Diamond Pool Table from Factory

lbostons

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know the current wait time from factory? I was quoted a table in 8-10 weeks from time of order. I ordered mine in April and still no table. Is everyone seeing this lag time or is mine an isolated incident? I have to admit I'm pretty frustrated and feel like I'm getting the run around. Can anyone tell me if they have had a similar experience with Diamond?

Thank you,

lbostons

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I waited longer than expected in 2008 when I ordered mine. I stayed in touch and DIamond always kept me up to date on the delays. In the end it was not a big deal.

Be patient, your table will get to you soon and you will never look back.

lbostons

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thx CueBuddy, I was hoping I was over thinking it. I'm a tad frustrated lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I was the same. Some folks here on AZ let me know just how busy the Dymond guys are and I settled down. Just paying it forward.
You will love your table.

Hardmix

Registered
In my opinion, Diamond has the best product on the market and the absolute worst customer service in the market. A very frustrating company to deal with which is unfortunate.

Hardmix

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
Hi, I'm in CT and yes I too had a longer than expected wait for mine. That was back in early 2009. But when I got it, unbridled joy & excitement filled my veins, lol.

My suggestion, remember that you've bought the best table on the planet. Diamond places a premium on customer satisfaction with the install (which likely is at least part of the reason for the delay). They are not going to sacrifice quality & customer satisfaction for the sake of banging out x amount of additional installs a week. Take comfort in that. It makes sense too, because if you've ordered a Diamond, you know Pool and you know Pool tables. They know you'd notice anything less than perfect.

And let's be honest, the delivery & install (done right) of a Pool table is not like delivering a couch. The techs have to know what they're doing and they need the time to get it right. I imagine there's a limited amount of guys who have the skills to do the job, and even less who are willing to do extended road trips which seems to be how Diamond does things. Limited supply with high quality standards, up against great demand = delays.

And like I said, once you get it, it'll all be worth it. All this being said, I'd keep in regular contact with the factory. I'm sure you're already doing that.

I hope your table comes soon! I also hope you post pics once she's in! -Z-

Last edited:

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, I'm in CT and yes I too had a longer than expected wait for mine. That was back in early 2009. But when I got it, unbridled joy & excitement filled my veins, lol.

My suggestion, remember that you've bought the best table on the planet. Diamond places a premium on customer satisfaction with the install (which likely is at least part of the reason for the delay). They are not going to sacrifice quality & customer satisfaction for the sake of banging out x amount of additional installs a week. Take comfort in that.

You are giving them more credit than they deserve.

They know how many tables they have in queue and they know exactly how many they can complete every hour, day, week and month.

The people that make the tables are not the same as those that install them, so that timeline is a whole other "division's" problem and is independent of the manufacturing and delivering of the product.

One of 3 things is probably at fault.
They are giving false delivery times knowing their queue is to deep to meet what they are telling people.
They are pushing people back to accommodate other orders.
They are holding the completed product waiting for the installer to tell them to release base on their schedule.

All 3 of those are poor customer service decisions.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know the current wait time from factory? I was quoted a table in 8-10 weeks from time of order. I ordered mine in April and still no table. Is everyone seeing this lag time or is mine an isolated incident? I have to admit I'm pretty frustrated and feel like I'm getting the run around. Can anyone tell me if they have had a similar experience with Diamond?

Thank you,

lbostons

Paul from Diamond is at the CSI Nationals. Factory-built tables are being quoted longer than 8-10 weeks currently. I'll confirm, as others can, but it's closer to 4-6 months. {edit: it's currently 12-14 weeks lead time}

Freddie

Last edited:

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
You are giving them more credit than they deserve.

They know how many tables they have in queue and they know exactly how many they can complete every hour, day, week and month.

The people that make the tables are not the same as those that install them, so that timeline is a whole other "division's" problem and is independent of the manufacturing and delivering of the product.

One of 3 things is probably at fault.
They are giving false delivery times knowing their queue is to deep to meet what they are telling people.
They are pushing people back to accommodate other orders.
They are holding the completed product waiting for the installer to tell them to release base on their schedule.

All 3 of those are poor customer service decisions.

Wow, you seem to have strong feeling about this.

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was three months for me. I ordered one last year, the 4.5 x 9 Pro with pro cut pockets.

The wait is worth it. Look at the alternatives and weigh it out.

My delivery time was shortened because I am close to the factory and have friends in the industry that take care of me.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Paul from Diamond is at the CSI Nationals. Factory-built tables are being quoted longer than 8-10 weeks currently. I'll confirm, as others can, but it's closer to 4-6 months.

Freddie

Current lead time is 12-14 weeks

lbostons

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol well I hope for your case it is 8-10 s0lidz. I know once I get mine (hopefully it's perfect) I won't care. I will have it for years.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Tables

Local poolroom ordered a room full of tables from factory... Paid in full..... We got empty promises....now were pushed back again... They knew since last year they'd need tables for the BCA...
The sales guys/operator owners at the factory have horrible attitudes.... Greg Sullivan needs to go hang out at the factory for a week or two and see how the day to day operations go and overhear/oversee phone calls and emails...

I don't care for the way diamond billiards is doing business... Years ago it was a different business with good attitudes..

Years and years ago no one was buying the diamond tables like today, Many years ago no one wanted those tables and the sales guys was begging for sells.. The tables was improved by the players,guys n gals that work on and install the tables opinions and input.

Robert Molina

Last edited:

pab

Center ball can do it all
Silver Member
I ordered a Diamond last year in mid-summer (July) and it took a little longer than what they had said it would. I also ordered a couple of chairs at the same time and didn't get them until like October or November. The ones that had come in had a small crack in one of the arms. It wasn't noticed until they arrived here, but they didn't want to give me something defective. In short, it might take longer than what they tell you and I can sympathize with your frustration because I've been there - but I promise, once you get your table and start playing, you'll pretty much forget all about it. It is definitely worth the wait. Diamond isn't the most efficient operation, but they are quality. Stay the course.

lbostons

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered a Diamond last year in mid-summer (July) and it took a little longer than what they had said it would. I also ordered a couple of chairs at the same time and didn't get them until like October or November. The ones that had come in had a small crack in one of the arms. It wasn't noticed until they arrived here, but they didn't want to give me something defective. In short, it might take longer than what they tell you and I can sympathize with your frustration because I've been there - but I promise, once you get your table and start playing, you'll pretty much forget all about it. It is definitely worth the wait. Diamond isn't the most efficient operation, but they are quality. Stay the course.[/

I'm trying to stay the course. I appreciate all the feedback. I'm felling better. You all are great.

lbostons

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
See

I ordered a Diamond last year in mid-summer (July) and it took a little longer than what they had said it would. I also ordered a couple of chairs at the same time and didn't get them until like October or November. The ones that had come in had a small crack in one of the arms. It wasn't noticed until they arrived here, but they didn't want to give me something defective. In short, it might take longer than what they tell you and I can sympathize with your frustration because I've been there - but I promise, once you get your table and start playing, you'll pretty much forget all about it. It is definitely worth the wait. Diamond isn't the most efficient operation, but they are quality. Stay the course.[/

I'm trying to stay the course. I appreciate all the feedback. I'm felling better. You all are great.

lbostons

I see you are in Central Ohio. I know Diamond likes to get as much work done in an area at one time. I know a guy up here in NE Ohio also is waiting for a new table maybe they will consolidate your two orders in the same day ( soon I hope ) .I have owned a Diamond table since 2000 and have been satisfied with the service. In 2012 had my red label converted over to a Blue label the wait time was about 10 weeks.