Shane and Mika

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I call bulls--t i think you been drinking...lol j/k but i hope your wrong

Unfortunately, he's not wrong. The brand new World Team Cup in Germany overlaps with DCC this year. It's a big money event and anyone who is invited is expected to attend. DCC will lose quite a few big names because of it, sad to say. Of course, that means more money for those who do come. Instead of 350-400 players in each division, maybe there will only be 330-350. Still a monster event and still lots of action I'm sure.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately, he's not wrong. The brand new World Team Cup in Germany overlaps with DCC this year. It's a big money event and anyone who is invited is expected to attend. DCC will lose quite a few big names because of it, sad to say. Of course, that means more money for those who do come. Instead of 350-400 players in each division, maybe there will only be 330-350. Still a monster event and still lots of action I'm sure.

Is that a Matchroom event Jay?

JJsooted

Become a fan...
Silver Member

Yep, thats the one. Thanks Jay.

JesseBfan

Motivation, where are u?
Silver Member
I seriously doubt

that Mika is willing to play Shane a race to 100 10-ball. Not that any of us think he can't win. We all know this would be a very close match no matter who wins Prob have a game count between 183-199. I just don't think Mika is into 1on1 pool tournaments if you know what I mean:eek:

paksat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All it would take is someone to stake Mika for at least 10K, Shane's money is already posted!

I don't think mika is going to even consider it. It has potential to do something bad to that rep he has going right now.

Marvel

Marvel - The Yogi Bear
Silver Member
Well my guess is that Mika would be interested of the match up and would crush Shane without bigger problems.

He's just that good and confident right now.

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
Well my guess is that Mika would be interested of the match up and would crush Shane without bigger problems.

I know he is interested.

Atleast, that was what he told me at DCC 11 months ago, and I can't see any reason for him to not want the match anymore.

I think it all comes down to schedule, finding the right place, dates and format for everyone involved.

Time will show.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MOTHER.......F'er!

My first year at the Derby and Shane is a no show?

I knew he'd be duckin me!...probly heard I was going and told the manager to re-schedule him to some bs team america thing over seas :) HA! NOW who the hell am I gonna play?:grin-square:

seriously tho....it sux he wont be there, I was looking forward to seeing him in action.

G.

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
MOTHER.......F'er!

My first year at the Derby and Shane is a no show?

I knew he'd be duckin me!...probly heard I was going and told the manager to re-schedule him to some bs team america thing over seas :) HA! NOW who the hell am I gonna play?:grin-square:

seriously tho....it sux he wont be there, I was looking forward to seeing him in action.

G.

I agree, it sux. Players like Johnny Archer, Corey Deuel, SVB, Mika Immonen, Ralf Souquet, Darren Appleton, Karl Boyes, Marcus Chamat, Niels Feijen etc won't be there either, because of the same event.

I've heard through a reliabable source that Efren will be there for sure, though.

I guess the drop out of the top players means that people who can run a rack every now and then might have a chance of cashing now.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree, it sux. Players like Johnny Archer, Corey Deuel, SVB, Mika Immonen, Ralf Souquet, Darren Appleton, Karl Boyes, Marcus Chamat, Niels Feijen etc won't be there either, because of the same event.

I've heard through a reliabable source that Efren will be there for sure, though.

I guess the drop out of the top players means that people who can run a rack every now and then might have a chance of cashing now.

there goes another 5 or 6 of my favorite players!........seriously I might save my $$$ and go to some other event? I gave up going to the US Open to see the Derby this year....I think that might have been a mistake!

what a friggin drag!

worriedbeef

The Voice of Reason
Silver Member

crush him without any problems????

come on man you can think one has the edge over the other that's fine, but neither player is supposed to 'crush' the other!

Marvel

Marvel - The Yogi Bear
Silver Member
crush him without any problems????

come on man you can think one has the edge over the other that's fine, but neither player is supposed to 'crush' the other!

hehehe, it was meant to provoke a bit, but seriously, yes, Mika will murder him, no doubt about it ;)

irock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm just curious, what would be your guess, as to how many games you believe Mika would beat Shane by. Shane is very comfortable playing one on one, and not afraid to play anyone.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member

Roy,

Is there a web site detailing this tourney? Is there any way to sabotage it so it isn't held?

I find this schedule overlap to be rather distasteful. Harrrrrrummmmphhh. :mad:

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
No Niles? I am sure his girlfriend will also be missed.

Why does Pool world schedule conflicts like this? All it does it destroy the few good remaining tournaments.

With all of the men missing maybe the ladies will take over or maybe some of the "retired/tired" players may get back into action.