for about 3 hours one night about everything but pool.

Trudy Fuller-She is unreal when you email Judd Cues about cues or help building one. She helped me a ton even though I never could afford a cue from them.

I'd recommend both anytime.