Triangle and Triumph Tips

Locotone07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would those of you who have obtained confirmed “new inventory” Triangle tips share their sources?

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any update as to when and where these will be available? Is it safe to assume any boxes of triangles are NOT these newer/better triangles? Thanks

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is my opinion only. I have great respect for Tweeten and their contribution to our game/ industry. In order to keep tip prices relatively low Tweeten must use the entire hide to make tips. The belly area leather is of a different density than the rest of the cow/ steer hide. Tips made from belly leather will have more air and sponginess to them (which is a non-factor in most other uses/ applications where the leather is more highly processed). That is why the best Triangle tips are usually "sinkers" and the ones that are bound to fluff out are "floaters." There are also "half sinkers". Hehe. This is exactly why harness and bridal leather is made from specific stronger areas of the hide which does not include the belly (like the shoulders). Soaking and pressing might overcome the problems in at least some but not all of the spongy tips.

If it was possible Tweeten should consider offering an upgraded premium Triangle and LePro tip made from prime hide like the shoulders or butt. Increase the cost accordingly. Triangle Prime anyone? Lol.

ELK PRO-
VERY GOOD QUALITY-
EXPENSIVE BUT GREAT QUALITY- JUST TOO SOFT FOR ME"
I emailed and the Big guy Skip
sent me some FREE

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any update as to when and where these will be available? Is it safe to assume any boxes of triangles are NOT these newer/better triangles? Thanks

Talked with my guy at Tweeten about a month ago. Told him about my success rate with the tips he sent to me to try. He said to get back with him in a month and he may have more info. Sorry, wish I had more info. Will email him today to see if I can get an update. To my knowledge, the test tips are not being sold yet. I did ask him to change the box in some way when they did to help us out.

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Talked with my guy at Tweeten about a month ago. Told him about my success rate with the tips he sent to me to try. He said to get back with him in a month and he may have more info. Sorry, wish I had more info. Will email him today to see if I can get an update. To my knowledge, the test tips are not being sold yet. I did ask him to change the box in some way when they did to help us out.

Yes please let us know. I’ve been playing with one since mid December without any issues at all.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Years ago there were No Layered Tips, not sure when layered Tips came to market. But my old got to Tip was a LePro.

Believe it or not people still use em, like em, and play well with NON-Layered Tips.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Years ago there were No Layered Tips, not sure when layered Tips came to market. But my old got to Tip was a LePro.

Believe it or not people still use em, like em, and play well with NON-Layered Tips.

I play with solid tips.
I got tired of paying $20 plus for a stinking piece of leather glued together.
I get Triangles installed in one day locally for $13.00.

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
I play with solid tips.
I got tired of paying $20 plus for a stinking piece of leather glued together.
I get Triangles installed in one day locally for $13.00.

Dang Uncle Ted isn`t charging you enough for tip installs, Lol

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thank you for the response, I am really looking forward to buying a few boxes.

I’m almost out of my box of 15mm’s...which on a positive note are mostly good, I’ve only had 3 be total sponge cakes so far out of a box of 40, but I have a few extremely hard ones? I probably have 12-15 left but I’ve had the best luck with the 15mm ones, opposed to the 14mm’s. Down side is they only come 40 to a box.

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are in operation, but good leather availability has been an issue. that was a month ago. About due for another update

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I was a die-hard triangle user and installer but got very tired of having very few from a box actually make it to the table. This is not a plug for a product, but will say I now use Ultra skin Ivory Med personally and install those and the softs ....same if not better grip and every tip I put on is the same....no waste. In my opinion, the Tweeten company doesn't really give 2 sh%ts, otherwise they would have not let the quality drop like they did. Just look at the date stamp from the first post to now...does it really take that long to improve the quality of your product if you really cared? I gave up waiting and found a very comparable, VERY consistent tip to replace them with and the $ amount is not a big difference and I have no customer comebacks for bad tips, instead I have happy customers, and I am happy with my shooting too.
Dave