Raj Hundal strong words about 9-ball/breaking/the rack

CueSportTV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the GB 9 Ball Tour they did introduce a rule to encourage the power break.

Three balls must pass the head string to be classed as a legal break (a ball potted counts towards the quota). In addition to this the tables are tapped giving an almost perfect rack everytime, Imran has just found a way of using the cut break and still getting three balls past the head string.

worriedbeef

The Voice of Reason
Silver Member
Fast Lenny said:

"I'll wear lipstick before I break like that!" :p

CueSportTV said:
On the GB 9 Ball Tour they did introduce a rule to encourage the power break.

Three balls must pass the head string to be classed as a legal break (a ball potted counts towards the quota). In addition to this the tables are tapped giving an almost perfect rack everytime, Imran has just found a way of using the cut break and still getting three balls past the head string.

this is just the inherent flaw with the 9-ball rack. If they are all pretty much frozen then you really don't need much power to get them to split. especially breaking from the side. As opposed to ten-ball where even if the rack is perfect, you still need a bit of force to get the balls to open up.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm very confident that those who want to make pool an exciting spectator sport will see to it that we see those world class power breaks in the vast majority of the tournaments and Action match ups in the future.

Watching the SVB vs Alex P race to 100 had me mesmerized by those mammoth break shots.

It's a shame that Raj's message to bring the big break back got lost because he sounded arrogant when he stated that his game was light years ahead of his opponent's

I've voiced a lot of opinion on this thread in the actual hope that I can help make a difference. Not to argue.

I hope that TAR is on the big break bandwagon and wouldn't let us pay to see a soft break yawnfest. I only heard about Cory's soft 10 ball break but I don't think I would want to see it. I'm not sure what rules they are using but obviously they can make any rules they want as the OMG vs Cubc match proved.

I fully understand that there is no right and wrong and it is a matter of opinion if the big break is more entertaining or better for the fans or not.

Looking forward to seeing Raj destroy some racks in a live internet match up soon.

predator

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn't they have some big 10ball tournament in Las Vegas with all the top players in the world? Supposedly only the very best would have the chance to win it, bla bla bla...

So who won it?

A certain player who...
- isn't considered all that great by some of fellow pro's
- doesn't break all that great
- many think he plays too fast

Big Dave

Pool Hack!!!
Silver Member
It's quite a controversial topic isn't it? And Raj is so passionate about it, I was keen to interview him about this - he's such a forthright person and he does feel strongly about the break.

At the same time, I'm still learning about the video interviews and I do agree it was unfair to interview him alone, so soon after the final, it was literally seconds after the match finished.

In future I would strive for more balance, and either interview before the final, or let them both calm down and interview both finalists together afterwards.

I've moved the video, now it can be found here: www.pro9.co.uk/html/TheProTube.php