Willie Hoppe cue need help please

dkjshark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello everyone, i have an old willie hoppe cue that the bumper is missing, i would greatly appreciate any help in possibly finding one? If anyone knows where to locate one or a replacement one please advise, thanks kj

PA080001.jpg

PA080002.jpg

PA080003.jpg

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I can get one for you, these are the push on Brunswick bumpers. There are several members on this forum who have them tucked away, as well.

That cue is a stunner, gorgeous maple in the nose

dkjshark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ty very much, how much and how can i pay you for it? please pm me if you want thanks kj

dkjshark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone got a bumper for this cue? I would like to purchase , please pm me ty

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DO the Old TruBalance First Gen Cues use this style of Bumper?

I believe I have some of the OLD tru Balance 1940 range that use this style of bumper.

If they do, another cue to look at for for period correct parts.

Good Luck on the Search

mike:thumbup:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I have a few cues with this style of bumper. I have always been nervous about removing them from the wooden knob on the butt. Old rubber that may already have age cracks in them seems like the bumpers could split. Maybe heating them up with a hair dryer might make them more stretchy?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I have a few cues with this style of bumper. I have always been nervous about removing them from the wooden knob on the butt. Old rubber that may already have age cracks in them seems like the bumpers could split. Maybe heating them up with a hair dryer might make them more stretchy?
Yes, warming them up makes them softer. More often, I have just sliced them in half with a razor and they fall right off. The knobs make great tenons for buttcaps or Hoppe Rings :D

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
On more recent cues, Brunswick used a metal piece in place of the wooden knob. The bumper slipped over the metal piece in the same manner.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I know that this thread is a few years old but the pics of this cue seem to indicate that this cue had been worked on.
Brunswick professionals were bumperless, unless a bumper was added later.
The pin looks a little off to me also. The texture of the wrap is not smooth like most were and is much more even with the lines of the butt. Most original wraps were to thick for the wrap cut and stuck out more than this wrap. That would leave me to believe that the butt south of the wrap was added on from a True Balance or a Challenger cue. Master Strokes also had that style of bumper too.
Most Challengers were one piece Maple cues with fake, stained points but a few were made from left over True Balance cues and just labeled with a Challenger sticker.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I know that this thread is a few years old but the pics of this cue seem to indicate that this cue had been worked on.
Brunswick professionals were bumperless, unless a bumper was added later.
The pin looks a little off to me also. The texture of the wrap is not smooth like most were and is much more even with the lines of the butt. Most original wraps were to thick for the wrap cut and stuck out more than this wrap. That would leave me to believe that the butt south of the wrap was added on from a True Balance or a Challenger cue. Master Strokes also had that style of bumper too.
Most Challengers were one piece Maple cues with fake, stained points but a few were made from left over True Balance cues and just labeled with a Challenger sticker.
Some of them had the knob bumper setup from the factory. May have been a house cue that was chopped and pinned at the factory.

The house cues routinely had the knobs

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Some of them had the knob bumper setup from the factory. May have been a house cue that was chopped and pinned at the factory.

The house cues routinely had the knobs
Yes, you are correct. I did not even think about a conversion of a Titlist house cue. I have many Professionals in my collection and the three house cues I have don't have the bumpers.