Full Racks Banks Match-Tonight 7pm cdt-J. Bergman vs D. Harriman Who do guys like ?

Rimfirejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I enjoyed the hell out of this match. I bought the stream wondering if Danny would represent himself the same way he does here when goes after people about straight pool. It turns out he's nothing like that. He's a great player who conducted himself like a gentleman and after he almost made the comeback in the first set I started pulling for the guy. Watchez had some cool stories from the old days and I got to see some great pool. All in all it was a good night.

Does anyone know if there was a bet in the middle or were they playing for a piece of the stream?

Agreed. $700 to winner and $500 to loser I believe.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While Justin does play there more frequently. Danny came into town at least twice in the past week just to practice on the table and they even played a practice game the other night on the same table.

I wiukd expect DH to do his due diligence for a match like this.

Doesn’t change the fact that JB has access to the frequent flyer lounge at that room while DH does not.

Lou Figueroa

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wiukd expect DH to do his due diligence for a match like this.

Doesn’t change the fact that JB has access to the frequent flyer lounge at that room while DH does not.

Lou Figueroa

Can elaborate on "frequent flyer lounge"

<<<< never been to that room

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jay had to think it was a lock LOL. But I'm glad to see Justin come out ahead.

I made a small sweat bet only. I wasn't about to bet more than a 100 on the match. I also respect Justin's game but Danny has always been one helluva Banks player. If they play again I may take Danny with odds.

Justin just seems unbeatable in his neck of the woods. I told him once that if he wanted to travel overseas and play I would stake him. My offer still goes.

sneakynito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was really hoping to catch this one. Looks like for good reason.
Any chance a replay will be offered anywhere?
I'll take Justin if so...

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I made a small sweat bet only. I wasn't about to bet more than a 100 on the match. I also respect Justin's game but Danny has always been one helluva Banks player. If they play again I may take Danny with odds.

Justin just seems unbeatable in his neck of the woods. I told him once that if he wanted to travel overseas and play I would stake him. My offer still goes.

Sounds like Danny might have his act together. I hope he does.

I guess Justin is playing Orcullo next long 10 ball race. I'm not sure that's a great idea. I like Dennis in that one - I'll watch it for sure.

Last edited:

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like Danny might have his act together. I hope he does.

I guess Justin is playing Orcullo next long 10 ball race. I'm not sure that's a great idea. I like Dennis in that one - I'll watch it for sure.

I spoke to Danny in Springfield a couple of years ago and he mentioned all he had been playing was three cushion. I was there for this banks match and afterwards he pretty much said that hasn’t changed.

Danny looked good though and I felt he represented himself well against one hell of a player in Justin. Danny mentioned that three cushion and running have done great things for him. I wish he would get out and compete more, but at the same time it’s just good to see he’s doing well. I wish him the best.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I enjoyed the hell out of this match. I bought the stream wondering if Danny would represent himself the same way he does here when goes after people about straight pool. It turns out he's nothing like that. He's a great player who conducted himself like a gentleman and after he almost made the comeback in the first set I started pulling for the guy. Watchez had some cool stories from the old days and I got to see some great pool. All in all it was a good night.

Does anyone know if there was a bet in the middle or were they playing for a piece of the stream?

good for Danny. Gotta play pretty damn well to put up that much of a fight vs. Bergman, for sure.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Danny remains one of the straightest shooters any of us have ever seen and is experienced at bank pool. His performance against Bergman is impressive, but hardly surprising.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Jay, I hope Justin takes you up on that offer...he’s one hell of an all round player....
...and he’s definitely got stones.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I enjoyed the hell out of this match. I bought the stream wondering if Danny would represent himself the same way he does here when goes after people about straight pool. It turns out he's nothing like that. He's a great player who conducted himself like a gentleman and after he almost made the comeback in the first set I started pulling for the guy.

that keyboards have a weird effect on some people is known, but i have always liked what i've seen from danny playing pool. there's even a match of him playing his main nemesis on the tube, and nothing bad can be said of his conduct.