Diamond Pro-Am Price Check?

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
I'm going to order a Diamond Pro-Am around December '13 - February '14, and I was wondering what they usually run. I'm going to try to get a tournament used one, so prices for that PLUS delivery and assembly in Colorado Springs (in my basement).

Appreciate all input!

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
You're going to shell out minimum $6k with the light...I'd say if you have $6500 you can do almost whatever you want....the key is to find a way to save on shipping. So find a pool hall in the area that's making an order and see if you can piggy back off that in some kind of way. If they gotta drive a 1000 miles to bring 1 table the gas alone is prob $800 and then the installers have to be able to make a few pennies doing it

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
I was actually guessing 6k, so at least I wasn't far off. That's what I told the wife, and she didn't choke or anything, so that's what I'll go with for planning ;)

I'll check around the pool halls within 50 miles and see if any are planning on ordering any tables.

Thanks!

msubilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you have to go down stairs to get to your basement? The tournament used Pro-Ams are one piece slate. You can order a new Pro-Am with 3 piece slate though. Call Brian in Sales at Diamond, he'll tell you all the details.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'm going to order a Diamond Pro-Am around December '13 - February '14, and I was wondering what they usually run. I'm going to try to get a tournament used one, so prices for that PLUS delivery and assembly in Colorado Springs (in my basement).

Appreciate all input!

If you're talking about the end of this year, begining of next....you'd be smart to place the order for the table now with Brian, Aaron, or Paul...just in case the price of the tables go up, you'll be locked in at today's price. I might just be the guy delivering your table, and Mikey is about right on the price...he should be, he's owned a couple of Diamond's already.

Glen

PS. i can help you lock in the price if you'd like, just tell who ever you talk to I told you to put just enough money down to hold you a table at today's price.

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
I had a good email back-and-forth with Paul today, so we're looking at a 3-piece (basement) Pro-Am, Diamond light, Diamond rack, Super Aramith Pro balls, Simonis 860, delivery, and installation for $6750.

I'm not worried about the price moving a little bit. I consider that a steal to have a tournament-analogous table ready to play whenever I think of a shot or want to try something... and having something to practice on without having to drive or deal with pool hall tables :) Plus, I'll actually get to play with my wife again. We haven't been able to do that more than a couple times since having kids lol.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I had a good email back-and-forth with Paul today, so we're looking at a 3-piece (basement) Pro-Am, Diamond light, Diamond rack, Super Aramith Pro balls, Simonis 860, delivery, and installation for $6750.

I'm not worried about the price moving a little bit. I consider that a steal to have a tournament-analogous table ready to play whenever I think of a shot or want to try something... and having something to practice on without having to drive or deal with pool hall tables :) Plus, I'll actually get to play with my wife again. We haven't been able to do that more than a couple times since having kids lol.

OK then, either let Paul know or myself if you're going to go forward with this because I'll have to grab another set of slates to steel plate together for your table, I'm teaching Diamond how to take their 3 piece slates and turn them into a one piece slate once they're installed on the table that way they can be leveled much easier than when they're screwed down to the frame.

Glen

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
Hey Glen, sent you a PM a few days ago.

What's the verdict on the Diamond Smart Table for home use? I'm assuming it's just as good as the Pro-Am for playability, but I really know nothing about it. What's the difference between it and the Pro-Am other than the cue-ball sensor and coin-op?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Hey Glen, sent you a PM a few days ago.

What's the verdict on the Diamond Smart Table for home use? I'm assuming it's just as good as the Pro-Am for playability, but I really know nothing about it. What's the difference between it and the Pro-Am other than the cue-ball sensor and coin-op?

Nothing really, unless it's an older red label model.