Denver pool scene is awesome

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I travel all over the country for work, and have been living in the Denver area for a couple of months now. The pool scene here seems to be very healthy! There's a guy working challenge matches for players all around here and Wyoming (all with at least $500 in the middle), tournaments all over town nearly every night of the week, and at least a couple of places have Diamond tables. Definitely one of the best pool towns I've seen in a while!

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cool. Where is your favorite hall?

Mile High Billiards is one of the hot spots, but I've been having fun playing some of the tournaments at Felt bar in Englewood. I'm also trying to get into one of the challenge matches.

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't network because I play at home. Are you aware of anyone who does tip replacements? Only place I found was an overpriced Brunswick franchise, and he's nearly 40 minutes away from my home in Broomfield.

Thanks... :)

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't network because I play at home. Are you aware of anyone who does tip replacements? Only place I found was an overpriced Brunswick franchise, and he's nearly 40 minutes away from my home in Broomfield.

I sure don't. I can ask around tonight at the tournament.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I travel all over the country for work, and have been living in the Denver area for a couple of months now. The pool scene here seems to be very healthy! There's a guy working challenge matches for players all around here and Wyoming (all with at least $500 in the middle), tournaments all over town nearly every night of the week, and at least a couple of places have Diamond tables. Definitely one of the best pool towns I've seen in a while!

Let me know if you make your way north to Fort Collins, I would like to meet you. There's a room up here w/9 9' CG and 10 Valley bar tables.

Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Let me know if you make your way north to Fort Collins, I would like to meet you. There's a room up here w/9 9' CG and 10 Valley bar tables.

Dave
Let me know if you guys get together. I'll stop by also.

Catch you later,
Dave

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member

easy try and make it to Felt on Saturday mornings, look for the old guys on the Diamonds. Ease into them slowly, they are very wary.

These guys can all play....if you don't get out they will.

I try and get down the hill as much as I can and match up with these killers unfortunately road conditions and work get in the way. Check out Hanks(old school) and Wyncoop while you are in town. Wyncoop is fun during the day but is more of a meat market at night.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Best Quality Billiards on West Colfax in Lakewood.
Is this the Brunswick franchise?
They get $10 labor plus the price of the tip.
I had a Triangle put on for $13.00 with sales tax.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member

Did they do a good job? Would you recommend them for tip replacement?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
easy try and make it to Felt on Saturday mornings, look for the old guys on the Diamonds. Ease into them slowly, they are very wary.

These guys can all play....if you don't get out they will.

I try and get down the hill as much as I can and match up with these killers unfortunately road conditions and work get in the way. Check out Hanks(old school) and Wyncoop while you are in town. Wyncoop is fun during the day but is more of a meat market at night.
You just described his dream room, wyncoop.

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I truly can't recall the name, but a Moori medium ran $65. Maybe that's just market price. :shrug:

Alex Kanapilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Say hi next time you're at Felt. I'm there often. I try to play in the Friday and Saturday tournaments when I have time.

Alex